- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the cliffie in the last chapter. Enjoy the update :)
Chapter 14


Amanda sat in the living room with her feet up on the coffee table, a pillow under them for support. She reached for a mini Butterfinger balanced on her stomach and started chewing as she listened to Nick's voice. Sighing with content, her foot tapped to the beat of the song.


"I think I will put my space suit on, so I can jump into my rocket..."


The song fit Nick perfectly. As she studied the lyric sheet, she wondered what Nick was talking about in his song when suddenly a shooting pain got her stomach in a knot.

"Another big bang explosion..."


"Ow!!!" she cried out, the candy flying onto the floor. Aaron's head shot up, almost dropping his video game, his brown eyes wide.

No....not now...for the love of god...he thought, standing up.

"Amanda?" he said weakly, noticing her holding her stomach in pain.

"Oh god....AJ!!!! Where the hell is AJ????" Amanda screamed, holding her stomach as warm liquid dripped on the floor. Aaron stood frozen in place, shaking. This couldn't be happening now...

Nick's voice continued from the speakers as Amanda was overtaken by another pain in her stomach. She leaned on the wall for balance and held her stomach, starting to cry.

"I fucking told him not to go!!! Goddamn it Nick. Where is AJ!!!" she hissed. Aaron felt his heart race and did the only thing he could think of.

"DON'T COME OUT!!! WE AREN'T READY!!!" he screamed, leaning towards her crotch and waving his arms.

"Aaron, yelling at my vagina isn't going to....HELP!!!!!" she screamed the last part of her sentence. This baby was coming today and Amanda was not happy about it. Aaron picked up the phone, nearly dropping it.

"911, what is you're emergency?" the operator on the reciever asked. Amanda was on the couch, yelling in pain again and Aaron was panicking, completely forgetting what he was supposed to do.

"WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!"

"I'm sorry?"

"My sister in law is in labor!" Aaron yelled into the phone, his face pale. Amanda took her phone out and texted Nick, breathing heavily from the couch.


Where are you?????



Nick sat in the middle of another interview with a radio station in LA.

"So Nick, you have a beautiful daughter....any thoughts of adding to your little family?" the DJ asked. Nick felt the phone vibrate on the table but didn't look at it.

"My wife is in her ninth month of pregnancy. We are hoping that the little one holds off until I come back, she's home in Florida." Nick replied.

"That's great to hear." the DJ said kindly as Nick's phone rang.

"Excuse me, I have to take this." Nick said.

"Nick, you have to come home!" Aaron begged. He heard Brian in the background and Amanda screaming.

"What's going on?"

"The baby decided to come out! You gotta come home!" Aaron shouted. The phone dropped from his hands, the color drained from his face. Hastily picking up his fallen blackberry, Nick laughed.

"Uh....I gotta leave. My wife is in labor...." he said before running out of the room, nearly tripping over his own feet.

"Daddy's coming!" he shouted, kicking the door open and racing to the awaiting taxi.




Brian ran into the house before any paramedics had arrived to find Aaron panicking.

"Aaron what's going on?"

"Make it go back in! We aren't ready!" the teenager yelled.

"I don't think you can do that, kiddo. That baby is coming today. Did you call your brother?" Brian laughed as he calmed Amanda, who was sobbing into his chest.

"He can't miss this baby, Brian. He can't..." she said, the paramedics arriving.

"He's on his way home now. Nick won't miss the baby. Just stay calm." Brian assured her. AJ arrived moments after Amanda was taken to the hospital.

"Shit, what happened? I was only gone an hour..." AJ said, scratching his head.

"Amanda's in labor, you moron!" Brian said, hitting him. They grabbed Celine and all went down to the hospital, Brian staying with Amanda in the delivery room.

"Brian, did you hear from Nick?" she asked, her hands clutching her hospital gown nervously.

"I talked to him earlier before we got here. Nick's on his way home right now, I promise." Brian said. Amanda didn't feel any better, she knew Nick wouldn't be home for the birth....and it killed her.

"Don't cry, you need to stay calm for the baby."

"Brian, you don't understand...Nick has to be here to see this."

"I do....a child being born is very important."

"No....you really don't. Nick's going to miss his son..."





Nick ran into the airport, his heart
racing. Why was he so stupid to think going to LA was a good idea? What made him think this wouldn't happen? He got on the airplane hoping for the best, nothing was gonna stand in the way of seeing this baby being born. Nothing.