- Text Size +

Leah’s Point of View

The weekend had been wonderful. We spent the weekend at the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca-Cola. It was nice spending time as a family. Not to be mushy, but this was something I always dreamed about.

I walked outside where AJ and Eden were sitting at the table. They were enthralled in a conversation about music. It made me happy to see them getting along. The smiles on both of their faces made me grin.

My wish was finally coming true. We were the family I had always wanted. It was hard to believe that it took fifteen years for it to happen. I had done a lot of stupid things to get where I was today. Each one made me stronger and pushed me to where I was today.

I took a seat next to AJ. I couldn’t stop smiling. AJ looked at me and took my hand. “What’s the big grin for?”

“For once everything is perfect in my life.” I paused, starting to wipe the tears that were escaping the corner of my eyes. “I have a wonderful man in my life, a beautiful and smart daughter, and a precious baby on the way. What more could I want?”

“Oh mom, you’re so mushy gushy.” Eden laughed. “But I love you. I love you dad, too.”

“Awww, we’re one big happy family.” AJ joined in on the love fest.

“Mom and dad, I want to apologize for the way I’ve been acting the past few weeks. I acted like a brat. My feelings were hurt because I was confused about everything. I still don’t understand it all, but I’m going to leave it to you grown-ups.”  Eden’s apology was sincere.

“I appreciate that, sweetheart. You’re young and need to have teenager fun. There’s no need to worry about grown-up drama. You’ll have plenty of time for that.” I walked over and gave her a hug.

“Someday you’re going to grow up and fall in love, and then you will cause some drama of your own.” AJ teased his daughter.

“Nah, I’m too smart for drama. I plan on being with one guy my whole life. I hate drama. I’d rather end up alone then deal with dramatics.” Eden replied honestly. I couldn’t believe how mature my daughter was getting. She was growing up right before my eyes.

“When did you become so wise?” I asked curiously as I sat back down.

“It’s from talking to Nick. We have deep conversations.” She smiled and her eyes twinkled. She definitely was crushing.

“Nick? Deep conversations? Are you talking about the same guy I’ve known forever?” AJ inquired in shock.

“Yes, dad.” She rolled her eyes. “Nick is smarter than you give him credit for.” AJ started laughing as Eden’s cell phone rang.  She looked at the number and ran into the house.

“It must be Nick.” I moved to AJ’s lap and placed a kiss on lips. “But now we’re all alone.”

“Mmmm baby, I like that word alone. I’d want to make love to you right now.” His hands slid down my thighs.

“I don’t think the neighbors would enjoy the view.” I nuzzled against him. “Do you remember that one time on the balcony during the Millennium tour?”

AJ continued rubbing the inside of my thigh close to my womanhood. I wanted to be naughty, but it was too early in the day. Instead we sat there cuddling.

“Leah, I love you.” AJ kissed my head.

“I love you, Alexander McLean.” Life was pretty close to perfect. I was happy and couldn’t wait to see what would happen next.



THE END