- Text Size +

Leah’s Point of View

The day of the ball had finally arrived. I was excited even though I would spend more time working than actually enjoying the moment. This morning I took Eden to get her hair and nails done. This was a luxury for her because she only got her nails done for special occasions.

Eden looked absolutely beautiful all dolled up. Her long dark locks were curled and half were pulled up. She was wearing a baby pink strapless satin ball gown with exquisite spangle work with a fluffy skirt that was scattered with spangles. Eden looked like a princess.

I quickly finished getting ready. I was wearing a red strapless satin gown with beading from the bust to the waist. It had a hugging silhouette and a thigh high front slit. It was all me because I was not the type of woman to wear a poufy dress.

I walked into the living room where everyone was waiting for me and Eden.  I heard a low whistle as I walked over to greet everyone.

“Oh baby, you look absolutely stunning.” Brian walked over to me and placed a kiss on my cheek.  Then he whispered. “I wish I could undress you and make love to you right now.”

God, he was turning me on. It had been a few weeks since we had sex. I was ready to forget about the ball, but since I was in charge we would have to wait until later.

At that moment Eden glided into the living room. She was so excited, but she was being somewhat shy. It was her first real gown. Eden wasn’t my little girl anymore. She was growing up.

AJ walked over to her. “Sweetheart, you are so beautiful.” She blushed. Then everyone started to give her compliments. The girl was on cloud nine.

“The limo is here, so we need to get going.” I announced, not wanting to be late.

--------------------------

“Good evening and welcome to the fifth annual Piedmont Hospital Charity Ball. On behalf of the hospital we a grateful for the donors and their gifts, without their support we would truly not be able to give the great medical care we give. I hope that you enjoy this special evening. We will be starting with dinner in just a few moments. Afterwards we have special performance from a group of men that are near and dear to my heart, the Backstreet Boys. That will be followed by dancing until the wee hours of the night. Once, again thank you for attending and have a fantastic night.” I stepped away from the microphone to the sound of applause.

Swiftly I made my way to the table. I realized that I was stuck sitting between Brian and AJ. Was someone trying to play a cruel joke on me?  Everyone at my table was busy talking that they didn’t even notice that I was back. My table was filled with the Littrell’s and McLean’s. Nick and Howie were at the next table.

“You did an excellent job on your speech, baby.” Brian gave me a quick peck on the lips. He was being very touchy feely with me tonight. I don’t know if he meant it or was putting on a show for everyone.

To say the dinner was uneventful would be a lie, but no one but me knew what was going on. AJ had conveniently decided his hand should be attached to my bare thigh that was showing because of my slit. I can’t lie and say it didn’t feel good because he had me feeling hot. On the other side of me Brian was whispering in my ear every few minutes what he wanted to do to me with me when we got home. My body was reacting to both men. I could feel myself getting warm in places I couldn’t talk about with the company at my table. If they only knew what was going on. I was glad I was able to keep a straight face.

When dessert was almost over, my boss Michael Sinclair came over to the table. “Leah, you’ve done a wonderful job again this year. Everything is running smoothly. We’ll be ready in about fifteen minutes for the guys to perform.”

“Sounds good. I’ll round them up and send them warm up.”

“Brian, I just want to tell you how lucky you are to being marry this woman. She’s the best. You make a lovely couple.”  AJ was watching and rolled his eyes. I knew he hated hearing anything about my relationship with Brian.

“Thank you. She’s a gem.” He wrapped his arms around my waist.

“AJ do you want to get Nick and Howie and meet us in the room next door?”

“Sure.”

Brian and I made our way to the other room. Figuring we had a few minutes to spare, I pushed him against the wall.  My lips devoured his. I was so horny I would have taken him there if I could. His hands were on my ass and mine were in his hair.

“Lee, what was that for?” He said breathlessly.  I smiled at him.

“Because I love you and I’m very, very horny. I can’t wait to go home and have my way with you.” I sucked on his bottom lip for a few seconds. “It’s been so long and I want you bad. I can’t believe that way you were talking to me at dinner.”

“Oh God Leah.” He moaned.

“Get a room. This is no place to be getting it on.” Nick teased as he entered the room. AJ refused to look at us. I couldn’t blame him.

I backed away from Brian. “I’m sorry you’re not getting any Nick, but you can’t ruin it for everyone else.” I retorted with a smile.

“I’m willing if you are, sexy. We can get a room after our set is over.” He smirked at me. Damn Nick was hot, and he knew it.

“As much as I would love to, Nickers, I have plans to make love to a real man.” I smiled and walked away.

While the boys warmed up, I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. I need to cool myself off or I wouldn’t last the rest of the night.

“What’s going on with you and AJ?” Sadie, Howie’s wife asked.

“What do you mean?” I wasn’t sure what she was getting at. There were so many things between us. I needed her to clarify.

“At dinner. He practically had his hand on your unmentionables and you didn’t do anything.”

“Oh that.” I replied. I had no answer that I wanted to give her. Well, I would like to tell to leave me the fuck alone, but I was at work so I had to be polite. “His hands weren’t that close. It’s really none of your business.”

“Leah, you’re playing with fire. I know we aren’t best friends, but I care about you. You’re getting married soon, but you have something going on with AJ. It’s not healthy. Someone is going to get hurt in the long run. Most likely it’s going to be you. Can you live with yourself?”

Sadie had no right to say anything to me. She hardly knew about my past with AJ. If I wanted to be a bitch I could certainly mention her liaisons with Howie before they became a couple, but I was going to be the better person.

“Sadie this is not the time or place. Regardless of what you thought you saw, I’m one hundred percent in love with Brian.” With that I stepped out of the bathroom and made my way to the stage.