- Text Size +

 

Over the next few days Jess and Nick stayed either with her dad in the hospital or with her mom. Her dad wasn't getting any better. The doctor had already told her to start making the funeral arrangements. Jess wanted Damen's help with it but she hadn't seen him since the day Nick came.

            At the moment she was at her parent's house with her mom. She had spent an hour trying to tell her mom that she wasn't dating Nick again. But it wasn't worth it. Her mom didn't believe her. Now they were talking about Damen and the funeral. Nick had left to go get the lunch.

"Mom I don't think we should do that."          

"Jessica! Damen loves him. He'll give a speech at his funeral. I know he will." Her mom, Betty, said before opening the door to let Nick in.

"Alright but you get to tell him."

"I see your mom won the fight." Nick said.

"She beat me not Damen."

"So?"

"Damen doesn't like to lose."

"If I remember right Betty doesn't either."

            She scowled and Nick smiled as he handed her the sub he got her. Betty got glasses and plates out. She set the plates on the table and the glasses on the counter. Carefully she poured them each a glass of lemonade. Jess helped her carry the glasses to the table. For the rest of the day the three of them kept planning out the funeral.

 

            Meanwhile Damen was at Tom's. Rachel's party was in two days. He had just finished the list of songs that they were going to play.

"Hey Tom! Get in here!"

            He waited as he heard Tom walking up the stairs.

"What?"

"I got the song list. We're going to do Hit The Light, Astronaut, The Great Escape, and Poppin' Champagne. What do you think?"

"It's great but I thought she said 8 songs."

"She did."

"You only have 4."

"I know."

"So you're not wearing purple and playing only 4 songs?"

"That's right."

"You're not listening to anything she tells you."

"I know that too. But I have reasons."

"Okay. What are they?"

"I won't wear purple because I don't have any and I'm not buying any. I'm not playing 8 songs because by the time we're done playing these 4 everyone will be drunk and no one will notice if there's a live band or not."

"Oh, that makes sense."

"I know huh? I'm so smart."

            Tom laughed and moved his lap top away from Damen.

"So are you done now?" He asked.

            Damen nodded and leaned back onto the bed. He watched as Tom put the computer on his desk. When Tom turned back to him he threw a pillow at him.

"What the hell was that for?"

"It's 5 o'clock. So I act like I'm 5."

"You're crazy. Besides it's only 2."

            Damen looked at the clock and frowned. Tom walked over and sat down beside him.

"I thought it was 5. Your clock lied to me."

            He sighed and laid down on the bed. Tom rolled himself onto him and then pushed up so he was above Damen. A smirk appeared on Damen's face.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't really know."

"What if I don't want you to do anything?"

"You're the one who laid down."

"True..."

            Damen pulled him down and started kissing him. Tom opened his mouth to let Damen's tongue slide in. Then he reached behind Damen neck and undid the studded chocker he wore. He threw it on the floor. Damen slid his hands under Tom's shirt and placed them on his chest. But when he heard his phone ring he pushed Tom off. He stood up, picked up his phone and chocker and left the room. Once he was outside he answered it.

"Hello?"

"Damen, your grandmother wants you here now."

"Okay. Where's here?"

"Her house. You have an hour. Then she said she's coming to find you."

"Alright, I'll be there." He said putting his chocker back on.

            One thing he didn't want was his little old grandma chasing him down. That wouldn't be fun. Just picture it - little old lady chasing a skater punk. Nope that's not happening. At least not to him.