- Text Size +

                                             Chapter 2

 

 

May 7th 2008

 

Another day another show. 

 

I’m here in Liverpool, England and it’s just about dinner time.  Then it’s off to the arena for the concert.  It’s just me and Chels tonight, figured I’d give her some alone time before Ma and the crew arrived, which looking at my watch should be soon.  Don’t get me wrong I’m glad Ma is coming, I miss her like crazy but I’m worried about how she’s going to be around Chelsea.  She’s made it clear she agrees with Jerald and Tim and in the past she’s always been very vocal in my relationships. Can I blame her? No, I mean I am her only kid so me  loving someone as much as her…I get how it can be hard to swallow.  But this is Chelsea.  I guess maybe it’s my fault, had I told her how I felt about her before, maybe she’d be more understanding now.  I just hope she keeps it too herself, if Chelsea thought she was ever a problem for the two of us….

 

“Alex?” Chelsea said and he looked up from his journal.

 

“Huh?” He replied confused.

 

“Dinner’s here.” She said with a light laugh, pointing to the door as she walked over towards it.

 

“Oh.” He nodded as he closed the book and off the bed.  He watched as the room servant brought in the cart with two silver platters sitting on top of it.  He moved the plates onto the table and then rolled the cart out of the room.  Aj walked over and tipped the man and then closed the door as the servant said thank you and left.

 

“So where did you go?” Chelsea asked as he turned around and walked over to the table.

 

“Go?” He asked as she set his plate of food down.  She nodded towards the bed and he looked seeing the journal sitting on top of the blankets.  “Oh, just thinking while I was writing.” He said with a light smile as he sat down.

 

“Do you write songs in it?” She asked as she sat down.

 

“No, just stuff that’s on my mind.” He replied with a shrug.  “Sometimes I write poems.”

 

“How long have you been writing in it?” She asked.

 

“Few years now on and off, that’s actually my third one.”

 

“Do you still have the others?” She asked before she took a bite of her chicken sandwich.

 

“Yeah at home.” He replied.  “We should get you one.” He said as the idea came to him.

 

“Yeah as if I wasn’t having a hard enough time convincing people I’m not 16 anymore.” She said rolling her eyes.

 

“Are you calling me a 16 year old girl?” Aj said jokingly too her.  She was about to reply when Aj’s cell phone went off.  Pulling his cell from his pocket he looked at the number and a smile etched across his face when he saw his Mom’s cell number.

 

“Hey Ma did you land?” He asked as Chelsea smiled returning her attention back to her sandwich.

 

“Yes, we did and we’re on our way up the elevator.” She replied.

 

“Oh you are?” He said as he looked up a little shocked.  “Ok well I’ll meet you outside the room.”

 

“Ok.” She said and then Aj said goodbye hanging up the phone.

 

“I take it they’re here.” Chelsea said as Aj put down his napkin and stood up from the table in a hurry.

 

“Yep.” He said as he walked quickly to the door and opened it.  “Said they were in the elevator.”  He replied as he looked out into the hallway.  Chelsea laughed at Aj’s excitement as she stood up and walked over to him. 

 

He waited for her to enter the hall and then he closed the door making sure he had his keycard in his pocket before he let it click closed.  Taking her hand in his they walked down the hall towards the elevator.  When they reached about half way the bell rung and they both looked at the doors at the end of the hall as they opened and Denise, Tony and Chris piled out of the lift.

 

“Mommy!” Aj said jokingly as he put his arms out and hugged his mom.  With a laugh she said hello and hugged him back.

 

“Hello Chelsea.” Denise said with a light smile.

 

“Hi.” Chelsea smiled back.

 

“How are you feeling today?” Aj’s Mom asked.

 

“Good.” Chelsea said with a nod.

 

“Oh noes the party crew arrived hid the booze!” Nick shouted as he walked down the hall.

 

“Carter.” Chris said with a nod.

 

“So let me show you to your guy’s room.” Aj said as he took his Mom’s bag and started walking down the hall.

 

“Someones excited.” Nick said as him and Chelsea followed behind everyone.

 

“Just a lil bit.” Chelsea said with a laugh.

 

“So.” Nick said as they stopped outside of Denise and Tony’s room.  “How much is Kevin paying you?”

 

“Huh?” Chelsea said confused.

 

“How much is Kevin paying you?” Nick asked again.

 

“He’s not.” Chelsea answered truthfully. 

 

“So you’re just calling my room at three in the morning for the hell of it?” Nick asked.

 

“No.” Chelsea said shaking her head.  “He’s buying my chicken wings when I get back.”

 

“Chicken wings? All it takes is chicken wings? Or we’re going to have fun.” Nick smiled.

 

“Whats this we? I’m on Kevin’s side.”

 

“Ah, but I can take you for Chicken wings now.” Nick said with a sly smile.  “There’s a place down the street great wings, if we go there I’ll buy you wings.”

 

“And..” Chelsea said waiting for the catch.

 

“And you stop calling me at three in the morning.” Nick said as she walked into the room.

 

“Deal.” Chelsea said with a nod as her and Nick stopped in the room.  Nick giggled as he rubbed his hands together proud that he had deflected her to his side, so he thought.

 

“Well I’ll let you guys get comfy and I’ll show Chris to his room.” Aj said to his Mom and Tony.  He gave them both quick hugs and then walked Chelsea, Nick, and Chris out of the room.

 

“Chicken wings, you..me..” Nick said pointing to Chelsea as he walked away.

 

“You’re walking a fine line my dear.” Aj said as he walked up to her. She laughed at him as he took his head and headed towards Chris’s room.  “Oh, can you do me a favour?” He asked her as he stopped dead in the hall and turned to her.

 

“What?” She asked a little confused.

 

“Grab that T shirt I got for Chris.” He said to her.

 

“Oh, ok.” She nodded and then headed towards their room.

 

“Aww thanks man.” Chris said with a smile.

 

“I just bought it so I would have something to distract her with.” Aj said as he rushed them into Chris’s room.  “Where is it?”

 

“Chill out, it’s in my bag.” Chris said as he walked into his hotel room.

 

“Well hurry before she gets back douche.” Aj said motioning for him to hurry.  Chris snickered and shook his head as he put his bag down on top of his bed.  He reached into it and moved his hand around searching for something. 

 

“Here” He said as he pulled his hand out of the bag.

 

Aj smiled when he saw the small square leather box in his friend’s hand.  He reached out and took it from him, quickly opening it up to reveal the silver ring inside of it.  Gently he took it between his fingers and pulled it from it’s resting place.

 

“Doesn’t look like much.” Chris commented as they both looked at it.  “Doesn’t really seem like something you would buy.”

 

“When you’re 16 with no money it is.” Aj said with a shrug as he looked on the inside of the band.

 

“Huh?” Chris said confused.

 

“It’s a replica of the one I got her when we were younger, but now instead of cheap silver it’s white gold.” Aj said as he turned the ring and read the inscription on the inside of the band.

 

“What does it say in there?” Chris asked.

 

“Just my name, I spent every last cent I had to get it engraved with my name, so that way I would be with her where ever she went, cause she said she always felt with me.” He said as he put the ring back into the box. 

 

“What do you think the Richardson’s will say?” Chris asked.

 

“Don’t see a reason why they should get upset, just replacing something she lost.” Aj shrugged as he tucked the box into his hoody pocket.

 

“You don’t think they might think it’s an engagement ring?” Chris asked.

 

“Pffft fuck that they better not, I hope they think I have more class to get her a better ring than this.” Aj scoffed.  Chris smiled a little and then lightly chuckled.

 

“Well man I need nap before the show, you’re leaving soon right?” Chris asked.

 

“Yeah, Chels and I are going down to the area for all the pre concert crap.” Aj sighed.

 

“Cool.” Chris nodded.

 

“Alright man, have a good one and see you at the show.” Aj said as he opened the hotel room door.

 

“Hey” Chelsea said as she almost slammed into him.

 

“Oh the shirt.” Aj said snapping his fingers.  Chelsea shot him a confused look as he took the shirt from her and went back into Chris’s room.  A minute later he came out and closed the door.

 

“Did he like it?” She asked.

 

“Like what?...oh the shirt, yeah he did.” Aj nodded quickly.

 

“You ok?” Chelsea said with a light laugh.

 

“Yeah, why?” He asked.

 

“You seem a little, I dunno preoccupied?” She said with a light shrug.

 

“Nope, I’m good.” Aj replied with a smile.  “Maybe going over things in my head, concert stuff.”

 

“Oh.” Chelsea said with a nod.  “I can’t believe how big you guys have gotten.” She said

 

“Should of seen it back in the late 90’s.” Aj said remembering. 

 

“I dunno if I wanna if it was crazier than this.” Chelsea said with a laugh.

 

“I’ll have to show you the video library.” Aj told her as he took her hand. “Anyways, let’s go finish eating and then head down to the venu.”