- Text Size +

Blue Skies. Blue Ocean. A gentle breeze in the air.
"Just like the old days", thought Nick, as he steered his boat out into the open sea off the Florida Keys. Living in LA for a few years now, Nick missed his old hobby. On vacation after a big tour, he decided to fly off to Tampa and meet a few old buddies. Today, he felt he needed some time alone and rented out an old Sea-ray. This was his idea of alone time: just him and the ocean that he loved.

He had gone a long a way out into the deep sea, when he heard the boat's engines making weird noises. "Damn it! Not now!" he said to himself. And in a few moments, as he feared, the engines gave up. He played around with his wrench for a while, but to no avail. Exhausted, he went up to grab the mic on his radio, when he spotted another boat coming towards him. "Guess I'll be getting a ride home", he thought and waved out as the other boat pulled up beside him. He was pleasantly surprised to see a woman come out, she motioned him to climb aboard. "Need a lift?", she asked and Nick just smiled back.

She was in her late 30s, blonde, nothing strikingly beautiful about her, but Nick did find something strangely attractive about her. A woman out at sea just like him: could well have been his dream girl.

"You're Nick Carter, aren't you?", she asked peering closer at him. "Yes I am" he replied, "Wow, you've got a collection of knives and harpoons there", he continued, pointing to the open case kept in a corner. "Yes, fishing is my hobby", she replied, "You look exhausted, have a drink." She handed him a bottle of orange juice and moved up to start the boat. Nick gulped down some of it, and noticed her turning the boat back out to sea. He got up to ask her about it, but was overcome by a numbing sensation through his entire body and fell unconcsious. When he woke up, he found himself choking on some pungent liquid being forced down his throat. Gasping, he tried to fight his way free, but his hands were weak, he felt paralysed. He tried to shout out, but that liquid had caused some inflammation in his throat, choking his voice. He could barely let out a whisper. He saw the woman looking at him with a cold, emotionless stare. She reached back to drag her weapon-case. She first gagged his mouth with cloth, staring at his horrified eyes, and said "You rich people think you own the ocean. Do nothing but pollute it" Nick wanted to tell her he wasn't like that. He just wanted this nightmare to stop. His pleading eyes began to well up with tears.

"I'm teaching you all a lesson one by one. You're number 7", and Nick let out a muffled scream as he felt a searing pain in his abdomen. The harpoon left a deep gash, blood starting to pour out from the wound. She didn't pull it out. Instead, she twirled it around watching Nick scream and his body arch in agonising pain. After being satisfied with her game, she pulled the harpoon out, leaving a gaping wound, with blood flowing out. Reaching into her case, she pulled out a large knife, first playing with the blade, leaving cuts all over Nick's arms and chest. Then she stabbed him violently several times, puncturing his lungs, leaving him a bloody mess. Nick was fighting to keep his breath, noticing her getting up to torture him more. She brought out a rope to tie him up. As she went about this, the rope dragging across his wounds made his agony unbearable. She pushed him over to the side of the boat and raised him up against the edge.

She could read in his eyes that he was pleading for mercy. Pulling up a knife to his neck, she showed her first sign of emotion, a smirk as she whispered in his ear "I liked NSync more anyway", slashed his throat and pushed him into the water. Nick was helpess. Bleeding, drowning, he was seeing the end getting closer. Breathing his last in the very ocean he loved so much.

His worried family & friends had called in for help. The Coast Guard found his stranded boat, but no sign of Nick. A few days later, coastal authorities in the Bahamas reported a dead body found at the beach: male, Caucasian, early 30s. It didn't take too long for the body to be identified. The headlines flashed: "Backstreet Boy Nick Carter missing for 3 days, found dead at sea".