- Text Size +

                                             Chapter 15

 

 

            “Just wait there.” AJ said to her as they walked into the hotel room.

 

“I can walk to the bed Alex.” Chelsea lightly laughed as she started to make her way over.  “You’re cute when you worry.” She smiled as she sat down on the edge and shifted up to her pillows.

 

“Well then I must have been adorable this morning.” He mumbled as he sat his stuff down.  “These migraines aren’t going away Chels and they’re becoming more random which is starting to scare me because you could be anywhere and have one hit, or have something like this morning happen and no one will be there.” He told her as he walked over to the bed.

 

“They can’t find anything.” She replied as he laid on his side beside her.

 

“And that’s another thing that terrifies me…why can’t they find anything? Obviously something is happening so, what the hell is going on?”

 

“I know it’s scary I’m the one that goes through them and maybe they are becoming more random and maybe they’re not going away but I’m having them far less then when I first started getting them.” She told him.  Chelsea tucked her arm under him and he slid in close beside her and burrowed his head between her neck and shoulder.  Her fingers glided through his hair as he played with her ring.

 

“So what is this I hear about Jerald almost hitting you?” She asked changing the subject.

 

“Almost, way to slow though.” AJ joked with her.

 

“So he did try and hit you.”

 

“Yeah but now he’s back to not talking and I’m ok, so don’t worry about it.” He told her as he looked up into her eyes.  “And besides, Anne approves, so screw them.”  She laughed at the look on his face, her hand gently drifted down his check.

 

“I never got a chance to tell you this morning how wonderful last night was.” Chelsea told him as he sat up on his side.  “Even though I can’t really tell everyone how you asked me.” She smiled with a smirk on her lips.  “I like that.”

 

“You do?” He asked.

 

“Yeah,” She nodded.  “Kind of like when we were younger and the secret we kept.”  AJ lightly smiled at her and leaned down tenderly kissing her.  “What do you think your Mom will say?”

 

“She’s ecstatic.” AJ smiled.  “Already told her, I knew there wouldn’t be any drama there since you’re her new best friend.”

 

“Well almost loosing someone we both love very much brought us closer.” She told him as her finger danced around his skullirose tattoo.

 

“What happened to Kevin?” AJ asked as he looked at her confused.

 

Chelsea rolled her eyes and gave him a light smack on the arm.  “Shut up.” She sighed and giggled at his joke.  Her laugh made him laugh glad to see her in a much more up beat mood since this morning.

 

There was a knock at the door and AJ crawled from the bed confused on who it could be.  He looked through the peep hole and saw Kevin and Kristin on the other side.  Opening the door he invited the couple in and then went back over to the bed.

 

“What’s up?” He asked as he sat down.

 

“Just came by to see how you’re doing.” Kevin said nodding to Chelsea.

 

“I’m better.” She lightly smiled at him.

 

“Are you hungry we could go grab something?” Kevin asked.

 

“No thanks, I’d just rather stay here and relax.” Chelsea told him.

 

“You should really eat something then.” AJ told her as he looked back at her.  “I can go downstairs and grab you something.”

 

“Sure as long as I don’t have to leave.” She told him.

 

“I’ll go with you.” Kevin said and the two left the room.  “So how is she really?” Kevin asked as they stood at the elevators.

 

“She’s fine Kev really; think she’s just pissed about Jerald and me.” AJ told him

 

“I can’t believe he went at you like that?”  Kevin replied shaking his head.

 

“I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.” AJ shrugged.

 

“So you asked her last night, where did you go after the party?” Kevin asked as they walked onto the elevator.

 

“Back to the hotel, we had a nice quiet night and I asked her.”

 

“How long you been planning this?” His band mate asked.

 

“A few weeks, went out and found a ring a couple of weeks ago, and decided I’d know when the time was right.” AJ told him as they headed to the first floor.

 

“And I guess that was last night?” Kevin said looking at him with a sly smile.  AJ nodded and Kevin knew he had something on his tongue but wasn’t saying anything.  “So how did you ask her? Were you in your room or down at the restaurant?” He asked.

 

“In our room.” AJ answered as the elevator stopped on the bottom floor

 

“And?” Kevin said wanting to know more as he followed AJ off.

 

“And it’s kind of private so we’re keeping it to ourselves.”

 

“Is that what your gonna tell your Mom when she asked?” Kevin said jokingly.

 

“Can’t really tell Mom either.” AJ said as they walked into the restaurant.

 

“You can’t?” Kevin replied a little befuddled look on his face.

 

“Like I said, it was private.” He told him as they stopped at the bar to order food.

 

“Now see that makes me want to know but the fact that it involves Chelsea, the woman who is like my sister? Yeah I don’t need to know now.” Kevin nodded.   “I’m glad it was special for her, after everything she’s had taken away she deserves you and you deserve her too.”

 

“She knows who I use to be so she understands what I have become.” AJ said as he looked at Kevin, his friend smiled at him.

 

“Well I’m happy for the two of you.” Kevin told him as he put his hand on AJ’s shoulder.  “I know you love her very much and you’ll take good care of her, you already do.”

 

“Thanks Kev, means a lot.” AJ smiled as he walked off the elevator.  “Just wish I could have talked to your Mom first, but I didn’t want to involve her, put her in that position and after the way Jerald acted I’m really glad I didn’t.”

 

“Honestly I’m glad too.” Kevin sighed.

 

 

“God Chelsea that ring is so pretty.” Kristin said as she looked at it again.  “It’s so not him.”

 

“What do you mean?” Chelsea asked with a laugh.

 

“I dunno when I thought about AJ asking you I always pictures this big huge ring, you should of seen the one he got Sarah Jo.” Kristin replied raising her eyebrows.

 

“He didn’t get that one for her.” Chelsea smiled and Kristin looked at her confused.  “The one he gave her, she thought it was too small, so they went back and that’s the one she picked out.”

 

“That does sound like something she would do.” Kristin replied.

 

“But I love mine, so I’m not changing it.” Chelsea smiled as she held out her hand.

 

“You would have been happy with a twist tie.” Kristin giggled.

 

“Ok, I’m not that bad.” Chelsea said rolling her eyes.

 

“So how did he ask you, where did he ask you?” Kristin inquired with slight excitement.

 

“Well I can’t say it’s private.” Chelsea replied.

 

“Private?” Kristin said confused. 

 

“Private.” Chelsea said eyeing her. 

 

“Oh” Kevin’s wife said raising an eyebrow.  “Interesting.” She nodded.  “Now I kind of wanna know.”

 

“Kris.” Chelsea said rolling her eyes.

 

“Please between AJ’s mouth and touring…” Kristin shot jokingly at her.  “Leave it to Alex to do an erotic proposal.”

 

“It wasn’t erotic.” Chelsea said quickly.  “It wasn’t like we were in the middle of it when he asked.” She rolled her eyes.  “It was after.” She added quickly.  “And I’m not saying anymore.”

 

“Fine” Kristin replied.  “Well Kevin and I will be there.”

 

“I hope so; I want you to be my maid of honor, I mean when ever it happens.” Chelsea told her.

 

“Really?” Kristin replied a little surprised.

 

“Well if I consider those three my brothers I certainly consider you my sister.” Chelsea told her. 

 

“Food’s here.” Kevin shouted into the room as him and AJ walked in.

 

The couple sat at the table eating and talking, they talked about what happen in the Bathroom that morning and what the doctors said in the hospital.  They didn’t talk about what happened in the waiting room or how the two men reacted to the news of AJ and Chelsea.  Kevin and Kristin stayed for a while longer after they ate and talked about what they would do tomorrow before Chelsea and AJ went home.  By the time the two left it was late in the evening later than Chelsea wanted to be up, it didn’t help that the pills she took knocked her out.

 

“Hey” AJ lovingly whispered kneeling beside the bed. She mumbled as he eyes opened.  Don’t you want to change first?”

 

“To tired.” She whimpered tiredly.

 

“Come on, I’ll help ya,” He replied as he stood up and went to her bag, she moaned as she began to take off her shirt and he sat down beside her handing her the PJ top. His finger slipped under her bra strap and he slowly pulled it down as his lips followed behind. 

 

“Alex.” She mumbled as she turned her head and looked at him.  “Doctor said at least two days.”

 

“I know.” He muttered back after his kisses left her back shoulder.  His fingers snapped and unclipped the back of her bra.  He helped her dress into the PJ tank top and bottoms and then changed himself as she slid under the covers.  By the time AJ had crawled into bed she was fast asleep, with only the night lamp on beside him AJ opened his journal.

 

 

October 4th 2008.

 

            It’s been a couple of days since I’ve written in here, I’ve been busy.  I asked Chelsea to marry me and she said yes.  I’m fucking dancing on the ceiling well I was until this morning.  She had another attack and this time she hit her head, knocked her out cold, she went to the hospital and everything, hopefully she’s fine now.  I hate them and every time she has one I hate them more.  I’m scared, really, really scared there’s something more too them. I’m trying not to dwell on it especially now that we’re engaged…wow engaged…I know there are people out there who think that word meant nothing to me by now or ever did but it did and it does. That’s why when it came down to it, the weddings didn’t happened.  It needs to work, I don’t want to end up like my Mom and Dad, I don’t want to become my Dad, I want a family, my family and I know with her it’ll happen.  Her reaction was priceless the way she shot up, never seen anyone sit up that fast. 

 

            So what lies ahead? Well the tour starts up again soon, Nurse will be there so if anything happens which I don’t think it will but if it does, there’s someone there, I think I’m ready to go again, and Chels is coming with too.  Then Christmas and more touring to make up for time loss, oh and I’m sure some wedding planning in between.  One thing I know, I’m going to find out what’s causing her these migraines, and I need to get her into some hard core specialist, if there’s any out there.  Till tomorrow, or whenever.

 

Alex.