- Text Size +

I was pissed beyond belief. Just wait till I get a hold of my daughter’s father. His skinny ass was grass. To say I was upset was an understatement. I was downright mad bordering on murder. My daughter would be fatherless, but I was totally unequivocally okay with it.

I grabbed my cell phone and punched in the number. My anger was not subsiding. In fact, I was getting madder by the minute.

“J’s phone.”

“NICK FUCKING CARTER. GET THE SKINNY ASSHOLE OF A BASTARD ON THE PHONE NOW!!!” I shouted.

“Whoa calm down, Leah.”

“I will not calm the fuck down. I just want to talk to the lousy son of a bitch. Why are you answering his phone?”

“He’s busy at the moment.”

“Apparently not busy enough to know what’s going on. He’s probably too busy fucking groupies.” I commented rudely.

“What did he do now?” Nick chuckled. “You know how your temper turns me on.”

“What hasn’t he done? He’s pissed off the wrong woman. I’m in no mood for your sexual innuendos.” I spat. Nick was giving me a bigger headache then I already had.

“You know one fuck from me will make you forget whatever J’s done.”

“No thank you. I’m a happily engaged woman. All my needs are being met. Thank you very much.”

“You’re loss, babe. I’ll go get J.”

The few minutes it took to get AJ, gave me a chance to compose my thoughts. I was going to rip him a new one. He’s seen me mad, but when it comes to my daughter I don’t give a shit about anyone’s feelings. AJ knew that, so he dug his own grave this time.

“Hello Leah. How can I help you?” AJ asked in a friendly voice. He wasn’t going to be friendly after our conversation.

“You Mother Fucking Bastard Asshole of a Dad.”

“Calm down, Leah. Breathe…in and out, in and out.” He joked.

“It’s not funny. I will not calm down. Have you seen the picture of your daughter on Twitter?” I growled. I started to pace. It was a habit of mine when I was angry.

“Umm…no I haven’t.” He paused. “Nick give me your phone.”

I waited for him to log on and see his fourteen year old daughter’s picture.

“Holy shit!” He commented into the phone.

“What the hell is going on? I can’t believe you would let Eden wear something like that on tour.”

“I didn’t know she owned clothes like that. She’s been wearing jeans every time we’re together.” He puffed on his cigarette. “I’m just as shocked as you are.”

“This is the first time I’ve seen her act like this. Maybe she shouldn’t be on tour with you.” I wanted to protect my little girl. I didn’t want her to repeat the mistakes her parents made. Eden didn’t need to grow-up that fast.

“Leah, that’s not fair. I hardly ever see her the way it is. Summer is my time for her. Let me talk to her.” AJ pleaded.

“Something’s wrong. Eden would never do this. It’s a cry for attention. Maybe it’s better for her to spend the summer in Georgia instead of traveling around Europe.” I stopped. I don’t think AJ got it. He didn’t spend every day with his daughter. Eden was a good girl. She was nothing like I was as a teenager. “I just don’t want her to make the same mistakes we did. We both screwed up a lot.”

“She won’t be like us. We’ve engraved that into her head since she could breathe. Let me talk to her and I’ll get back to you.” AJ was ready to get off the phone. Leah was getting on his nerves, but this was nothing new.

“Don’t you dare hang up on me Alexander? Maybe I should come on tour with her. That way you can spend time together and I can watch over her when you’re busy.” I suggested. It would make me feel better being with my daughter.

“No, I can handle our daughter on my own. I don’t think you trust me.”

“I trust you enough. I don’t trust my teenager in Europe. Look what happened to us in Germany all those years.” I pointed out. AJ hated that I threw up the past all time.

“We wouldn’t have Eden if we didn’t have that time together in Germany. I don’t regret that one moment, but the rest I do. I think you just want to come on tour to spend time with your fiancé.”

“That’s not true. This has nothing to do with my current relationship. It sounds like you’re jealous.”

“Maybe I am. If you want to come on tour, fine do so. I can’t stop you. You always do what you want.” AJ hung up on me. Damn him to hell.

I quickly got my suitcase out of the closet. I began throwing clothes and crap inside.

AJ’s last comment pissed me off.  He thought I was only coming on tour to see my fiancé. That was not the case. He never even crossed my mind.

I cared about my daughter. Her behavior was puzzling. I had never her seen her wearing the outfit she was wearing. Eden would never wear a short pleated skirt to her ass and a tiny tank top. She was more responsible than I was at that age. For her to post a picture for everyone to see was shocking. Eden had it together, but this was so unlike her.

Once my suitcase was packed, I made a call to Jen, BSB’s manager. I needed to get the correct tour information. I would be flying into Germany.

The cab picked me up and drove me to the airport. My temper had not cooled off. In fact it had only gotten worse. I was not looking forward to this trip.