- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sooo glad I saved my story at my office computer.... :)
Nick was getting bored strolling around the amusement park. He would have stayed in the hotel room and slept the entire day, or better yet cuddle with his girlfriend, Lauren. It was Brian’s idea to go and check out the small amusement park, though Nick thought it was Baylee’s idea, just look at the boy’s huge smile.

Nick’s attention was caught by small show, a man wearing a colorful vest was aiming at the apple on top of a woman’s head using bows and arrow. A small crowd watching were clapping their hands enthusiastically everytime the man cut the apple in two. He was happy that finally, he saw something interesting.

“Dude, look at that shit.” Nick pointed at the show that was a few meters away from them.

“Pretty amazing, huh?” AJ replied with a smile

“Not really, it’s interesting but not amazing.” Nick shrugged his shoulder “They might be doing some sort of cheating, you know, just what like people do in magic shows.”

“I don’t think so, you want to find that out yourself?” AJ was grinning and his eyes were saying he was up for something stupid.

“What the hell do you mean?”

“Try it out yourself,” AJ walked to the man with colorful vest and whispered “Do you entertain volunteers?”

“What the fuck, AJ?” Nick whined when he heard his friend’s question.

AJ’s face lit up when the man in the colorful vest nodded. “Wanna try it, brave man?”

“No fucking way, Alex!”

“I knew you’d be scared.” AJ teased him as he was making chicken sound and dancing.

“Fine! For how much? I ain’t gonna do this shit for nothing.”

“Considering it’s a little dangerous,” AJ put his right hand on his chin and pretended he was deeply thinking “Five hundred bucks?”

“Fuck you! Bring it on.”

“Come on, you guys, the bravest man I know will have something for us.” AJ yelled at the rest of the group.

“Now I am scared to ask what’s going on.” Howie said

AJ was grinning when he told the group about the bet they had but none of them seems to find the bet funny.

“I told you to stop doing those stupid bet of yours.” Brian said before turning to Leighanne “Baby, you might want to take Baylee to those games over there while I try to put some sense into these guys mind.”

“Good luck with those two.” That was all Leighanne could say before grabbing Baylee in the arm and led him to the games area

“James would love to be with Baylee at this moment.” Leigh quickly grab her son from Howie and followed Leighanne

“Drama Queens.” Nick rolled his eyes while looking at Leighanne and Leigh walked away from them.

“Is this actually safe?” Brian asked the man in the colorful vest.

“He just have to be perfectly still while I’m aiming the shot.”

“See? No worries, I know how to be perfectly still. And that’s five hundred bucks, dude.” Nick smiled at AJ.

“I don’t think this is a good idea, though.” AJ said with a small smile, suddenly he became nervous when he realize Nick was up for it.

“Don’t you dare back out on me.” Nick pointed his finger on AJ.

“Nickolas, I just heard what you are about to do. Have you lost your mind?” Lauren asked as soon as she arrived. She was at the rest room with Rochelle.

“Baby, no worries. I just have to be perfectly still for a couple of seconds then I will have five hundred bucks. Who would have thought this is my lucky day.” Nick pinched Lauren’s right cheek.

“I’ll just give you five hundred bucks, come on, let’s get the hell out of here.”

“Baby, I don’t want your five hundred bucks, I want AJ’s.” He smiled “I’ll take you shopping as soon as this is over. You know, we have to spend AJ’s money at once.”

“NICK!” Howie, Brian and AJ said in unison when Nick grabbed the apple from the man’s vest and walked towards the woman’s spot in front.

“Brian, take a picture and upload it in twitter.” Nick said while putting the apple on his head.

“Why me? No!”

“I’ll do it.” Howie said while pulling up his phone from his pocket. He took one picture and started uploading it in twitter.

Look how stupid @nickcarter could be……

“Your caption must be interesting and not stupid, Howard. And tell them I love them all.”

“What? Why would I say that? Get this over with, and tweet that yourself.”

“I’m ready when you are.” Nick informed the man in colorful vest

“Be perfectly still, don’t do anything that will make me lose my focus.” He simply answered

“You got it.” Nick smiled as he prepared for his position.

“NICK CARTER!!!!”

A group of young girls spotted the backstreet boys in the amusement park, and lose their cool when they saw Nick. They screamed his name as loud as they could when they saw him.

And Nick, who got pretty excited to hear some fans calling his name and completely forgot he has to be perfectly still, shifted his head to the right to look at the girls and wave at them.

The man in the colorful vest was about to release his shot when he saw Nick shifted his head to the right. He started to panicked. And the next thing he know the arrow landed on Nick’s ear and went inside.

“What the fuck?” was Nick’s last words before he collapsed in the ground.

Brian, Howie, AJ, Rochelle and Lauren looked down on Nick’s lifeless body. None of them knew why he died immediately.

A vein that pop, maybe?
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading it, it's not as creative as the others but I am just happy to be able to contribute something here. And again, English is not my native language so please pardon the mistakes. :)