- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry it's taken a while but I've been busy with school. Hope you like it.

Damen sat at the table and watched as his mom and Nick came in through the front door and Tom and Nat came in through the back door. He saw his mom crying. He looked at Nick and glared at him. But Nick didn't notice. He just walked up to Jess and spun her around to face him. He wiped away her tears.

"Jess, what's wrong? Tell me, baby. Please."

            He didn't know Damen and his friends were in the house. He also kind of forgot he wasn't dating her anymore.

"You're here."

"Besides that honey."

            She fell into a chair.

"I can't get a job. So I won't have any money. And now my dad's in the hospital. Nicky I...."

            She looked up into his eyes like she used to do when she cried. He knelt down beside her and pulled her into a hug.

            Damen stared at them. Then he turned to his friends.

"This is worse than her yelling." He whispered to them.

            Both of them nodded. It was disturbing for them to see his mom cry and this guy they didn't know hug her.

Nat cleared his throat, "Uh.... Excuse me but what's going on?"

            Tom and Damen hit him. Jess looked up and saw the three boys. She pushed Nick away and stood up. She felt Nick stand behind her.

"How long have you been here?"

"I've been here before you walked in." Damen said. "They got in at the same time you did."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Nick asked.

"There was a cry feast going on." Nat said.

            He got hit by the other two again.

"So.... Uh.... Who are you?" Tom asked Nick.

"He's Damen's dad." Jess answered. Then she turned to Nick. "These are two of his friends. Tom and Nat."

"Has anybody seen Ethan?" Nat asked.

            Damen was about to hit him again but he moved.

"No more hitting."

"Fine. So mom can you really not find a job?"

"Yes. I'm sorry I looked..."

"It's okay." Damen said and left. Dragging Nat and Tom with him.

            Five minutes later the three boys were walking down the street.

"Dame where are we going?" Nat asked.

"Well you wanted to know where E was."

"So? I didn't mean we should go look for him."

"I know. But I need him."

"Why?" Tom asked feeling slightly jealous.

"Because if my mom can't get a job then we won't get enough money. So I need to do something else."

"Why not ask ‘daddy' like you told me?" Nat mocked.

"I'm not asking him for that much. Plus we can use his money for food."

"True."

            After thirty more minutes they found Ethan. He was sitting in the park burning woodchips with one of Nat's lighter's. Nat sat down beside him and took the lighter. He took out a cigarette, lit it, and handed the lighter ack. He blew smoke in Damen's face as he sat down.

"Found him."

"Can you and Tom go get a pizza?"

"Why?"

"Tom's got money."

            Nat stood up and looked at Tom.

"Fine but you gotta buy me a new pack too."

"Alright?"

            They walked off and Ethan looked at Damen.

"What do you need?"

"How did you know?"

"You sent them away. That means business."

"I need a place burnt down.... But I can't get in trouble for it."