- Text Size +

AJ’s Point of View

“Dad, can I please have my phone back, please?” Eden begged.

“In about two weeks.”

“What about my computer?” She moved onto the next thing.

“In two weeks.” I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes.

“Dad, this tour is sooo boring. I have nothing to do.” She complained as she placed her chin on the table. I thought it was funny.

“You could read those novels for school.”

“Dad, I’ve already read them. How many days til we go back to L.A.?”

“We have three more shows. What do you want to do in L.A.?” I asked my daughter. That way as least I had some ideas to keep her occupied and happy.

“I want to go to Disneyland, Sea World, Knot’s Berry Farm, and Universal Studios. I want to shop at Rodeo Drive and go surfing.” She rattled off. At least was excited about spending the rest of the summer with me. I would ride every roller coaster if it made her happy.

“Are you trying to make me sick with all those rides?” I teased by pulling her ponytail.

“Well duh! The sicker you get the more I enjoy it.” She laughed. “Please don’t mess up my hair. I spent like ten minutes on it.”

“You are so you mom. She would always complain about me touching her hair.” I reminisced.

“Dad, did mom seem weird when she left yesterday?” Eden asked me.

“I don’t know. What makes you think that?” I asked curiously. Eden was perceptive about a lot of things. It didn’t surprise me that she would notice her mom acting weird.

“It just seemed like she was in a hurry to get the hell out of here. She just seemed frazzled.”

“I’m sure it’s just the stress of the charity ball. It’s coming up soon and she has a lot of responsibility.” I attempted to reassure my daughter that things were okay with her mom. She didn’t need involved in adult drama.

“Dad.” She tilted her head and gave me the duh look. She was so much like Leah it scared me at times. “Mom is never frazzled. She always has everything in control. Something is up. I could tell by the looks her and Nick were sharing. Plus something seems off with her and Brian.”

“What are you talking about? Nick and your mom get along.” My daughter was a wealth of information and I loved it. I hoped that I could get some answers from her.

“When she was getting ready to leave Nick whispered something in her ear. Mom looked pissed at whatever he had to say. That’s why it’s weird because I never see them together the whole time she was here.”

“Sweetheart, I don’t what is going on, but I think your mom will be ok. Here, take my phone and call her. I’m sure she would love to hear from you.” I gave her my cell and was on my way to find Nick.

After about five minutes of searching for the blond wonder, I found him sitting dressing room playing on his laptop. I walked in grabbed his computer and placed it on the coffee table.

“What the hell did you do that for?” Nick looked pissed at me but I didn’t care. I sat down on the table in front of him.

“What the fuck did you do to piss off Leah?”

“What are you talking about?” Nick could play dumb, but I knew something happened.

“You know what the fuck I’m talking about. Eden noticed something up between the two of you.” I kicked his foot. “You better tell me what’s going on.”

“Personally, it’s none of your god damn fucking business. It was a private conversation between Leah and me. If you are so concern you need to as her.” Nick sat up straighter on the couch. I could see the anger flash in his eyes. I guess I was pissing him off.

“Like she’s going to tell me anything. I want to know what happened.”

“Why do you care so much about Leah? She’s better off without you.  Let her and Brian be happy.” He snarled at me.

“I get it now. This is about Leah and Brian.” I laughed in his face. “You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.”

“No, you’re the one kidding yourself.” He sneered at me. I was ready to beat the shit out of him, but I reminded myself that my daughter was on the tour. She didn’t need to see my acting that way.

“What the hell are you fucking talking about?”

“I know you seduced Leah. Believe me I heard you screaming each other’s names all night.” Nick got into my face. “You have the balls to sleep with your friend’s fiancé. That is disgusting and wrong.”

“Oh like you have room to talk Nickolas Fucking Gene God’s Gift to Women Carter. It’s not like you haven’t had a taste of Leah.”  Nick stepped back after my comment. He flopped down on the couch glaring at me the whole time. “Don’t you dare fucking deny it.”

“Yes, I slept with Leah.” He wasn’t going to deny it, but it wasn’t the whole truth. Nick was such a bastard.

“And while she was still with me, you fucking a-hole. I may not have said anything to you then, but I hate the fact that you drove her away from me.” I sat back down. All the feelings I held inside were coming out.

“Don’t blame me for that. You’re drinking and drugs did that. You are responsible for that.”

“That might be the case, but I didn’t start the drugs until I caught you fucking her right under my nose. At the time it was the only way I could forget about my pain.” I was ready to burst. I was angry. I was sad. I was hurting. “What you didn’t know asswipe was that I was going to propose to her. Then I caught you fucking her and I couldn’t give her the ring knowing she had been unfaithful to me.”

“I’m not the only one to blame. It takes two people to have sex. She could have said no.” God damn Nick always had to think he was innocent. What a fucking moron he was.

“No kidding. Regardless of the current situation, you have no right to say anything to Leah, Brian, Eden, or anyone else. You are a hypocrite.”

“Go to Hell J. I told her she’d be better off than being with a fuckup like you. Brian is good for her and Eden. You don’t need to come in a mess it up.” He said bitterly.

“It’s not your place to get involved.” I got up and started pacing.

“I don’t want to see Brian and Leah get hurt. They are good for each other. She has until the ball to come clean to him about screwing your skinny ass or I’ll give Rok the news.” He grabbed his laptop and left the room.

Why did Nick have to fuck everything up? How was I going to get Leah back before then? The ball was less than a month away. As always my luck was shit.