- Text Size +

Nick was starting to have second thoughts. He gulped as he looked at the jewelry in the glass case then looked over at AJ, “You sure this is a good idea?”

                AJ nodded and slapped his friend on the back, “Dude, it’s perfect, you’re not going to regret it, I swear!”

                Nick sighed and finally pointed to a simple piece, “That one.” He felt a cold sweat break out on his brow as the jewelery was removed and the guy tell him to follow him.

                Nick walked to a private room, glad AJ was standing outside the door for support before dropping trou. The guy sat in front of Nick with a marker and drew a dot, “How does that look?”

                Nick turned towards a mirror and nodded, “Uh, yeah, fine I guess,” he muttered. Had he seriously let AJ convince him to get a Prince Albert? He followed the piercer’s instructions and lay down on the table, breathing deep and closing his eyes. He let out a howl of pain and heard AJ laughing on the other side of the door. “Asshole! I’m going to kill you!” Nick screamed, feeling the piercer tighten the ball. He only half paid attention to the care instructions he was being told and took the piece of paper being told he could get dressed again.

                Nick walked slowly out of the room and pointed at AJ. “Dead man walking,” he muttered, trying to catch up to his friend.

                “You’ll have to catch me first!” AJ laughed, jumping out of Nick’s reach. AJ smirked as Nick paid for the piercing and led his friend back out to the car. “Just remember, you’re the one who asked me about it… I didn’t put you up to this at all.”

                “Bull shit! All I’ve heard from you this last week is ‘When are you getting it done?’” Nick said, trying to sit comfortably, but having to readjust periodically. “How’s yours?”

                “What do you mean how’s mine? I’ve never had it done before,” Aj said, glancing quickly at his friend.

                “You said it didn’t hurt!” Nick said, glaring at his friend.

                “Well everyone I talked to said it didn’t hurt…”

*****

                A week later, Nick lay in bed, sweat dripping off his forehead. His Johnson was throbbing and everytime he looked at it, it just got worse. There was yellow stuff oozing from the piercing, and it was red and swollen.

                He finally called AJ, hoping not to sound gay.

                “Word,” AJ answered.

                “Something’s wrong, I need you to come look at it…” Nick groaned, clenching his teeth against the pain.

                “Go see a doctor, I’m not looking at your Johnson!” AJ said and hung up.

                Nick groaned, glancing down again. He didn’t want to see a doctor because then TMZ would hear about it and report on his stupid move. He decided to just wash it again and tough it out.

                In the bathroom, Nick was trying as best he could to clean it when he felt light headed from the pain. He carefully climbed out of the shower and reached for his phone, giving in and calling 911. The pain was overwhelming, however, and he passed out on the bathroom floor.

                The 911 operator didn’t hear anything, even after repeatedly asking what the emergency was, so dispatched police to the address the phone was registered to. Usually by now, the operator was able to get ahold of whoever called and would tell the cops nothing was wrong, but the operator hadn’t done that yet, so they broke down the door, looking through the house to find who made the call.

                It took them nearly ten minutes to find Nick, and when they did, the found an oozing mess on the floor- a mixture of blood and puss flowing easily from the infected piercing.

                One cop threw up in the sink, the other cop called for an ambulance. In the thirty minutes it took for Nick to get to the hospital, he lost so much blood he was nearly as white as a sheet of paper.

                The doctor at the hospital who was the lucky one to get Nick took a looka t him and decided the only thing he could do was amputate to save the poor guy’s life.

                The surgery should have been routine, however thanks to the loss of blood and the unusual infection, there was nothing routine about this one in particular.

                As the doctor made the first incision, blood began to flow and Nick flatlined almost immediately.

                The doctors and nurses did everything they could, but alas, nothing could bring the Backstreet Boy back to life.

                No one had ever heard of someone ACTUALLY dying from an infected piercing… Until today.