- Text Size +

Ethan led Damen to a diner that was about an hour away from Rachel's party. Ethan stopped at a bike rack in front.

"He wants to talk to you alone."

            Damen nodded and walked to the door. Off in the shadows he saw a group of guys. He knew that they were Scar's gang. He walked inside and saw Scar sitting at a booth.

            He paused before going to him. He knew nothing about Scar besides he was the best when it came to breaking the law and he never once got caught before. Everything else about Scar was a big mystery.

            Damen pushed thoughts of doubt out of his mind and walked over to Scar. He sat down across from him.

"Ethan tells me you need my help."

"I don't need it. I just don't want to do it myself."

            Scar raised an eyebrow but nodded. Damen was the only one he would allow to talk without his permission.

"So Steve's house?"

"Yea..."

"You got the money with you?"

            Damen took out a stack of bills and handed them over. Scar counted them twice before putting them away.

"So... you're going into your last year of high school right?"

"Correct, but I have no interest in joining your gang. Just do as I asked."

            Damen stood up and walked quickly back out to Ethan.

"Let's go. Now!"

 

            By the time Damen got home it was 8 in the morning. He walked down to his mom's room to see if she was up. He was surprised to see Nick lying in the bed with her.

"That's nasty." He said loud enough to wake them up.

            He watched as the two of them started to wake up. Nick was the one to see him first.

"Next time close the door. So when I come home the next morning I don't have to see this."

            Damen walked away and turned on the TV. He turned to the news channel. A story about Steve's house burning came on just as his mom and Nick came out.

"Early this morning a known drug dealers house burst into flames. Only one out of the nine men survived. The police are investigating and they believe that it was arson. They hope to catch the person who did it soon.  I don't know if it's to thank them or punish them though..." The reporter said.

            Damen smirked and turned to cartoons.

"Damen....." Jess said behind him.

"What?"

"Was that.... Steve's house?"

"Think so."

            He never took his eyes off the TV. That would give him away.

"Go back to the news."

"Why?"

"Damen!"
"Fine. Do what you want. I need food anyways."

            He threw the remote to his mom and left.

Chapter End Notes:

It's getting close to the end! Let me know what you think! :)