- Text Size +

Ethan looked at Damen. At first he was surprised. Then his lips formed a smirk.

"What do you need done?"

"Steve's place."

            Ethan said nothing for a moment. He was obviously thinking it over.

"Good choice. I can't do that one but..."

"Ethan!"

"I said but. I'm sure Scar will."

"For a price?"

            He didn't want to bring Scar into this. He hated that guy so much. But if he had to he would.

"Possibly. I have no clue. Depends on how much he hates Steve right now."

            Damen said nothing else. He saw Nat and Tom coming up and he didn't want them to know what he was planning. Nat sat down and handed the pizza bow to Damen. He opened it and looked in.

"There's a piece missing."

Nat looked at him, "You can't expect me to carry a pizza with extra cheese and chicken on it and not eat it dude. That's like... death."

"Whatever, so what are we going to play at Rachel's party?"

"Don't know but she was in the pizza shop." Tom said. "She wants you guys to wear purple and sparkles."

"Hell no!" Ethan said.

            Damen just ate some of the pizza. He could feel the other guys eyes on him.

"Tell her we'll wear it." He said simply.

"But Damen I don't want to." Nat said.

"Then don't. We just have to say we will. If we don't she'll find another band."

"But what happens at the party when she see's us?" Ethan asked.

"She'll yell. But it's either have no band for her party because it's too late to get another or live with us not in sparkly purple. Which do you think she'll pick?" He waited for the others to say something. They didn't. He nodded. "Now what songs are we going to play?"

 

            Nick was sitting at the table waiting for Jess. She had went to fix her make-up and call Damen. He looked up from the floor when he heard a door open. Damen walked in with his friends behind him.

"Where's my mom?"

            Before Nick could answer Jess walked back into the room.

"I'm going to the hospital Damen."

"Okay."

            He turned away and started to leave.

"Are you coming?"

            He looked back at his mom. Nick saw that his face was almost white.

"I... I can't." He said before quickly leaving the room.

            Tom and Nat followed Damen. Ethan was about to then he turned to Nick.

"Do I know you?"

"Uh... maybe..."

"You a singer?"

"Yeah."
"Your name Aaron Carter?"

"No."

"Oh. You kind of look like him. You know that?"

            Ethan left. Nick just stared after him before he started laughing.

"He's not that smart is he?"

Jess smiled a little. "No, not really. Look Nick I've got to go..."

"I'll come with you."

"Really?" She asked taken aback.
"Yeah, I know you don't really want to go alone."

"Thank you Nick."

            He got up and took her hand. Before leading her outside he brushed her hair out of her face. Then he led her to the car and drove her to the hospital.