- Text Size +
I scanned the room looking for Howie or Skye, they left me to deal with the fans alone. I love the fans but come on, I was dead tired and I could use some help from Howie. I felt anger rush through my body when I saw Skye flirting with some guys in the bar counter. I went up to her, grabbed her arm and dragged her away from those guys.

“What the hell, Nick? Let go of my arm.”

“Aren’t you here to work? I believe getting drunk and flirting with guys are not part of your job.” I shot her a deadly stare before I let go of her arm.

“Wow. Technically, my job is done the moment I booked this place. I was actually nice enough to accompany you guys here and make sure everything was fine. And for your information Mr. Carter, I wasn’t flirting with those guys, just having a decent conversation. Plus you know me, two shots wouldn’t get me drunk.” She folded her arms and gave me a silly smile.

“I promised your brother that I will not give you a hard time, and I intend to keep my promise.”

“Well, that’s good. That’s very considerate of you, Nick. Thank you.” She answered full of sarcasm.

“Just don’t do anything stupid that will ruin my name, Skye. I’ll be closely watching you.”

“Excuse me?” She said laughing

“You know what I mean. I just don’t like my wife flirting with other guys while I’m around.” I was surprised I said that. Was I drunk?

“Oh, Nick,” She was trying so hard to contain her laughter “I never used Carter even for a second, and have you forgotten no one knows we were married? So if ever I fool around people would say AJ’s sister is a slut, not Nick’s wife. Get it?”

I looked at her, and it felt like I was staring at a different woman. She has changed so much, and I felt like I didn’t know her anymore. She was a happy Mrs. Carter six and half years ago.

“Which reminds me, haven’t your lawyer called you yet? He should have received the documents today.” She smirked “I’m filing for divorce, Nick. I think it’s about time.”

I was stunned by her revelation. I honestly never thought she’d file for divorce. She remained silent for six freaking years. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and angrily dialed my lawyer’s number. I didn’t care if it was almost midnight.



When I yelled at Lauren to leave me alone, and she went to Howie’s tour bus with tears in her eyes; I expected Howie to come out of his tour bus and gave me lecture on how to treat a woman right. Or it could be AJ, he’d probably give me cigarette to cool me down and he would force me to go after Lauren and apologize. But I never expected Brian, no not my ex-best friend, to come out of his tour bus and leave his family just to talk to me.

“What’s up, Nick? You looked like your dog had just died.” He said in a comforting voice, the way he used to ask me when I had problems back then.

At that very moment I felt like my best friend came back, and I could tell him everything that bothered me. I looked how sincere he was in his eyes.

“She asked for divorce, man. I anticipated this to happen for the last six years, and I didn’t expect it would hurt like hell.”

“What? Who?” Confusion was written all over Brian’s face, which was very understandable.

“Skye.” I simply answered

“Nick,” Brian paused for a moment, it was obvious that he didn’t know what to say or ask.

I decided to make it easy for him “Skye and I got married in Vegas when we were celebrating AJ’s 26th birthday. We didn’t tell anyone because we were planning about the Never Gone album and tour, and me getting married was not a good publicity.”

“Does AJ know?”

I shook my head “We were planning to tell everyone, and we decided to tell you guys on our first anniversary. Hell, we even planned to throw a big party for everyone and recite our vows again in front of family and friends. But the whole Paris drama thing happened, and she ran away from me. She kept quiet for six years but now she filed for divorce.”

“And you’re hurting?” Brian asked in an unsure voice.

“I don’t know. I’m not sure.”

“But you broke up six years ago, and you’re already happy with Lauren, aren’t you?”

“Then why didn’t she filed for divorce the moment she ran away from me? It doesn’t make sense, Brian.”

“Nick, you can keep getting married a secret but not having a divorce. She probably didn’t want to cause a scene, and she was waiting for you to do it. Maybe she’s planning to get married again that’s why she filed for divorce now.”

The thought of Skye getting married again hurt me even more.

“Nick, you have to personally tell AJ. He has to know, and of course the rest of the band and the management. This rumor would easily leak to the public, you have to do something tonight or tomorrow morning.”

“Thanks, Man.”

“Do you want me to be there when you tell AJ?”

“I think I could manage.”

“Good luck and good night, man. You better pick up your girlfriend now so the Doroughs could get some sleep.” Brian sheepishly grinned.

I nodded and made my way to the Howie’s tour bus.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! :) If you have time please check out my other story "The Other Side of Nick Carter" :)