- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter, thanks so much for the feedback and encouragement! There is a lot of French in this chapter so it was a bit tricky.
Chapter 3


For the rest of the night Amanda and Nick lay in bed next to one another, talking. They had ordered room service and just kept to the room.

"Remember when I was very sick with the flu a few months back?" Nick asked. Amanda nodded, Nick had come down with a horrible flu bug and a very high fever on top of it.

"Yes, I remember. I stayed up all night taking care of you." Amanda said.

"I saw Tracy before I woke up and she spoke to me. She asked me if I wanted to come back or stay with her there." Nick replied. Amanda thought about this. If Nick had chosen to stay with her, she knew Nick would have died from his fever.

"What did you say?" Amanda whispered, her hand on his cheek as she looked into his deep blue eyes.

"I couldn't answer. When she saw how conflicted I was, she said it wasn't fair to make me choose and that I belonged with you. Tracy saw what was in my heart, she knew I wanted to be with you." Nick explained, smiling with tears in his eyes.

"Oh...Nick..." she said, kissing him.

"That's when I decided to ask you to marry me....but I wanted to do it right so I met your parents first." he said. He and Amanda talked all night and fell asleep around three that morning. The next day Nick had arranged a limo to drive the two of them around Paris. They had a wonderful afternoon of sightseeing and lunch in a cafe...Nick had something special planned for that night.


"nous emmener à la Tour Eiffel." he said to their limo driver. Amanda looked at Nick curiously....she had forgotten he was able to speak French. A memory of a 15 year old Nick surfaced, his blonde bangs in his face as he studied a french lesson book.




"French?"

"Qui, Mademoiselle." he said with a cheeky grin.

"I don't know what that means."

Nick simply smiled at her in her cheerleading uniform.

"Tu es belle."




Amanda smiled and watched Nick talking to the limo driver.

"Nick? Can I ask you something?" she said when the limo began to pull away from the hotel.

"You just did." Nick teased as she playfully hit him in the arm.

"What did you say to me that day in the cafeteria? You spoke to me in French." Amanda asked. Nick closed his eyes and smiled, remembering high school and his crush on her, not being able to tell her how he felt.

"Tu es Belle....." he said softly, looking at her.

"What does that mean, Nick?"

"It means you're beautiful." he told her, his cheeks turning pink slightly. Amanda's face softened and she smiled.

"Why didn't you tell me that? I would have loved it. You speak French so well." she said as he looked on in surprise. Nick could have kicked his teenage self, he should have told Amanda years ago that he liked her.

"I was so shy then, you were dating Lance and I didn't think I had a shot with you, honestly." Nick explained.

"You always had a shot with me, Nicky. I liked you a lot more than I let on.....that's why I chose you to be my first on prom night. You just didn't seem like you were ready for a relationship then, but when you dated Tracy I saw otherwise. You're a great guy and I am lucky to have someone like you." Amanda said, leaning in to kiss him. They kissed for a while until the limo reached their destination.

"Oh, Nick....its beautiful." she whispered as the Eiffel Tower stood in front of them. It was now dark and the tower was lit up with thousands of lights.

"I should teach you some French," Nick said as they sat down for dinner at a cafe near the tower.

"Like what?" Amanda asked.

"Repeat after me....embrasse-moi." he whispered, leaning close to her.

"Embrasse-moi....what does that mean?"

"Kiss me."

"Clever. I can say one thing in French, but it isn't Merci or anything like that." Amanda whispered, smiling at him. Nick raised an eyebrow and she laughed.

"Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

"Everybody knows that one, baby." Nick teased, rolling his eyes as she giggled.

"So will you?"

"Of course." Nick said before kissing her again. They ate dinner and took a walk together, hand in hand before heading back to the hotel once more. Nick undressed while Amanda watched from the bed, grinning. He climbed on top and went to work immediately, his lips traveling from her neck to her bare chest and stomach, butterfly kisses on her shoulders before he entered her once more. They had yet another night of love making....all the while Amanda thought about what Nick wanted more than anything....a son. She smiled as Nick's hand grazed her thigh, if they were going to make another baby....this was the perfect chance to do it.