- Text Size +
The rest of the week, Amanda was gushing about meeting Donnie to everyone, they’d even exchanged numbers and were talking. Nick was happy that she was happy. The day before her birthday, Nick held the fan event at her club.

@nickcarter: Good morning, Miami!!! Who’s ready to party with me at the SOLD OUT EVENT tonight at The Blue Banana in Oceanview? I’m sooo excited. See y’all later!

Nick hit send on the tweet and smiled as he set the phone down, going back to eating breakfast with the kids at the table. Amanda sat across from him, smiling as well. Her phone vibrated and she laughed at his tweet.

“Do you get notified when I tweet?” Nick chuckled.

“I had that even before we dated. I always wanted to know what you were up to even though we talked every day. I still liked your tweets.” Amanda laughed, eating her pancakes.

“Do I even follow you back?”

“I thought you did.” Amanda said. Nick picked up his phone, looking at it. There was a text from Savannah again but he swiped it away, ignoring it. He rolled his eyes because he always ignored her messages...but she wouldn’t leave him alone.

“I hope this event goes good tonight.”

“What makes you think it wouldn’t?”

“I don’t know. I guess sometimes I just worry that it won’t. This is the first time I’ve done anything like this. I just wanted to do something cool for the fans, Howie said that if it goes well we might do some in other places too. For fans that don’t come down to the club to see me, since I don’t really tour. Plus, the whole situation with Savannah because she is a fan and everything.” Nick said, finishing his coffee. This was a huge concern because he was really worried that she might try and show up since he had been ignoring her after the incident in the elevator.

“I thought you were hiring a bodyguard.” Amanda said as she cleaned some egg off of Celine’s face. Celine giggled. She wasn’t usually a messy eater but for some reason she was today. Bryan sat in the high chair near Nick, keeping quiet and just looking around at everyone.

“Howie said he was. I think I’m meeting him today. He’s supposed to come by.”

Aaron shuffled into the room looking half asleep, his hair stuck up in all different places. Amanda laughed because it reminded her of the morning after prom when Nick had walked in looking the same.

“What are you laughing at?” Nick asked.

“Nothing.”



The whole day, Nick was feeling nervous. His nerves were shot by the time he went over to Howie’s office to meet his bodyguard.

“Hi,” Nick said as he walked into the room. The bodyguard stood across from him. He was tall and had a friendly smile.

“I’m Michael but you can call me Mike.”

Nick was still hesitant but Howie went over a few things with them and Nick simply nodded, thinking the whole time about Savannah and her messages. How she was on the forums bragging how she was going to be at the fan event tonight and that Nick had personally invited her, posting pictures of them and acting like they were best friends. It made him so uncomfortable to the point Nick almost canceled it, but Amanda convinced him to keep going.

“This is for the fans.” Nick would remind himself.

“You seem very nervous. Is everything okay?” Mike asked. Nick smiled and didn't say anything right away.

“I know that you’re not used to having security like this. I just want you to feel safe . You’re in good hands. I’ve worked with a lot of artists and I know my job. I’m here to help you.” Mike promised. Nick felt a little better but still uneasy. He was on edge and everyone around him noticed how tense he was.



“Everything is set to go. Are you okay?” Amanda asked as Nick got ready in the dressing room at the club. Fans were lined up outside and everyone was excited for the fan event that they’d been waiting a few weeks for. Nick was wearing blue jeans and a black top, his hair spiked up. He looked good but did not feel good. Inside his stomach was churning with anxiety. He’d spent part of that afternoon texting Brian, who reassured him everything was fine.


Just relax and have fun. You’re in safe hands. I checked the bodyguard and he is okay. We are patrolling around the club.


Thanks, B. I’m just nervous that’s all.





Nick took a deep breath and kissed his wife.

“I’m going to be fine. Have them start lining up for pictures.”

Amanda left the room and Nick saw a text come over his phone from Savannah. He didn’t look at it but he knew she was trying to get a response from him.


He wasn’t about to give her the satisfaction. After calming himself down he went out to meet the fans, putting on a happy face for them in the pictures. Halfway through there was a girl with brown hair who looked familiar.

“Mike….Mike...that’s her…” he whispered to his bodyguard as he saw her standing in line. She wore a pink top and black leggings, her hair tied in the back.

“Are you sure that you’re not just being paranoid?” Mike asked. Nick hugged the next fan and gave Mike a look. Mike went to talk to Amanda, who was in her office nearby watching everything from a distance. Amanda wasn’t the type of person who wanted to be in the spotlight. She liked to let Nick do his thing.

Nick turned around, noticing that his bodyguard was not nearby as the girl came closer. He was relieved that it wasn't her. He continued the meet and greet and pretty soon it was over so he took a bathroom break after hanging with fans and went to relax a little in his dressing room before his performance.

“Mike told me that you're freaking out about Savannah.” Amanda said from the doorway. Nick was a bit annoyed that his bodyguard told his wife about the situation, he shook his head.

“Nick, you need to stop worrying about this. Just relax and have a good time.”

“I'm sorry. I just have this feeling…” Nick apologized. Amanda kissed him and he went back out to the stage to perform. The whole performance he couldn't focus because he kept seeing Savannah and it was driving him crazy.

“We had everyone looking for this girl but she's not here, Nick.” Mike assured him for the fifth time that day. The event went wonderfully and fans seemed to have a great time. Nick made sure to talk to everyone and take selfies, sign things for them. At the end of the night, he went back to the dressing room feeling relieved that nothing had happened and thinking he was paranoid for nothing.


He didn't know how wrong he was.

Nick walked into the dressing room and took off his shirt, looking into the mirror and smiling. He'd made it through and felt very happy with himself.


“Hello, Nick.”