- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I gotta try again.... :)
Nick was humming his favorite song while getting dressed after taking a shower. Another show stopping concert was over an hour ago and he felt somewhat victorious because nothing has happened yet. What he actually meant was he hasn’t died yet and it was just hours away before the day ends. Finally, those fans would not be successful in killing him today and it might just break the chain.

He pulled out his cellphone to check the time. He still has five minutes to get to his tour bus. He walked faster than usual to get out of the arena but he was extra careful, checking things that might kill him. He smirked when he got out of the arena and saw his tour bus.

“There’s Nick Carter!”

“Nick!”

“Nick!”

Nick shook his head when he heard fans calling his name, they stayed for more than an hour to just wave him goodbye. He finally decided that they deserved some attention so he turned around to wave at them and blew them some kisses.

Holy shit! Not again.

Nick looked horrified when he saw a fan holding purple grapes. Just seeing that stupid fruit makes him wanna throw up. There was no way someone can kill him again with a purple grape. They had to be more creative he thought, so he ran as fast as he could away from the screaming fans. He didn’t saw Brian’s bus coming and the next thing he knew he was lying down in the ground and his hips was hurting like hell.

“Oh my God! Call 911!” Brian shouted when he stepped out of the bus “Shit, Nick, are you OK?”

“You tell me,” He answered full of sarcasm “I was hit by your freaking bus, Brian.”

“You came out of nowhere, you were running like a mad man.”

“Wait, I’m still alive? They’re not successful, after all.” He grinned

“What?” Brian asked confusion was written all over his face

“Fuck! What happened to Nick?” AJ came running from his own tour bus

“Does Howie already know?” Brian asked AJ but before AJ could answer he saw Howie walking towards them.

“Hang in there, Man, two minutes and the ambulance would be here.” Howie calmly said. Looking at Nick he knew there was no big damage, the guy was still grinning like he won the lottery or something.

The trip to the hospital was quick, Nick was already there in less than fifteen minutes. But he felt nervous again when he saw oxygen tanks.

I just have to stay away from those he thought.

“Oh my God! You’re Nick Carter.” The blonde nurse stopped and stared at him for a while.

“Damn right.”

“Nick Carter.” She whispered under her breath but loud enough for Nick to hear.

“What does the record says?” He answer irritated while pointing to the paper the nurse was holding.

“Nick Carter.” She answered after looking at the paper.

“I’ve been a fan since I was in sixth grade. I freaking love the Backstreet Boys.”

“I kinda figured that out the moment you speak.” He snapped

“I’m sorry. I just can’t believe Nick Carter, I mean you are in front of me.”

“And Nick Carter deserves some medical attention, don’t you have pain killers or something?”

“Oh, yes, right.” She stammered while looking at the tray beside Nick Carter’s bed. She threw sideway glances to Nick as she checked the syringes in the tray. She finally picked one of the syringes after looking at them for what seemed like an eternity.

“I’ll be putting this directly to your vein for faster effect.” She warmly explained.

“Whatever. Just do what you gotta do.”

Nick grabbed the Nurse’s hand after checking his watch “Are you sure that’s safe? You see, I have to stay alive for like thirty minutes and my nightmares would be over.”

“I don’t really understand what you’re saying, but yes this is safe. The doctor ordered to give this to you to take the pain away before he checks on you.”

“Ok. Go ahead.” He nodded

“I can’t believe this, I never thought I could touch your hands.”

Nick rolled his eyes when he heard that, he flinched when he felt the needle on his skin.

“There you go.” The nurse smiled sweetly

Nick opened his mouth to say thank you but he started feeling funny. He was having a hard time to breathe. His hand flew to his left chest, just where his heart was.

“Oh my God! What’s happening?” The blonde nurse looked scared “Help!”

“What did you do?” A dark haired nurse rushed to them.

“I just gave him what the doctor prescripted.”

“Did you used this one?” The dark haired nurse asked holding the syringe the blonde nurse used on Nick

“Yes.”

“This one’s empty, I told you to use the one in the left.” She pointed to the tray.

“Oh my God! I got distracted by his gorgeous face!”

They both looked at Nick Carter at the same time and saw him having trouble breathing but he still managed to say “I’ll look for you and kill you just like the others”

Then Nick Carter stopped breathing fifteen minutes before midnight. Needless to say, the fans won.