- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
He's baaaaaack...
Kill #19 – Happy Deathday!

It started off with a tweet.

@SadPanda – I’m turning 43 soon! FML! Kill me now please @nickcarter!

How could he not take that seriously?

He smirked as he began to plot how to go about it. He knew what he wanted to do, satisfy the fans. And if that happens to coincide for his own ever-growing thirst for blood, well, that was all the more rewarding. He was already following this fan that seemed to beg for death, so it wouldn’t be all that difficult would it? He would visit her before he and the others went overseas to London. Nick smirked, and then he could start killing the British fans. That would be different.

He direct messaged her on Twitter immediately.

It can’t be that bad, but how about I stop by there for a little birthday treat before I leave the states?

It was only two minutes before he got the reply, with the address and everything. That was the convenience of being verified on Twitter. She knew it was him. So he didn’t need to deal with any of that “prove it to me” like he would if they were still using AOL or something. Thank God for technology!

@SadPanda – OMG Nick Carter messaged me! I think it’s because I'm better than Lauren.

Nick laughed as words from a famous villain came to mind – All too easy.

It wasn’t too difficult to set everything else in motion. A few phone calls, an airplane ticket, a few favors called in. He didn’t have to explain why. Nick loved that about him. He was Nick Carter, and although his fame wasn’t what it used to be, he still had enough influence to get what he wanted without even the hint of questions. Sometimes, it was good to be him.

A day and some hours later had him waiting in a house in Vermont. It was a lot to go through to kill just another fan, sure. But he wasn’t on tour anymore. Now, he had to work just a little longer, just a little harder. But in the end, it would be worth it. Nick grinned; he had to start getting more creative with this. He still hadn’t topped those amazing muffins he’d made so long ago.

Happy Birthday to you… Happy Birthday dear Caty, Happy Birthday to you!

That was his cue!

He burst out of the cake he remained hidden in while the singing was going on. It took a few favors to make that one happen, but in the end it did. The result was perfect. The fan before him couldn’t look any happier; a bright shiny tiara adored the top of her head, full of dark brown hair. Her mother and friends, who looked kind of like mindless zombies, stood behind her. The benefit was knowing these were fans too. But this kill was for Caty alone, she was the one who would count as another notch on his kill ration. He smirked as he leaned in and whispered in her ear.

“Light the candles baby, I’ve got one more surprise for you, let me go get it.”

Nick chanced a glance behind him and confirmed she was doing as he told her. He quickened his pace. Once out of the house he started running ahead at full speed. It was good that he’d gotten in such great shape. If he hadn’t, well, he’d risk killing himself. Sure, he knew he’d probably come back again, but the entire point of this was that he was sick of dying. It’d been awhile since the last time, but on twitter, he saw talk of it starting up again.

Damn that Rose, for setting this shit into motion.

One he got a safe enough distance, he looked at his watch. It wouldn't be long now.

Five…

Four…

Three…

Two…

One…


KABOOM!

The earth shook with the window shattering explosion. He could hear glass breaking in the houses surrounding the site. Flames shot high into the air, a cloud of smoke filling the immediate area. Nick began humming as he strolled casually away. He’d seen enough carnage. Who knew that there were sticks of dynamite small enough to pass as birthday candles? He really had to thank Google for that tidbit.

“Happy deathday to number nineteen…happy deathday to you…and many moooore…”