- Text Size +

In the time that followed my grandfather's death I had every intention to kill myself. I thought about doing it every day. It wasn't until that day in January when Nick talked to me did I change my mind. I started opening up to him and talking to him like I used to do with my grandpa. My relationship with Nick is not as strong as the one I had with my grandfather but it's getting closer.

            Right before I graduated Nick asked me if I minded if he married my mom. I told him he could but if he ever divorced her it would be the last day of his life. After my graduation Nick moved my mom and grandma down to Florida with him. That November they got married. Now they have two girls. Twins. I'm so happy I'm not there with the girls all the time like they are. Those two girls are seriously misbehaved, basically because I taught them to be.

            Now I'm a senior at Grand Valley State University with Nat. The two of us have been together since 6th grade and no one's splitting us up now. Ethan would be with us but he got kicked out for having pot and is now spending his days in jail. Which he says is a very nice place, not like I would ever go there though. I have no clue what happened to the rest of my class and I really don't care either. I never liked them anyway.

            As time passed I've been able to think of my grandfather more. It's still hard at times and I know I'll always miss him. I still can't bring myself to play the guitar or sing yet. I hope someday I'll be able to again.

            I realize I owe my life to Nick. Without him I'll be dead. I couldn't ask for a better dad....I just wish he came around sooner.

Everything happens for a reason.....Damen.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you to everyone who has read this story from the begining and reviewed. You guys are amazing! ♥