- Text Size +

                                             Chapter 7

 

 

            “He won’t kick your ass but I will.” He heard someone say.

 

            “Chels shhh he does it to us all the time.” Brian said and it came from above him.

 

“Hurry up and put it in his mouth before he wakes up.” Nick said and he heard him smack someone.

 

“To late douches.” Aj mumbled.

 

“Damn it Howie I told you to hurry up.” Nick said as he turned around and plopped down in his chair.  Then Aj saw a cookie go flying over him and smacked Nick in the back of the head.

 

“Nice shot D.” Aj said as he started laughing with Brian and Chelsea.

 

“Next time do it yourself.” Howie said from behind him.

 

“Where are we?” Aj asked as he looked at Chelsea.

 

“Over Scotland, they said we’re landing in about 15 minutes.” She told him.  “I was going to wake you but then the Stooges here got their own idea.”

 

“Nyuk Nyuk.” Brian said as he did the Curley finger wave over top of them.  Chelsea and Aj lightly chuckled as the stewardess came over the pa announcing they were starting to decline and land.

 

“Did Kevin say what time they were getting in?” He asked.

 

“Not till tonight.” She replied.  “When’s the golfing trip?”

 

“Tomorrow.” Aj said as he checked his watch.  “We’re doing the tourist thing today.” He smiled at her.  “Once we get to the hotel, chill out for a little bit, then we’ll head out.”

 

“Who’s all going?” She asked.

 

“Ma, Tony, Chris, maybe others don’t know.” He replied with a light shrug.

 

“Cool” She nodded.

 

“Unless you want to stay in because of the Kevin’s brothers, I’m ok with that.” He said as he took her hand.

 

“No, your Mom is looking forward to it and…”

 

AJ interrupted her.  “If you’re not feeling well, stay at the hotel, don’t push yourself, and Ma will understand.”

 

“Its fine really, I’m actually looking forward to it.” She said with a light smile.

 

When the plane landed AJ made sure they had gathered everything they brought on board and then exited the plane with everyone else.  There were a few fans at the Airport and like usual Chelsea stayed in the background, not noticing the chatting girls around her.  She watched as AJ and the guys stopped to take pictures and sign autographs and she couldn’t’ help but smile to herself as she watched him with his fans.  Remembering the conversations they had had over if the guys would ever got as big as New Kids, Kevin said they were at one point but that’s where the similarities ended.  She snickered at the thought of how mad Kevin got when she compared them to New Kids.

 

When they finally made it outside to the vans waiting for them, Chelsea looked around for AJ but couldn’t see him.  All the bodyguards were outside, all the guys were outside but as she looked around she noticed that Chris or Denise weren’t there either.

 

“Want me to put your bag in the back?” Nick asked as he reached for her strap.

 

“Sure.” She said to him still looking for AJ.  “Have you seen Alex?”

 

“Uh.” Nick said as he looked back to the airport doors.  “Probably talking to the fans.” He replied with a light smile, she smiled back as he took her bag and walked around behind the van.  When she looked back to the airport doors she saw AJ standing on the other side, talking, talking aggressively.   She could tell he was yelling by the movement of his arm and she became very confused. 

 

“Leave me the fuck alone!” She heard him shout as the door opened and she looked over to Nick to see if he had heard it.  If he did, he didn’t pay it any attention as he closed the trunk door to the van.  When she looked back she saw AJ heading towards her trying to light his cigarette.

 

“Is everything ok?” She asked as he walked up to her.

 

“It’s fine.” He said quickly as he took a drag.  “I’ll get in when I’m done this smoke.” He told her as he nodded to the van.  Looking over his shoulder she saw his Mom and Chris walk out of the Airport doors and over towards them.

 

“Was he yelling at them? At Chris or even his Mom?” She thought as she looked back at him.  He was mad she could tell, his lips tight even when he took a drag of the cigarette.  The way he blew the smoke out of his lungs and the way he would flick the ashes onto the ground.  With a confused look on her face she turned around and got into the van beside Nick.  She was lost in thought and not paying attention as Chris, Denise and Tony climbed into the back of the van. 

 

“Why is he so upset at me?” She heard Denise say behind her.

 

“So is AJ taking you guys to the Tea Room?” Nick asked and she wondered if he said it to distract from Denise comment.

 

“The what?” Chelsea asked unsure what it was.

 

“The Willow Tea Rooms.” Denise snapped sharply behind her.  “They were built by Kate Crantson and designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, a place where people could go and talk.”

 

“Without the drunk Scottish men bugging them.” Tony joked.  Chelsea lightly smiled and laughed as she looked away when AJ climbed in beside her and shut the van door.

 

Chelsea sat in the van, quiet, as Nick tried to keep conversation going between everyone but it was hard to do when three of them were being stone cold silent. She was wondering when this was going too happened.  She grew up with a single Mom too; she knew how over protective and dare she say how needy they could be, especially if they only had one child.  She wished this wouldn’t happen though. Hoping that Denise would see how much she needed her son.

 

Then there was Tim and Jerald coming tonight and she lightly sighed at the thought.  The fight that was going to happened, what they were going to say, what she would say word for word because it has been the same fight they’ve had with each other since she returned.  Maybe she should just stay at the hotel and relax.

 

“I got the key to our room.” AJ said and she looked up at him. She looked around and realized they were in the hotel lobby.

 

“Ok.” She said as she looked back to the entrance to see the van pulling away.

 

“My bag.” She said turning around.

 

“I got it.” AJ told her as he bent down and picked up both their bags.  “Didn’t you hear me at the van?” He asked.

 

“Oh yeah sorry.” She said lightly shaking her head.

 

AJ cocked his head a little looking at her, she looked a little confused, or lost maybe.  He was about to ask her if she was ok but Nick interrupted them.

 

“We’re all heading up.” He told them as he stopped in front of them.  AJ watched as Chelsea made her way to the elevators.

 

“Did Mom say anything to Chels when I was having a smoke?” AJ asked as he looked at Nick.

 

“No, but when Chelsea asked what the tea room was your Mom got kind of snotty.” Nick said with a light shrug.

 

“Damn it.” He sighed.

 

“Is everything ok?” Nick asked as he followed AJ to the elevators.  “I dunno if she picked up on the tone but she heard you yelling at the Airport I think.”

 

“Mom just being Mom, wants Chelsea to stay at the hotel, she says she hasn’t had any alone time with me.”

 

“You guys hung out the other day together.” Nick said.

 

“Yep.” AJ nodded. “And I want to take Chelsea out, she’s got the guys coming tonight and I want her to have a good time, take her mind off it.”  He said as they walked onto the elevator.

 

“Which room is ours?” Chelsea asked him and he realized she was standing beside him after everyone had bunched up.

 

“506..” AJ told her looking at the key card.  “Figure we’ll get some food and then head out.”  He said as they exited the elevator and headed down their hallway.

 

“Room service sounds nice, I’m starving.” She said with a light smile and he smiled back as he stopped at their door.  Sliding the card in he waited for it to beep and the light to go green and then turned the knob.  He walked into the room, dropped his bag, and then dropped himself onto the bed.

 

“I think I’m going to stay here instead of going out.” Chelsea said and he popped his head up.

 

“What?” He asked.

 

“I know you want me to go and get my mind off everything but I think if I just stay here, I’ll relax more.” She told him.

 

“Then we’ll stay here, I told you that was ok.” AJ said as he sat up on his arms.

 

“But I don’t want you cancelling your plans with your family, they’ve been looking forward to coming here..and..”

 

“And this is because of Mom.” AJ said and she looked at him.

 

“No” She said quickly.  “Maybe a little.” She said quietly.

 

“I knew this was going happen.” AJ sighed.  “I asked her to just wait it out but no, she’s gotta throw her fits and act like a two year old.”

 

“Alex.” Chelsea said.  “I know what it’s like remember.” She told him as he looked up at her and she sat down beside him.  “When we first moved to Kentucky my Mom was always getting upset at all the time I was spending with the Richardson’s and Kevin, and they were life long friends of hers.”

 

“But you’re sick.” AJ said as his eyes frowned.

 

“Yes but I’m not dying.” She said with a light smile.  “Go to the Tea Rooms with your Mom; give her today, its ok really.”

 

“Chelsea..” AJ sighed.

 

“I’m stressing over Tim and Jerald, I don’t want to have an episode in the middle of Glasgow anyways.” She said and he sighed again looking at her.  “Besides Alex, she’s your Mom and as anal as mine could be I’d give anything to hang with her again.”

 

“Anal?” AJ said looking at her.  “Kevin’s going to kill Nick.” Chelsea started laughing and it made him laugh, her smiles and laughs were always like that, contagious.

 

“Oh that reminds me, better call Kev and let him know we’re here.” AJ said as he stood up.  “I’ll go grab us something from the restaurant, burger?”

 

“With Cheese.” She said reaching for the phone.

 

As she punched in the last number she heard the door to the room close.  Sitting up she waited as the phone rang and rang.  Then the answering machine picked up.

 

“Hi.” Chelsea said a little surprised to get the voice mail.  “Umm we’re in Glasgow now our room is 506 and you have the hotel number so call whenever you get in, I’ll be here.” She said goodbye and hung up.  As she stood up from the bed the phone rang and she smiled knowing it was probably Kevin.

 

“Hello?” She answered.

 

“Hey Shorty, I was just going to call you.” Kevin said.

 

“Is that why there was no answer?” She asked with a light laugh.

 

“Sort of.” Kevin said and she heard the tone in his voice and she stayed silent wondering what was happening now.  “I just got off the phone with the lawyer that handled the case against your dad after we found him and you.”

 

“Yeah.” Chelsea said as she began to feel nervous.

 

“It seems Tim and Jerald have been talking to him, and..” Kevin stopped and she waited, waited to long for him to answer.

 

“What Kevin, what did they do now?” Chelsea asked.

 

“They got an injunction against you.” Kevin sighed.

 

“A what?” Chelsea asked knowing the word but not sure on its meaning.

 

“An Injunction, it basically says you need to return to Kentucky, you need to be with your Doctors and within a proper medical facility.”

 

“And Glasgow doesn’t have those?” She asked still shocked and unsure what was going on.

 

“They do Chels but they haven’t dealt with your history and everything and the boys feel you’ll be better treated if you stay here, if something happens then you’re right here by the University.” Kevin told her.

 

“Well I’m not going.” Chelsea replied stubbornly.

 

“Chels it doesn’t work like that, it’s an injunction.  If you ignore it they could arrest you and bring you home that way.” Kevin told her.

 

“Then let them, I don’t care.” Chelsea snapped as a feeling she hadn’t had in a long time came rushing back.  Trapped, alone, and helpless.  She breathed heavily as her lungs started to tighten.  Her hands started shaking, then her body, and she dropped the phone.  Her eyes darted across the room quickly as she ran her fingers through her hair.  A gasping cry broke for her lips and she fought the tears back.  Her anxiety was in full bloom and even though she could hear Kevin screaming for her on the phone, she didn’t move, afraid to, waiting for them to come get her and drag her home.  Waiting for them to take her away from him.