- Text Size +

Nick took the stage, looking at the crowd. He stood there, enjoying the screams, waving at a girl with a “I want Nick’s baby!” sign, giving the thumbs up to another girl with a “Future Mrs. Carter” shirt. He would never get sick of the adoration, and that’s why he was still in this after 18 years.

                Fireworks went off behind them, introducing the next song. As the boys started down the stairs to get into position for their choreography, Nick couldn’t help but notice how the screams of adoration changed into screams of fear. He looked behind  him and noticed one of the curtains was on fire. The fireworks must have been set too close, and now the stage was quickly being consumed.

                “We’re gonna die!” Nick screamed as he tried to tell everyone to run for their lives.

                The fire quickly consumed the stage, taking all the Backstreet Boys with it. A few fans died in the flames, as well, but more died in the stampede out of the arena.

 

*****

                Nick took the stage, looking at the crowd. He stood there, enjoying the screams, waving at a girl with a “I want Nick’s baby!” sign, giving the thumbs up to another girl with a “Future Mrs. Carter” shirt. He would never get sick of the adoration, and that’s why he was still in this after 18 years.

                He blinked, thinking all this felt really familiar. He leaned over and told AJ, “Something’s wrong man… I just know it…”

                AJ patted his back and shook his head no, “You’ve been doin this for far too long to have stage fright now, my friend…” he laughed and posed for a photo.

                Nick shook his head no and heard the boom of the fireworks.

                “We’re going to die!” he yelled into his mic. “No! Seriously!!! This stage is going to catch on fire and we’re all going to die!!!!” he screamed. “RUN!!! SAVE YOURSELF!”

                The rest of the boys looked at him like he had grown horns and stood watching him as he convinced everyone to run for their lives away from a stage that was not, in fact, on fire.

                Nick jumped from the stage to try and get out as well. He managed to sneak past a good number of the girls before tripping over a chair and falling to the ground. The girls around him ignored his screams of pain as they all rushed to save themselves from the fire that was not actually there.

                By the time the police were able to control the crowd, it was too late for our dear Mr. Carter.

Chapter End Notes:

This is what happens when you fall asleep watching Final Destination 3 nights in a row...