- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter :) thanks for all the feedback, you are all awesome!!!
Chapter 7




"I'm fat!" Amanda pouted as she looked in the mirror at her 5 month along baby belly. Nick came up behind her and put his arms around her, letting them rest on her stomach.

"You look beautiful." he whispered as he kissed her. Amanda still pouted, brushing him off and turning sideways. It looked like she had swallowed a basketball, her stomach protruded outward through her maternity nightgown.

"Nick, you're just saying that." she snapped. Nick walked away and went to take a hot shower, not responding anymore. He lathered up, washing his biceps as he let the steam surround his body. Nick thought about a lot during the shower....Amanda had developed an attitude over the last few months. Gone were the sex crazed nights under the covers....Amanda barely let him touch her these days. Nick didn't let it get him down, he had been keeping busy writing for his new album....recording demo tapes in his studio and making calls to producers, working with his manager on aspects of the album. He loved creating music...it was his passion and his craft. Nick strived to do the best he possibly could, it was always a part of him. That day was full of meetings with Howie and the record label. Nick wanted to go one way, the more personal route with his songs....yet the label wanted radio friendly ones. Nick avoided listening to the radio as much as he could, he disliked most of what was being played. It wasn't his style...he wanted to be himself. Nick walked into the night club about five minutes late to see Amanda glaring at him, her arms crossed and tapping her foot at him.

"Let's get started, guys." Nick said hurriedly, rushing to tune his guitar and begin playing. They went over a few songs before Amanda walked over looking pissed off.

"NICK, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???" she screamed, her brown eyes burning with rage. Nick flinched and backed away slowly, almost tripping over his guitar case.

"I....uh...."

"Don't give me any of your tired ass excuses, you were late!"



Nick frowned at her....he had only been a few minutes late, what was the big deal?


"Amanda-" he started, but she cut him off again.

"SAVE IT! You fucking promised you wouldn't be late anymore! You're being a real shit head lately and there is NO EXCUSE for this. This is your FINAL warning. If you're late again, you're done." Amanda ranted, her face an inch from his as her husband's eyes began to water in shame.

"Yes, boss." he replied, not looking at her as he bent down to pick up his guitar case. The guys in his band were looking on in shock, even Skye looked remorseful. Nick sulked out of the club and went home, his head already pounding as he heard Amanda's voice echo in his head.

"You're a real shit head...."


Nick got home not long after, kicking off his shoes before grabbing a beer and taking it upstairs with him. He took off his jacket and tossed it aside, sipping from the beer bottle before he decided to run the bath water to relax and clear his head. His shirt and pants lay in a heap near the bathroom door, Nick submerged in the bathtub under the bubbles. Nick sighed with content, letting the steam relax him....he always preferred baths to showers.


"NICK!!!!"


His eyes opened lazily when he heard her in the bathroom, waving his pants in front of her.

"Why are your clothes laying all over the room?" Amanda shouted. Nick just stared at her....she usually never got angry at him. He assumed it was a mood swing so he just let her yell.

"Nick, you know better than this! I worked all day at the club and I come home to dirty clothes all over the floor. What the fuck is wrong with you?" she shouted.

"Baby, come on....this isn't like you." Nick said as he got up from the tub and put a towel around his waist before letting the water out.

"Get away from me, I'm disgusted with you right now!" Amanda snapped when he went to put his arms around her. She pushed him away and stormed out, slamming the door. Nick sat down on the bed, running a hand through his damp hair....wondering how he would get through the next four months. The next day Amanda seemed to have calmed down, but Nick was careful not to do anything to aggravate her. He did everything to make sure she was comfortable and happy.

"Baby?" she said suddenly as they watched television together in the living room. Celine was on the floor playing with blocks and giggling.

"Yes?"

"I'm hungry. Can you get me something?" she asked sweetly. Nick smiled and kissed her on the cheek before leaving the room. Making a snack was an easy task. Nick made a turkey salad sandwich and brought it to Amanda on a plate, along with a glass of milk and set it down in front of her. A few chews into the sandwich, Amanda made a face and pushed it away.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked. Amanda looked as if she would be sick.

"You think you're being funny, don't you?"

"What?"

"Are you that much of a damn moron that you can't even make something to eat properly?" Amanda shouted as she got up off of the couch.

"Baby, wait-"

"Get away from me, you have done enough!!!!!" Amanda yelled, slamming the bedroom door. Nick sat down, feeling dejected. He didn't seem to do anything right these days...how was he gonna take care of a newborn? Fear and doubt clouded his thoughts until Nick heard AJ walk into the house.

"Hey, Peanut!" AJ said, smiling at the little girl. Celine giggled and held her chubby little arms up, reaching for him.

"Nick, what's wrong?"

"Amanda hates me. I made her a turkey sandwich and she started yelling at me. Nothing I do makes her happy, she's always yelling anymore." Nick said in a hollow voice.

"Is that all? Nick....turkey has been making Amanda sick. The baby has her up a lot with morning sickness....I thought you knew that." AJ laughed.

"No, I had no idea. So what do I do?" Nick asked.

"Bring her something else to eat and go talk to her. I suggest pizza.....she's been chowing down on it a lot lately." AJ suggested. Nick smiled slightly and went into the kitchen to make his wife a homemade pizza....he just hoped it would work and things could be normal again.