- Text Size +
Lisa loved her job taking care of the Carters children. Being a fan of Nick Carter’s and getting to spend so much time with him was an amazing opportunity for her, not to mention they paid her well for the nanny position. She often missed being just a fan though and would often go online into the message boards on Nick Carter forums to chat with other fans. She never told them who she was and they didn’t ask. Lisa respected Nick’s privacy enough that she didn’t feel the need to expose anything but still liked to keep up with what the fans were thinking. Sometimes Nick would ask her what they were saying or even go on the boards incognito. Nobody knew who he was either. He liked hearing the fans opinions but mostly got entertained by the gossip.


However, today was a bit different as a conversation in the message board caught her eye.

Nickschick1978: Hey who’s that new girl I saw with Nick last week? Is he bored of that idiot he married already?

CartersBitch69: omg who is it?

Nickschick1978: I think he’s got a side hoe. Some girl that looks like she’s 12.


Lisa looked and saw a photo of Nick and Savannah talking outside of his house. The fans had found paparazzi photos and posted it on the forum. Lisa was angry. Not just angry that they were talking about Amanda like this but starting rumors openly. This was typical behavior but not uncommon. A lot of fans were not happy when Nick and Amanda got married. She knew from being around on the forums for so long. She just hoped that Nick didn’t see any of this yet.



Nick knew he’d been so busy with planning the birthday party and working on his album that he hadn’t really spent much alone time with his wife. So he decided to plan a romantic evening for the two of them. He hadn’t done anything like this since their honeymoon so he was so excited. He was busily cooking in the kitchen, waiting for Amanda to come home from the club so he could surprise her when AJ walked in from the garage.

“What’s cooking, good looking?” AJ commented as Nick rolled his eyes. He continued to stir the pot of spaghetti sauce on the stove.

“Nothing for you...I’m surprising Amanda. We’ve been so busy lately that we haven’t had much time alone to ourselves.”

“Trying to make up for the Savannah shit?”

“No, AJ. Amanda wasn’t even angry about that. I had a talk with Savannah and we are keeping it professional after what happened in the recording studio.” Nick explained as he took freshly baked garlic bread out of the oven. He set it on the counter to cool.

“Look, if she tried that crap with me...I would just call off the whole mentoring thing. Your manager obviously didn’t do any check into who she is other than she’s a singer. Are you sure she isn’t a fan or something?”

“She probably is, but what does that have anything to do with her music career? I think she just got the wrong idea about working with me and I told her flat out I’m not interested because I am married. Come on, it’s not like people think we’re sleeping together.” Nick protested as Lisa walked in holding her laptop under her arm. Nick and AJ said their hellos and Nick continued to cook while Lisa sat at the stool in front of the counter next to AJ.

“Nick, I know that I’m just your nanny but I’m also a fan...and I hate to break it to you but the other fans already think that you’re sleeping with Savannah.”

Nick responded by dropping the plate he was holding, the shards hitting the floor in front of him and scattering.

“You're fucking joking..”

“Nick, I wish I was.” Lisa said, pulling out the laptop and placing it on the counter. Nick's mouth hung open as he read the posts on the forum. He thought that he'd put a stop to everything but there the fans were, talking about how he was cheating on his wife.

“I'd never cheat on Amanda.” he said in disbelief.

“Dude, we all know that…but it looks like one of these girls might be her and is posting to get rumors started. She probably wants to upset you.” AJ told him. Nick nodded and went back to getting dinner ready. He didn't know what to do about any of this but he knew it would upset his wife if she saw. All he thought about was when he and Amanda had gotten married, how she would keep saying that the fans were not happy about him getting married to her. He had to assure her so many times that he didn't care what they were saying, but this time he did.

“You’re gonna have to tell Amanda, Nick. She sometimes goes on these forums. She hasn’t in a long time but we were talking about it once. If she sees that, she’s going to be angry.”

Nick agreed with Lisa and waited for Amanda to come home so he could surprise her with dinner. He’d set up a table in his recording studio so nobody would bother them, with the whole room lit by candlelight. It was really nice. He just hated that he had to bring up the Savannah situation at dinner because he’d spent a good amount of time planning this alone time with his wife.

“So this is your studio. Do you always have the candles?” Amanda giggled. She wore a black dress that dipped low in the front and a silver chain that Nick had bought her for Christmas. She looked beautiful as she always did. Nick set up dinner and they began to eat. The food wasn’t anything spectacular, just pasta and garlic bread with red velvet cake for dessert. He’d brought out a bottle of champagne and chilled it ahead of time so it would be ice cold by the time they drank it.

“I feel bad that I waited this long to show it to you and I’m sorry about that.” Nick apologized as he downed the rest of his second glass of champagne.

“It’s alright. I mean, everyone needs a place all to themselves. I guess this is your version of a man cave.” Amanda smiled. Nick seemed a little off today but she didn’t question anything, not wanting to ruin the good time they were having.

“You’ve been working so hard, baby. It’s nice to see you take a night off and relax.” Amanda said suddenly. They spent a long time talking, until the champagne was long gone and they started on the cake. Nick was really proud of this particular cake, he’d never baked a red velvet cake before and hoped it tasted as good as it looked.

“Do you like it?” Nick asked, watching his wife eat. She opened her mouth to compliment him but her eyes caught something on the sofa across the room. It was a small tote bag, a pink one that had a Victoria’s Secret logo on the front.

“Whose bag is that?”

Nick had no clue what she was talking about at first but then he spotted the bag as well and his eyes went wide. Savannah had left her bag on the couch when he’d thrown her out. He knew how bad this looked.

“It must be Savannah’s bag….I can explain-“ Nick started, but Amanda had already gotten up and was clearly upset.

“Nick, it’s bad enough when your fans are telling me you’re hooking up with this girl and I have to keep defending you...but the least you could do is be honest with me. I thought you weren’t going to have her at the house anymore and you invited her here? Your fans aren’t the only ones who think something is going on. Is that why you wanted to show me the studio so bad?”

“Baby….it's not what you think at all…” Nick stammered.

“I trust you, Nick...but I do not trust her. I can’t believe you.”

Amanda headed for the door but Nick got in front of it, stopping her from leaving. He knew she was angry but couldn’t let this happen and had to give himself a chance to explain. He’d worked so hard to get with her that he couldn’t bear to lose her over something that didn’t even happen.

“Nick, I’m really disappointed in you. I’m going to bed.”

He finally let her leave because she just didn’t want to listen to him anymore. As the door closed behind her, Nick looked around at the flickering candlelight and sighed. He’d really fucked up this time. How was he going to make it right?