- Text Size +

Leah’s Point of View

After my conversation with Nick, I was mentally drained. I don’t think I could take much more drama. Being on tour wasn’t for me. I needed to leave now.

Eden was sitting on the couch watching cartoons with AJ. They were both laughing at Bugs Bunny. I was shocked to see them spending time together. “Hey mom! How was your workout?”

“Great. I need to go make some phone calls.” I answered her abruptly and made my way to the balcony. I sat down and made arrangements for a flight that would take me home today.  Once everything was settled, I took in a breath of fresh air. Some of my stress seemed to disappear. My world was closing in on me and I need to decide what I wanted. As mad as Nick made me; he was right about the fact that I needed to tell Brian. It’s just I didn’t know how to tell him without hurting him more than I had to.

“Babe, it everything okay?”

“Hey Bri.” He sat down next to me “I need to go home. They are having issues with the charity ball and only I can handle them.”

“It hard when you’re the best person for the job.” He placed a kiss on my cheek. “The ball would never happen if it weren’t for you.  I’m going to miss you, but I’ll be home in a few weeks.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to have you all to myself.” I sighed. Brian seemed so happy, and I knew that I would be breaking his heart in a matter of weeks.

--------------

“Mom I can’t believe you’re leaving.” Eden said dramatically. “Now I’m stuck all alone with dad.”

“You seemed to be having a good time with him this morning.” I kissed her on the forehead. “Just give him a chance. I think you will realize your dad is cooler than you think.”

“I guess.” She shrugged in her typical teenage attitude.

I grabbed my suitcase and wheeled it into the living room of the suite. Eden followed me like a lost puppy. Nick entered the suite and gave me a dirty look. He was still pissed from our conversation this morning.

“Where are you going?” He asked curiously. He tone wasn’t spiteful as it was this morning. I think it was because Eden was there.

“I have business to take care of at home.” I smiled politely at him. I didn’t want Eden to think anything was wrong.

Nick moved in close to me and whispered in my ear. “I think that’s the best decision you’ve made recently. I hope you get your head out of your ass and realize what you have. Don’t throw it away for a thrill.”

“Are you hitting on my woman?” Brian teased as he entered the room.

“Nah, she loves you too much to ever want me. You got a good woman Rok.” Nick joked. What a liar he was.

“I certainly do.” He hugged me. “I meet you at the venue in a few hours.”

----------------------

AJ’s Point of View

God fucking damn me to hell. I couldn’t believe she left without saying goodbye. Well actually it really didn’t surprise me. I don’t think Leah would ever admit the truth. I saw it in her beautiful fucking eyes last night. She could deny the hell out of her feelings, but I knew she loved me.

“What’s wrong J? You look like your dog died.” Howie pushed himself onto the stage next to me.

“Nothing I care to talk about.” I swung my legs trying to ignore the hurt I was feeling. I really didn’t want to talk about it. Howie would ride my ass for screwing around with an engaged woman. Nobody got how much I truly loved her.

“Is this about a certain someone that left today?”

“No, why the hell would I care if that bitch left. At least I don’t have to deal with her. I hope she stays in Atlanta for good.”

“You’re lying. After the stunt you pulled singing that song, you are still in love with her.”

“Well thank you Captain Obvious.” I grumbled.

“I wasn’t finished. You have to be blind not to see that she loves you back.” I looked at him in disbelief.

“Yeah, well apparently not enough. She’s happy with Brian.”

“Brian is her safety net. She doesn’t have to try with him. He’s vanilla to her.”

“Vanilla, what hell does that mean? What kind of psychobabble is Sadie filling your head with?” I loved Howie but his wife tried to teach him psychology and he acted like he understood it.

“He’s predictable. Leah always knows what she’s going to get with Brian. Every day is the same with him. Every fight and make up is the same. I’m sure the sex is predictable, too.” His last comment got me laughing.

“You mean he’s not a wild man in bed?” I joked. Then I got back to the issue. “That’s the one thing she never wanted. Hell, her parents were so strict that made her want to be wild. Why would she want that now?”

“Think about it, J. Brian is the exact opposite of you. If you were trying to get over somebody you would go for someone the exact opposite of her. I think Leah cares for Brian, but she doesn’t love him.”

“Well she chose him over me again.”

“That’s cause you think sleeping with her is going to make her change her mind.”

“What are you talking about?” I feigned innocence.

“Man, I know how you are. Plus Sadie and I saw her going into you room last night.” He looked at me with slight disappointment.

“Yeah, well she left without a word to me.”

“Well I’m sure she’s not in the best place at the moment. She just cheated on the man she’s going to marry. Deep in her heart she knows she doesn’t love him.  Plus I bet her feelings for you are coming back.”

“What do I do?” I was at a loss for coming up with a solution. I wanted Leah to choose me over Brian.

“I don’t know man, but stop trying to get into her pants every time you’re with her. Show her that she’s more than a piece of ass. You got to let her know you care.” With that Howie jumped off the stage and left me there thinking about Leah.