- Text Size +

Nick took his phone out of his pocket as he left the studio. He turned it on and saw he had a text from Damen. He opened it up.

It said:

Call me when u can. I need 2 ask u something important.

            Nick opened up his car door and got in. After he started the car he called Damen.

"Dude! What the fuck? I'm at school!" Damen yelled when he answered.

"Oh.... I'm..."

"Hahaha! I'm just playing."

Nick rolled his eyes."You said you had something important to ask me."

"I know. I was getting there. Dang..... Anyways it's actually two things. Number one, can I borrow money?"

"How much?"

"Uh.... Okay. The second is can you come up here?"

"Where?"

"Detroit, Michigan."

"Okay.... How much money?" Nick asked again.

"Uh.... I don't know."

            Nick started to drive back to his house. He set his phone to speaker and threw it to the passenger seat.

"Okay. What's the money for Damen?"

"Paying a drug dealer." Damen replied calmly.

"What!?"

"Look my mom's trying to stop. But Mr. Drug..."

"Who's Mr. Drug?"

"The drug dealer. That's what I call him. Can I continue?"

"Yes."

"Mr. Drug won't leave her alone until he gets his money."

"And how much money is that?" Nick asked as he turned a corner.

"30 thousand. But I already have almost 9 hundred."

"So you want me to give you like 29 thousand?"

"No. We have a month to get the money. I just want to borrow money from you on the day I go to pay him."

"How are you going to only borrow it if you have to pay him?"

"I'm gonna have it set up to where he goes to jail and you get your money back."

 Nick thought about this. Damen sounded sure that he wasn't going to actually give the money. Nick wasn't though. He remembered when he did drugs. The dealers weren't going to be tricked.

"Damen I don't know...."

"Damn you sound like Nat. I have this worked out, alright? I just need you up here at the end of the month."

            With that Damen hung up on Nick. Nick sighed as he pulled into his driveway. He got out of the car and walked up to the door. When he got there he got another text from Damen.

It said:

LOSER!!

            Nick rolled his eyes and erased it. About thirty seconds later he got another one.

It said:

My fries r helping

            Nick looked at it confused. He sent one back.

It said:

Fries?

            It took about a minute for Damen to respond.

It said:

I meant friends

            Nick sighed as he fell onto his couch unsure of what to do.