- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

another new chapter!

To the priceless moments in your life....

 

            Nick stared up at the pink words on his ceiling. They weren't there when he fell asleep the night before. So he was confused about how they got there. He sat up and got out of his bed. He turned to his door and froze.

 

A heart filled with love is forever young.

 

            The same pink paint. The same writing. On both the ceiling and his door.

"What the hell?"

            He looked down at Layla who was by his feet. She wagged her tail. He bent down to look at her more closely. She had a pink heart painted on her back. He opened the door but didn't move. He just stared at the wall in front of him.

 

Sometimes words are not enough.

 

            It was on the wall as well. He wanted to know what was up with the pink writing and how many more places would he see it. He walked down the hallway and to the stairs. On the stairwell he saw:

 

One cannot spend forever sitting and solving the mysteries of one's history.

 

            Nick got to the bottom of the stairs and stopped. Lying on the floor was an envelope with his name on it in the pink paint. He bent down and picked it up curious about what it was. He opened it up and took the two pieces of paper out of it.

 

The first said:

            No matter who you are, no matter where you live, and no matter how many people are chasing you, what you don't read is often as important as what you do read.

-Lemony Snicket

 

            Nick set the first paper down confused. It made no sense to him at all. He picked up the other paper.

 

The second said:

Nick,

            By the time you read this you have also read everything else I've written in your house (that is, of course, unless you are blind). It probably makes no sense to you. But it shouldn't. So don't wreck your pretty boy head thinking about it.

            The two weeks I spent at your house were fun. But that time is over. I will not be staying any longer. The room you gave me is now the same way it was when I came. Everything you bought me is in two boxes on the bed. Do with it what you want. I will not be needed it. The guitar is back in the room where it originally was from. When I left I took nothing but my own things, the Vans and the coke.

            You're a great person but there's no way in hell that you are ready for a kid to raise.

-Damen

 

            Nick stared at the letter confused and a little sad. Damen had left. He never thought this would happen so soon. He didn't want the kid to live with him forever but he didn't expect him to leave after two weeks. He let the paper fall to the floor as a single tear fell from his eye.