- Text Size +

Leah’s Point of View

After the last time we made love AJ fell asleep. He was snoring away, and I was feeling uneasy. I removed the covers and got out of bed. I found my clothes and put them on. I slipped out of the room quietly. I made my way to mine and Brian’s room. He was sleeping soundly, so I knew I wouldn’t be caught. I headed into the bathroom to get a shower.

The warm water trickled down my body. My warm tears were mixed in the spray on my face. How did I succumb to AJ so easily? Something about him held me in a trance. I shed tears for being stupid to falling for AJ. I shed more tears for being unfaithful to Brian. He was innocent in this situation.

Twenty minutes later, I was getting dressed for the day. It was still early, about five thirty. I finished putting my things away, when I heard Brian stir.

“Baby, where were you all night?” He asked groggily.

“When we got back I wasn’t tired, so I watched some TV and fell asleep on the couch.” I explained hoping he would believe me.

“I missed you cuddling with you.”

“Aww, you’re so sweet. How was your movie night with Eden?”

“It was good. We watched one of the Harry Potter movies.” He yawned.

“Bri, you’re still tired. It’s early, go back to bed. I’m headed to the gym. I love you.” I kissed his cheek.

“Love ya, Leah.”

I left the room and quickly exited the suite. When I entered the gym it was empty. That gave me a feeling of relief. At this point I didn’t want to be around anyone. I sat on the floor with my chin on my knees.

What was I going to do? I loved Brian and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. He was everything a woman would want in a husband. He was caring, kind, understanding, and would do anything for me. He loved Eden like she was his own daughter. Who wouldn’t want to be with a man like that?  I mean at times he was corny and predictable, but I had grown used to that. Brian was safe. I always knew where he stood.  There was never a guessing game when it came to Brian.

I know that it was wrong of me to cheat on Brian. The thought had never crossed my mind until I was around AJ. Maybe it was because we had a history together. Sure it was toxic, but at times I think he was the only person to get who I was.  AJ was my first on so many things in my life. We shared a special bond that only parents could share.

How was I going to tell Brian I was unfaithful? It would wound him. I know that he would want to work things out because Brian would never accept the fact that we didn’t try to solve our problems. I think that is what I loved most about him.

At least I would be leaving in a couple days. Being away from AJ would help matters immensely. I knew AJ had high hopes that I would leave Brian for him, but it wasn’t going to happen.

“Are you okay, Leah?” Nick asked in concern as he entered the gym. Shit, I really didn’t want to see him at the moment.

“I’m fine.” I stood up.

“You looked like you were in a fog.” He gave me a strange look.

“I was meditating. I must have gotten into it too much.” I laughed. Breathe, Leah breathe.

“I guess so. So you left with AJ last night?” He questioned as he got on the treadmill. I stepped on the one next to him.

“No, we got into a heated argument and I left on my own.” I started running. At least I was getting my frustration out.

“Interesting.” He made a funny face at me.

“What’s so interesting about it?” I commented. I didn’t want to deal with this shit. I was Nick would stop acting like an ass.

“Well you both disappeared and AJ had a woman in his room last night.”

“So he got lucky. You act like he’s never had sex before.” I rolled my eyes at Nick.

“Leah, he hasn’t had a woman in his room for a long time. I don’t anyone who has gone without sex as long as him.” He stopped jogging.

“What are you getting at, Nick?” I stopped and glared at him.

“In the past year, he told me that only woman he wanted in his bed was you.”

“I guess he changed his mind.” I said quickly, probably a little too quickly.

“You may be able to lie to Brian and AJ, but I’m the expert at covering up deceitful liaisons.”

“Wow, Nick I never knew you could use such big words.” I stepped off the treadmill and started to leave. I didn’t need Nick’s shit today. I already was feeling like a cheating whore.  “I don’t know what the hell you are talking about.”

“Oh, AJ fuck me harder, make me cum. Lee, I’m about to blow. Does that ring a bell?” He sneered. “You can pretend all you want, but my room is next to his. I heard you banging all night long.”

“What do you want me to say?” I asked.  I was ready to punch Nick in the gut. I couldn’t stand him at the moment.

“I think it’s a shame you’re screwing around on my best friend. Brian doesn’t deserve to be used by a slut like you.” He grabbed my wrist. I pulled free from him.

“You have no right calling me a slut. I remember all the nighst you enjoyed me in your bed when I was with AJ.” I hissed. “It was all fine and dandy for you to fuck me, but now you’re a hypocrite because you’ve suddenly become a saint. That sure is funny coming from the biggest womanizer of the Backstreet Boys.

“Leah, it’s time you grow up. Brian is a good man. He doesn’t deserve to be treated this way. I’ve made a lot of mistakes. I regret them. You’re going to lose him if you don’t stay from J. Don’t fuck it up.”

“Nick go to hell. You don’t know what you’re talking about. You need to keep your effin’ mouth shut. This is my problem and I’ll deal with it. If you say anything to Brian, I’ll kick your ass.”

“I’ll give you until the charity ball to come clean. If you don’t, I’m telling Rok.” He said with a clenched jaw.

“You have some nerve. I never thought you would be the one to ruin my relationship with Brian.”

“I’m sick of you treating him like crap. He deserves someone that actually loves him.” Nick pushed me aside as he walked to the door.

“I do love him.” I called out.

“Prove it. Tell AJ to fuck off and come clean to Brian.” Nick left the gym. I was in shock. Nick was usually on my side when it came to things. Now he was against me. I never was so alone in my life.