- Text Size +
As Amanda's birthday got nearer, Nick went full on into planning mode. He knew he wanted a specific theme and who would be invited but he also needed to work out more details, especially with Donnie and setting it up at the club. Doing this was going to be a huge challenge because Amanda owned the club and he didn't want her to know anything. So most of it was kept secret.

“Hey, honey- you're still okay with me using the club for my fan event that night next month, right?” Nick asked one morning at breakfast. The party wasn't long away, maybe two weeks. Nick knew he had to hurry if he wanted to put it all together. Donnie was helping with the music portion as his band would be performing for Amanda but the rest of the evening Nick had no clue.

“Of course. I have everything set for that. It's a great idea to do this for them. They'll love it.”

Nick had arranged a fan event for the day before Amanda's birthday and said the event was two days long so she would close the club to the public. She didn't know that the one night was for her birthday party. All Amanda knew was that Nick was planning to do something for her birthday after the event was over. She didn't mind sharing Nick with his fans and knew that it would make the club quite a bit of money.

Nick's other plan was for New Kids On The Block to serenade Amanda on stage for her birthday. He'd been in contact with Donnie for several weeks, trying to get their schedules to work. He was not touring or filming Blue Bloods at the time so it ended up working out great. Everything was starting to come together.

“So is everything set for Amanda's party?” Brian asked as he and Nick ate lunch on the patio. He was off that day and usually hung out with his girlfriend Lisa but had been trying to make time for Nick too.

“I'm working on it. She's starting to get suspicious though. It's hard to keep a secret in this house especially with AJ and my brother being blabbermouths.” Nick said, laughing. He took a bite of his sandwich and set it down. He thought of the party and about Savannah and wondered if Amanda was starting to get the wrong idea about the two of them.

“Brian, did Amanda tell you about the girl I'm mentoring?”

“She mentioned it. I'm sorry about that by the way. I didn't know that was her car at the house. I hope I didn't get you in trouble.” Brian said. Brian noticed that Nick was hanging out with Savannah quite a bit and while he wasn't suspicious he felt like he needed to keep an eye on things anyway.

“It's alright. Savannah is just a friend. Amanda thinks she doesn't like her though. I'm working with her because Howie thinks it would be a good idea to mentor another artist like JC did for me.”

Nick took a drink of soda and looked out at the water, thinking.

“I would be careful with Savannah if I were you.” Brian suggested.

Nick went on to tell Brian about the flirting and how it made him uncomfortable because he was married. Brian raised an eyebrow at some of it but Nick insisted that he didn't feel the same way.

“I'm not attracted to her.” Nick said, but he knew this wasn't fully truthful because she was a very pretty girl. She was just way too young. He didn't have any sexual attraction towards her and wasn't planning on acting on any feelings because he was in love with his wife. He'd spent way too much time to be with her to screw that up now. Savannah was really just a friend. He didn't understand why everyone was trying to make it seem like there was more.

“I believe you. I'm just warning you to be careful. I am sure she is very nice, but you don't know her that well. You don't know what her motives are aside from singing. I'm just looking out for you.” Brian smiled. Nick nodded and decided maybe he'd better find out because he was starting to think about it in depth. When they were alone, Savannah would flirt. Even though he didn't return any of her advances, she needed to be put in her place.

“Maybe I'll have a talk with her.” Nick said.


The next day, Nick invited Savannah over to the house to use the recording studio again. They'd been writing on some songs for her album and he was feeling pretty good about them, but he had to find out what her true motive was.

“Good to see you again, Nick. I brought my guitar.” Savannah said as she walked in the door of Nick's recording studio.

“That's great. Come on in. I just was getting some stuff ready for our session.”

Nick shut the door and turned on the light outside so that the family knew not to disturb him.

“So how are you doing, I know you have been busy with different things lately.” Savannah asked. She set her guitar down and smiled, sitting down on the couch. She liked the recording studio at Nick's house. It was on the beach and very cozy. Like a guest house almost with its own kitchen and sitting area. It was definitely Nick's style.

“Yeah, you could say that.” Nick said with a chuckle. He brought her a soda and sat down opposite from her.

They got to talking about music for a long time before Nick remembered the reason he wanted to talk to her in the first place.

“Are you okay?” Savannah asked suddenly. It caught Nick off guard. She'd never asked him this before.

“Everything's fine. Why do you ask?”

“You seem like you're stressed.”

“I've just been a little busy with work and planning Amanda's birthday party.” Nick said. Savannah moved to the couch where he was sitting and rested her hand on his knee. He shifted.

“If you need anything, I'm here. You just need to relax.” she said, emphasizing the last word. Nick licked his lips, they were suddenly dry. His mouth was dry so he took a drink from the can of soda but it was empty. His tongue felt like he had swallowed a huge wad of cotton.

“I'm not sure what you mean.”

“I can help you relax. You're so tense-”

Her hand traveled so Nick jumped up and went to get himself another drink.

“Did I say something wrong?” she asked.

“I'm not sure what you're trying to do but this is not appropriate.” Nick said. Savannah got up and cornered him in front of the sink.

“Nick, you need to loosen up. Your wife is stressing you out and I can help. You need to have some fun. Let me help you…”

Savannah didn't look fazed so she tried to kiss his neck. Nick pushed her away.

“Savannah, I'm married. I'm mentoring you and that's it. This can't go any further than purely business. I am not interested in sex.”

“Nick-”

“I think you should go.” he said finally. He looked at her and could tell she wasn't happy about it. After she left Nick downed the rest of his drink…sighing. He had just narrowly escaped that situation but somehow he knew things with Savannah were not over.