- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you guys like it!

Nick knew that Jess was looking at him. But he didn't dare to look up at her. He was trying to keep his focus on his shoes and the ground.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

            Nick froze when she spoke. Her voice was cold and filled with anger. He sighed and looked up at her. She had changed since he had last seen her. She was thinner, pale and her hair wasn't blond anymore. But the frown that was on her face was the same. He remembered that and her smile.

"Damen called me and asked me to come." Nick answered.

"Why?"

"I don't know. He wasn't really answering my questions."

"How do you know him?"

"He came to me. He said that I was his father."

            She looked away from him.

"Jess," he almost whispered. "Is that true?"

 

            Damen and Tom were behind the house. They weren't back there hiding though. They were sitting on the swing listening.

"I don't hear her yelling." Tom said to Damen.

"I know... I guess we ran for nothing."

            Damen looked up into the sky. At the moment he could remember the night he found out about Nick clearly.

 

Flash back

            Damen was woken up at 2am by his drunken mother trying to get in the house. He got off the couch and sighed. He knew he shouldn't have locked the door after she left. But he didn't like it being unlocked with her drugie friends waiting outside.

            He opened the door and she fell into his arms. He started to help her inside. Then she pushed him away.

"I can walk Nick." She slurred.

"Mom? Are you okay?"

            She looked into his eyes.

"You're not Nick."

He shook his head, "No, I'm Damen. Your son."

            He sighed. About once a month he had to remind her who he was and why he was in her house. Calling him Nick was new. She had never done that before.

She waved her hand around, "Oh yea... you look like him."

"Who was he?"

            He knew she was drunk and he probably shouldn't believe anything she told him, but he wanted to know.

"Your dad."

"I thought he died."

"No you stupid boy." She tried to slap him but missed. "He's alive."

"Then why isn't he here?"

"He bailed." She said before she fell and passed out on the floor.

End of flash back

 

"Damen? Are you listening?"

            Damen stopped thinking and turned to face Tom.

"What?"

"I said maybe we didn't run back here for nothing."

"What do you..."

            Damen was cut off by Tom pushing him down on the grass and kissing him. He started to kiss him back. Damen smiled to himself when he felt Tom's tongue in his month.

"Are you two gonna stop or do I need to get the hose?"

            The two boys pulled away from each other. They looked up and saw Nat standing there smirking.

"I came by to tell you that Rachel chose us to play at her party."

"Okay." Damen stood.

            He started to walk inside of his house.

 

            Nick walked closer to her.

"Jess?"

"Yes, it's true Nick. I was 2 months pregnant when you left, okay?"

            He stepped away from her and looked into her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me then?"

"Because in interviews you said you were too young. You didn't want to be married of have a family. So I kept it to myself."

            She turned away and almost run inside so he didn't see her cry. What she didn't see was he following her.