- Text Size +

Look at the stars - Look how they shine for you - And everything you do - Yeah they were all yellow

I came along - I wrote this song for you - And all the things that you do - And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn - Oh what a thing to have done - And it was all yellow

Your skin - Oh yeah, your skin and bones - Turning to something beautiful - You know - You know I love you so

You know I love you so...

 

            Damen listened to his music as he walked quietly and slowly around Nick's house. Nick had gone to bed an hour ago and he couldn't resist exploring the house. This way he could do it without Nick getting mad at him. He opened a door slowly and walked into the room. The moonlight shined in through the window. With its help he saw piles of cd's, movies, and video games. There was another huge TV, but this one had a game system hooked up to it. Damen backed out of the room and walked down the hall.

            The next two doors led into closets. He walked past Nick's bedroom and to the last room in the hall. He took a deep breath before opening it. He slowly walked in and saw a desk. He closed the door behind him and turned the lights on. He walked up to the desk and then turned to face the door. He guessed that this was Nick's office. He saw all the awards he had won with the Backstreet Boys on the shelves to his left. The wall on his right was filled with pictures.

            He walked up to the wall to look at them more closely. He saw the rest of the Backstreet Boys in some of them. Some of the pictures he knew had to be really old. He kept looking at them and kept seeing four faces that he didn't recognize. One was a guy and the other three were girls.

"What are you doing in here?"

            Damen dropped his Mp3 player and turned around. Standing in the doorway was Nick. Damen couldn't tell if he was mad or not.

"I um... I'll leave."

            Damen picked up his Mp3 and walked over to Nick.

"I didn't tell you to leave. I just wanted to know what you were doing." Nick told him.

"I just wanted to see more of your house."

"Why didn't you ask then?"

Damen shrugged, "I thought you wouldn't show me everything I guess."

"Damen you're going to be living here. I would have shown you everything you wanted to see."

"Oh..." Damen said softly.

            Nick walked over to his chair and sat down.

"So do you have any questions about this room?"

"Only one." Damen walked back over to the pictures. "Who are these people?"

            Nick got up and walked over to him. He looked at the picture Damen was pointing at.

"Those are my sister's and brother."

"What are they're names?"

"I thought you had only one question?" Nick joked.

"Well....just answer."

"Fine. My brother's name is Aaron. The girl with the brown hair is his twin and her name is Angel. The taller of the two blond girl's is Leslie. And the other blond girl is BJ."

Damen nodded, "What does BJ stand for?"

"Bobbie Jean."

"Cool."

"That it?"

"Yep. I'm going to bed now."

            Nick watched as Damen left the room. Something was up with the kid and he wanted to know what it was. He let out a yawn and started walking back to bed. He'd find out what was wrong in the morning when he wasn't tired.

            Nick was almost to his room when he heard barking coming from Damen's room. He ran down the hall and into his room. Layla was barking and jumping trying to get Damen who was sitting peacefully on top of the dresser laughing.

"Dude your dog's crazy."

"Thanks. Layla shut up."

            Nick walked over to her and picked her up.

"What are you doing up there?"

"It bit me."

"Oh. Sorry about that. She's kind of mean."

Damen shook his head. "And you said your dogs wouldn't hurt me."

"Yeah well, I forgot about her. You okay?"

"I will be...."

"You sure? You seemed sad leaving the other room."

"Oh...that was nothing."

            Damen hopped off the dresser and walked to the bed.

"Damen what is it?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"Fine, I got upset okay? I got jealous because you have a brother and sisters. And I don't  because of my stupid mom."

            Damen sat down on the bed and turned away from him. Nick walked over and sat down next to him.

"What happened?"

"I was supposed to have a sister. But my mom freaked out and started drinking and doing drugs more than she normally did. She also stopped eating. When she found out what she was doing didn't kill the baby she had an abortion."

            By the time he was done he was crying. Nick held him tightly not knowing what to do.

Chapter End Notes:

Song Used: Yellow by Coldplay