- Text Size +

Kansas City

 

 

 

Kate's alarm went off at 4pm. She got up, letting Julie sleep a few more minutes. She took a cool shower. She never seemed to get use to the humidity of the Midwest. After blow drying her hair, she came out of the bathroom. Julie already had her hair in hot rollers.

 

As they got ready for the concert, Julie noticed that Kate avoided talking about last night. Even though she was curious, she didn't push it.

 

While Kate finished getting ready, Julie called downstairs and found a shuttle to take them to the Sprint Center.

 

While driving into Kansas City that morning (once Julie had woken up) they were able to get 3rd row seats, for a bit less than the face value of the tickets. Tonight, they were even more excited. Once in the venue, they found their 3rd row seats. They were on stage left at the end of the runway. Kate was distracted, trying not to think about Nick, so she decided to get a soda. Because of her foot, Julie stayed in their seats. As soon as Kate was out of sight, Julie pulled out her phone and text AJ. She couldn’t help it.

 

"Hey handsome, you getting ready for your show?” His text came back quickly.
"Yes, did you make it home safe?"
"We're not home yet. We had another stop to make on the way home. Should be headed home in the morning.” She waited a moment, debating her next text. But she loved her friend too much not to risk it all by asking.
“Not to be nosy, but do you know why Nick didn't text Kate?" It didn’t take long for a reply back.
"Lol. Yeah. No nosiness there! It was because she was driving."
"I see. That changes everything. Well, good luck tonight! Or do you say break a leg, like in theater?"
"It's good luck in music. Were you in theater?"
"Yeah. That's how I met Kate."
"I have to go warm up but can I call you after the show?"
"Sure. Make sure you pick a nice girl to take on stage tonight."
"If you were here I'd pick you."
Julie smiled to herself as Kate returned and took her seat.

 

"So, what'd ya get?" Julie asked Kate, seeing that she had a CD in one hand and the soda in another.
“Diet Pepsi.” She replied flatly. Julie tried to lighten the mood.
“I meant the CD.”

 

Kate smiled. She was upset about the situation with Nick, but didn’t want to ruin the night for Julie.
"Unfinished." She says handing the CD to Julie. “It’s Jordan’s newest CD, and he kissed it.”


As the lights went down and the screams went up, Julie and Kate stood up from their seats. The curtain dropped and the nine guys stepped out onto the main stage to sing Single mixed with The One. They moved half way up the shaft, but not far enough that anyone could see the girls. Julie’s heart was hammering so hard she thought she might need to sit down. The song ended and the New Kids moved off the stage so the Backstreet Boys could sing The Call. Once again, they only made it half way down the shaft. The anticipation was torture. The song ended and the guys switched. The New Kids moved swiftly down the shaft, three remaining at various places on the shaft, but Jordan and Donnie moved to the head.

Jordan was singing to no one in particular when he moved to go from one side of the stage to the other. It was then that he caught sight of Kate. Her low cut top was shades of brown and turquoise, with white and black. The lights kept hitting the sparklies in her top, making her more radiant. Kate smiled at him, with all the sexiness she could muster. If Nick was gonna be done with her, Jordan was right in front, making lovey eyes at her. Donnie came to the other side and stood next to Jordan as the other three members moved up the stage to end up at the head. Donnie looked down and smiled, in recognition, at Julie. Her heart skipped a beat, but it didn’t move like when AJ looked at her. This was very confusing for her.


 

The song was over before they knew it, and the Backstreet Boys were sneaking up the small stairs on the side of the stage, just a few feet from Julie and Kate. The lights were low so there was no way they could have seen the girls. The song Get Down started playing. Julie couldn’t help but notice that Nick was looking stage right where girls had sat in the night before. Howie and Brian were facing them. AJ was facing out the very tip of the stage, and Nick was still looking over to the right. Howie got a big smile on his face when he locked eyes with the girls. Julie quickly put a finger to her lips in a shushing motion. She didn’t want Howie to say anything. Howie winked at Julie, letting her know he saw.

 

 

 

As they sang Get Down, they moved counter clockwise, so each guy had a time at different spots on the stage. When AJ got to their side, he actually missed a step. His eyes fell on Julie. His smile said it all. He regained his step and finished the song, trying his hardest to keep an eye on Julie. Nick, for some reason, never let his eyes drift to the left. He just kept looking to the right. Just before they left the stage, Julie locked eyes with AJ, pointed to Kate, and did the finger to her lips again. He nodded as if he knew exactly what she meant.

As the New Kids took the stage again, this time to sing The Right Stuff, Julie felt her phone vibrating in her back pocket. She quickly pulled it out. It was AJ.
“You don’t want Nick to know?” he texted to her.
“Not yet. He seems so lost, he keeps looking right.” Julie replied.
“But that is where you sat last night.”
Julie laughed as she read this.
“When should we tell him?” She asked.
“Let me take care of this. Just enjoy the show.”

Julie put her phone back in her pocket. The guys finished and the Backstreet Boys were back out. They had on white satin suits. Julie just wanted to run her hands over AJ’s chest to feel the soft fabric against his hard chest. She felt herself blush. She looked over at Kate, who was avoiding looking at Nick.

Show Me The Reason started playing. AJ kept looking over at Julie, singing to her. Nick still had not caught sight of them. As they sang 10,000 Promises, the stage hands put four chairs with roses on the shaft. When the song ended, Howie started talking about needing to find some girls. Of course, Brian had already found a sweet little 6 yr old to bring on stage. Howie was looking for a girl up the shaft and AJ turned to Nick.

 

“Dude. I have found the perfect girl for you.” Nick just looked at him confused. “But you gotta look that way.” He pointed to where the girls had been sitting the night before. “Cover your eyes. No peeking."

 

Nick made a show of covering his eyes. AJ darted off for the side steps on the stage, close to the girls. He pointed to Julie and Kate, letting the security know he wanted them. They carefully slid out from their row, trying not to get Julie’s foot hurt in the process. He took them both by the hand, holding on to Julie’s elbow, rather than her hand. He took them straight over to where Nick stood.

 

“Ok, you can look now." AJ said to his friend. Nick was weary. What crazy fan did he pick tonight? He turned around slowly, reluctantly. His shock was very clear. It quickly turned into a smile that lit his whole face. He embraced Kate, lifting her off her feet as he swung her around. Kate was elated. He did want to see her again. He set her back on her feet and they all went to get the girls sat down.

As they began to sing I'll never Break Your Heart, AJ took the rose and slid it down Julie’s cheek. She had seen the other fans sitting up here before, and they always blush. But none of them knew exactly how soft his lips really were. As soft as the rose petals that now caressed her cheek. Back behind her, Nick was so excited to have Kate in his chair. He played with her, leaning backwards over her knees, as if she was doing a dip with him. She ran her fingers thru his sweaty hair as he sang to her. Unlike the regular fans they brought on stage Kate wasn't shy about bantering back with Nick. She even sang along.

 

Toward the end of the song the guys walked their girls to the head of the stage and sang on bended knee. This was too much for Julie. When the guys stood back up she wrapped her arms around AJ and pressed her lips to his. Security was on their way to pull Julie off AJ but she had already realized she was in front of 20, 000 screaming fans. She blushed as she rushed off stage as fast as her sprained ankle would take her.
BSB sang Drowning and Incomplete before turning the stage over to NKOTB. As soon as the guys were off stage Nick text Kate.

 

"Is this Kate?"
"Yes."
"Why didn't you tell me you were going to be here?"
"It was Julie's birthday surprise." She said making an excuse.
"Will you wait for me after the concert?"
"Yes."
"I'll send someone to get you."
"Ok" Kate replies, "Oh and thanks."
"Thanks?" Nick asks curiously.
"I'll never forget the look on your face when you saw me."
Tears of happiness filled Kate's eyes.
"Baby you made my night! Gotta go see you soon."

 

It was like Nick was a whole new person for the rest of the show. Not that any of the regular fans would have noticed a difference but Kate and Julie noticed how he gravitated stage left.

After the concert Kate and Julie waited in their seats while the rest of the crowd started to clear out. The floor seats were almost empty when a big buff guy in a black security shirt, approached them.

 

"Is one of you Kate?" He asked in a deep baritone voice.
"I am." Kate replied.
"You and your friend are supposed to come with me."

 

He turned and started to walk to the head of the stage. He led the girls thru security and under the stage. After following him backstage he led them to a hallway of closed doors. Each door had a laminated paper taped to it. The top of each paper read NKOTBSB, underneath was written what the room was for. The first door was labeled, Quiet Room. The next said NKOTB. The guy passed that door and stopped in front of another one that said BSB. He knocked on the door. It took a moment, but when it opened, Brian was standing there, still dressed in his Orlando jersey.

 

 

 

"Sorry we didn't order any Girl Scout cookies."   He pretended to close the door on them then yanked it back open, laughing. “Or would it be a Betty Crocker cake?”

 

He started laughing again, the girls looking confused. “I heard you were dressed like Betty Crocker last night.” He teased as he laughed. Kate and Julie laugh with him before Julie replied.

 

 

 

“No. I was June Cleaver.”  He stepped back to allow them into the room, the door left open behind them.

 

Nick walked out of the bathroom in the back corner, a towel in one hands as he dried his hair. He had another towel wrapped around his lean waist. He looked up to see Kate and Julie standing in the doorway. He smiled big at Kate. As he stepped up to her, he leaned in as if to kiss her. Kate took a step back. Nick instantly had a look of confusion on his face.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

 

“You can’t just kiss me and expect it to all be okay.” Nick was even more confused now.

 

“What are you talking about?” Kate was actually getting mad.

 

“You act all happy to see me, but you didn’t once text or call me. You made me feel like last night was just a fluke. AJ at least checked to make sure Julie had given him her real number and to make sure she made it home okay. You never even bothered.”

 

“That’s because you were driving! I was trying to keep you safe.” Kate just scoffed.

 

“Julie sat right beside me. You could have sent a text and she could have replied for me.” Nick tried leaning in again; he wanted to whisper in her ear. Kate stood still as his lips came so close to her.

 

“Can I talk to you alone to tell you what really happened?” Kate had chills erupt all over her skin. He moved back, to be able to look in her eyes. The slate gray color she was so use to, had changed to a lighter shade of blue. Kate looked down at his toweled body.

 

“Umm. Do you wanna get dressed first?” Nick blushed, nodded, and hurried over to the clothing rack they had in the far left corner. He pulled a few items off hangers and turned to go into the bathroom. The girls turned to face each other and started laughed.

 

 

 

Behind them, AJ had stepped into the room, not letting the girls know he was there. He crept up to Julie, and shocked her when his lips met with her bare skin. Julie was wearing a black and pink NKOTB Breast Cancer tank top. She shoulders were bare, and AJ had found them enticing. She turned around, fully prepared to slap someone. Her hand was raised but stopped just before striking when she saw it was AJ. They both laughed at the situation.

 

 

 

“Why would you slap me?” he teased her.

 

“I didn’t think it would be you.” He looked at her funny.

 

“Who else would be kissing you?” She decided to be cruel.

 

“Donnie, maybe…” She regretted saying that as soon as it left her lips. AJ looked down.

 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” She placed her hand on his cheek. He looked back up at her.

 

“Donnie does remember you, by the way.” AJ said. Julie’s heart skipped. But she wasn’t sure why. As much as she wanted him to recall their kiss, she was so wrapped up in AJ now, it really didn’t matter anymore. “We were talking this afternoon, after huddle and he came up to me. All he said was ‘Chicago’. I looked at him confused. ‘That girl, June Bug. I kissed her in Chicago. That’s why she looked familiar.’ I just nodded and walked away.” Julie smiled at him. He didn’t see it; he was looking to the other side of the room. Julie put her hand on his cheek to force him to look at her.

 

 

 

“I don’t care,” was all she said. It didn’t matter anymore. She felt like she should be confused about it, but it all seemed right.  Without giving him warning, she wrapped the hand that had been on his cheek, around to the nape of his neck and pulled him to her. Their lips met, but in an awkward way. He hadn’t been expecting it, so it didn’t go like Julie had hope. He smiled at her gesture, wrapped his arms around her waist, and kissed her deeply.

 

 

 

He looked down at her breasts, the New Kids logo printed large across them.

 

“But you could have a New Kid if you wanted,” he said.

 

“I don’t want a New Kid. I just want you. AJ McLean. No titles, no fame. Just you.” Not caring that there were people in the room, AJ enveloped Julie, their bodies fitting so perfectly together. He kissed her with a passion he didn’t know he had. This was not a BSB fan. Julie was just a girl, and he was just a guy.

 

 

 

Nick returned to the room in a pair of black jeans and a white tank top with a blue button up shirt over it that was left unbuttoned. His eyes were a vivid blue now.
He took Kate's hand leading her out of the room.
AJ called after them, "Don't take too long we got we got a party to get to."
Julie smacked his chest, " I can't believe you just said that."
"What?" He says confused.
"Kate is not that kinda girl." She says adamantly.
AJ starts laughing, "Get your mind out of the gutter."
Julie thought about it and realized that AJ hadn't implied anything sexual.

Nick lead Kate down the hall to the quiet room. He opened the door and let her enter first. There were two couches in an L shape and a coffee table between them. Various instruments were scattered around the room. Kate went to sit on the nearest couch. She sat with her back against the high armrest, facing away from Nick. Her heart was hammering, she hated it when a guy said "We need to talk" . It never worked out for her. She tried to remind herself of the look on his face when he saw her on stage.
Nick locked the door so they wouldn't be disturbed and sat opposite Kate. She was trembling and wouldn't make eye contact with him

"Kate?" Nick said trying to get her to look up at him. She didn't look up. He reached over and carressed her cheek.

"I'm sorry Kate. I never meant to hurt you."

Still looking at her lap she nodded. She took a deep breath in resolve and stood up, walking to the door, leaving Nick on the couch. She fumbled with the lock because of the tears in her eyes. Before she could get it unlocked, Nick was right behind her.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Away! Don't worry I won't bother you anymore."

As she pulled the door open Nick pushed it closed.

"Please don't leave."

"Isn't that what you want?" Kate said, tears falling freely.

"No its not." He pulled her to his chest, feeling her trembling.

"Baby, I didn't bring you here to break up, I brought you here so I could apologize for being a jackass."
Kate pulled back in confusion. He continued, sincerity in his eyes.

"I"m an idiot. I should have called you last night. I just didn't want to admit my feelings for you. But when I saw you on stage tonight, there was no denying it."

"Why didn't you want to call? I thought we were having fun." Kate said.

"We were, I think that's what scared me. I"m sure you heard about my last relationship."

"No." Kate said honestly.

"No? I thought you said you were a fan."

"I am, but I'm not a stalker. I like you're music. And well I think your hot, but your private life is non of my business."

"Wow," Nick said amazed, "You are amazing, you know that?"

He lead her back to the the couch and sat facing her again. He held onto her hands, running a thumb across the back of her hands.

"I was engaged. I thought I had met the one but when it came down to it all she wanted was money and fame. I actually talked with her about taking some time off from BSB so we could start a family and she freaked out. I spend alot of time talking with Brian, AJ and Howie and came to realize that she wasn't good for me.So when you came along I freaked out. I'm sorry."

Kate couldn't believe it. Here was a guy she had known 24 hours and he was more honest with her than the last guy she had dated for a year.

"I thought I was just another fling. Or that you were hanging out with me for AJ's sake."

"No way I saw you first, remember."

She smiled remembering the way they had danced. He wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks.

"I'm not interested in you because you're a Backstreet Boy. I'm know I don't know alot about you but I'd like to get to know you better. The real you, not what's publicized about you. How about if we just take it one day at a time? No rush, No commitment just honesty."

Nick smiled at her, "I like that idea."

"And I promise never to ask you if I look fat." Kate said jokingly.
Nick laughed, "You look good to me. I like a girl with some meat on her bones."
Kate blushed. Nick leaned over to kiss her. He paused an inch from her lips, "Can I kiss you now?"

Kate leaned over wrapping her arms around Nick's neck pulling him into a deep kiss.

A knock on the door interuppted their kiss.

"What?'" Nick called.

"Come on. We need to get to the club before it closes," AJ called thru the door. Nick groaned, Kate laughed, pulling Nick back for a quick kiss. They head out and follow AJ and Julie to the shuttle.


At Club VooDoo, in the Power and Light District, the guys climbed out of the shuttle, heading into the club first. Kate had suggested that the guys go into the club without them so it didn't start more gossip. Kate and Julie followed one of the security guys through a different door, he handed them all access lanyards. Julie held hers up, looking at the picture of the four guys, in black and white. The bright red letters said the date, the venue, and ALL ACCESS in caps. She smiled big at Kate before they turned forward, into the club. The club was packed with BSB fans. The room was a basic rectangle shape with one long bar on the left as you looked at the procenium stage. Nick and Howie had already taken the stage. Julie scanned the area for AJ but didn't see him. The large security guy that had walked them in was still behind them. He leaned in, his headed in between Julie and Kate. He let the know that off to the right side was a blocked off area that only All Access people were allowed. Julie looked at Kate and they both nodded. That was were the needed to go. They took a few steps towards the area when Julie stopped. She turned to Kate.

"I need to go to the bar and get some ice first. I haven't iced my foot since yesterday and I can feel it swelling."
Kate offered to go get the ice, so Julie could get situated in the All Access area.
In the back corner away from the stage lights AJ was sitting at a table with 3 extra chairs. He smiled when he saw Julie limping towards him. He stood up holding her chair and helping her get comfortable.
"Where's Kate?" He asked.
"Getting me ice."
Kate walked up to the table and handed Julie a bag of ice. She sat on the other side of AJ so Julie could prop up her foot. They listen to the music for awhile. A waitress comes by to see if they need anything. The girls both order soda out of respect for AJ.

Nick took a break to come over to the table.
"Hey Beautiful." He said kissing the top of Kate's head, "Are you having fun?"
"I guess." Kate says unenthusiastically.
Nick laughs, "Tell me how you really feel."
"Sorry I'm just exhausted."
"Yeah," AJ says, " How did you get here so fast?"
"Drove." Kate replied yawning.
"You didn't drive all night, did you?"Nick asked concerned.
"Couldn't miss your next show could I?" Kate smiled sweetly.
"Have you had any sleep at all?" He asked.
"Yeah I slept for a couple of hours at the hotel before the show." Kate explained.

There was loud screaming coming from the fans. Julie and Kate looked around to see what the comotion was about.
"Let's get this party started." DDUB says onstage.
Donnie, Jordan and Joe had showed up to crash the party. They sang a few New Kids song and a few of their own singles.
"You know what I missed?" Kate said to Julie.
"No what?" Julie replied
"They didn't sing Big Girl Now at the concert."
"Well they didn't have Lady Gaga to perform with them."
"What are were talking about?" Nick asked.
" New Kids has a song called Big Girl Now." Julie explained, " But on the CD they are accommanied by Lady Gaga."
"Well they probably didn't add it to the mix if it has female vocals." AJ commented, "They would probably sing it tonight for you if you asked but they don't have a girl who could do that part."
" Oh I know a girl who could do that part." Julie said winking at Kate.
" Oh No!" Kate replied, "I"m not volunteering for that. Not sober at least."
"Wait, do you mean to tell me you sing?" Nick asked Kate.
Kate shrugged looking embarrassed.

Donnie came over to the table.
"Hey guys, Hope you don't mind us crashing your party." He said.
"Not at all." Nick replied "The more the merrier."
"Hey we have a request." AJ pipes up.
"Anything for you Cuz." Donnie replied.
"Well the girls want to hear Big Girl Now."
"Really?" Donnie says raising an eyebrow, "Only one problem. That song as a female solo."
"We already got that covered." Nick says putting his hands on Kate's shoulders.
Donnie looks suspiciously at Kate. "Well I don't know I'd have to see if Joe and Jordan want to do it."
"It's Ok." Kate said. "You don't have to."
Seeing Kate's humility about the song Donnie decided to try something. He took Kate's hand and lead her away from the table.
"Come with me," He said, then turning back to Nick "Don't worry I'll bring her back.

Kate followed Donnie outside to an empty alley.
"So do you really want to do this song?" He asked her.
"Only if you do." Kate replied.
"Do you mind if we practice?"
Kate shakes her head. Donnie started singing the chorus. Kate chimed in with Lady Gaga part. She was nervous as she began but she soon let loose and started singing normally. Donnie was impressed. He returned Kate to her table before going to talk to Jordan and Joe.

"So?" Nick asked, "Are you going to do it?"
Kate and Julie exchanged a look and burst out laughing. It took the guys a minute to follow the girls train of thought.
"Man! Are your minds always in the gutter?" AJ asked.
"Only when we have smokin hot guys nearby." Julie replied.
"Wait!" Nick said turning Kate to face him, "Yup green eyes."

Jordan started singing Let's go Higher.
"Oh its our song." Nick said, " You up for a dance?"
She smiled. He took Kate's hand and led her out to the dance floor.

AJ leaned over to Julie, "So Kate's a singer, what secret talents are you hiding?"
"Wouldn't you like to know." Julie teased.
He leaned over kissing her shoulder. Goosebumps broke out on Julie's arms.
Nick returned Kate to the table before heading on stage to sing. AJ excused himself to the restroom leaving Kate and Julie alone.
"So what happened?" Julie asked curiously.
"What? When?"
"When Nick took you to talk alone."
"Oh um..." Kate didn't know how much she should share. Julie was her best friend but this was Nick's personal life.
"He apologized for not calling. He had a bad break up and was scared."
Julie knew there was more than Kate was telling her but she also knew Kate well enough that if Kate didn't tell her it was because it wasn't her secret to tell.

Donnie and Joe walked up to the table.
"Well if it isn't June bug." Donnie said, "I didn't recognize you without your dress."
"What dress?" Joe asks.
"Last night they were in Minneapolis. June bug here was dressed like June Cleaver."
"Really." Joe said speculatively, "Does that mean you have dinner on the table and greet your husband with a kiss and a martini when he comes home?"
"Um no." Julie replied "First of all I'm not married..."
"Really?!" Joe said pulling out to sir down. He sat on Julie's bag of ice jumping back out of the chair. "Holy crap! That's the first time I got goosed by a bag of ice."
He picked up the bag moving it to the table. "Why's it here anyway?"
"It's for my foot." Julie explained.
Joe looked at her foot. Julie held it away from her chair where she had been protecting it.
"Ooo what'd ya do?"
"Sprained it."
"Mind if I take a look?" Joe asked.
Julie shook her head. He carefully unwrapped the ace bandage resting her calf across his leg.
Julie was nervous but Joe's fingers were gentle. As he pushed on the first pressure point she sucked her breath thru her teeth in pain.
"Sorry." He apologized but his fingers kept gently probing. Soon Julie was putty in his hands. The pain was gone, at least for now.
"Come on dude we gotta go." Donnie said.
Joe looked up to see Jordan paging them onstage. He gently set Julie's foot on the chair after he stood up.
"How'd you do that?" She asked.
He smiled down at her.
"A little trick I learned on Dancing With The Stars."
Donnie reached a hand out to Kate.
"Come on Pipes. Your up!" Donnie said
"Pipes?" Kate asked confused.
"Yeah cause you got a good set of pipes."
Kate looked suspiciously at Donnie. Joe starts laughing.
"DDub I swear you could come up with a nickname for everyone."
"That's not true. Only the ones I've met."
He smiles and leads them back to the stage. Kate checks her lipstick before following the guys to the stage. Julie gave her a reassuring smile.
"Good Luck!"
"This is your fault." Kate said over her shoulder.

AJ returned to the table.
"Sorry about that. Had to talk to security and get some things arranged."
"That's ok. Kate just left with Joe and Donnie to go sing."

Nick was onstage singing Just One Kiss off his new album when Kate stepped on the stage. Donnie had taken her hand escorting her behind the DJ table so security wouldn't stop her. He gave her a mic and showed her how to turn it on when it was their turn.
"Ok I'm going to intro the song then we'll start singing."
Kate nodded getting nervous. Jordan saw the stage fright in Kate's eyes.
"Don't worry you'll do great."
"Are you nervous?" Joe asked.
She nodded, "Nothing a shot of tequila won't fix."
Jordan grips her hand that isn't holding the mic. Joe disappears for a moment and returns with 4 shots of tequila.
He held up his shot in toast.
"To you debut."
The 4 of them clink glasses and down the shot. As the burn of the alcohol spread thru her, Kate could feel her breathing slowing to a more calm pace, although She didn't know if it was the tequila or a placebo effect of knowing she had taken one. She actually enjoyed the end of Nick's song, singing along with him.
Nick had seen Kate come on stage and knew that they were having her sing next. He had taken it upon himself to introduce the next song. After his song ended and the applause started to subside he pumped up the crowd.
"Is everyone having fun?"
Thunderous cheers surrounded them.
"Are there any Big Girls in the house?"
Again the volume level went thru the roof.
Jordan leaned into Kate speaking directly into her ear to be heard.
"What's you last name?"
"Reagan." Kate replied.
Jordan smiled to himself.
The guys moved around the table to the front of the stage Kate followed feeling more confident thanks to the tequila.
As the song started Nick had moved to the side of the stage to watch.
Kate transformed in front of his eyes. Suddenly she wasn't a quiet cowgirl. She was a performer and played her part well. She interacted with all 3 guys she was singing with and she sounded amazing.
Jordan loved it. He took the opportunity to bump and grind with Kate on stage.

When the song ended Kate tried to fade into the background but Jordan wasn't going to let that happen.
"Let's hear it for our guest singer and good friend Kate Reagan."
Donnie's head snapped to Kate. He stepped closer to her leaning in to speak into her ear.
"I knew there was a reason I liked you. How could not like a Reagan."
Kate blushed fully understanding his Blue Bloods reference.

The guys finally let Kate fade to the back of the stage. She wanted to return to her seat but couldn't see how she could get thru the crowd. Not to mention she had seen the looks of envy one the faces of some of the girls in the crowd and she really didn't want to get the crap kicked out of her because she was up here and they weren't.
Joe had slowed things down a little. He had grabbed a guitar and played Endlessly. Jordan sang harmony with him. The fans were waving their hands in the air in time to the music.

"I love this song!" Julie said.
AJ stood up holding a hand out to her.
"May I have this dance?"
She stood up and slow danced with him right by their table. He held her close as she pressed her cheek against his. She sang along softly in his ear.
"You know you have a good voice too." He complimented her.
She blushed, "You know he wrote this song for 9/11." She said trying to change the subject.
AJ studied her face.
"Julie will you stay with me tonight?" He asked simply.
She was taken off guard by his honest question. He wasn't asking her to sleep with him, he was asking her to keep him company. He looked so lonely it broke her heart.
"Yes." She replied.
He kissed her tenderly. As the song ended they headed back to their seats.
"Hey you're walking better." He noticed.
"Yeah I don't know what Joe did to it but it really helped."
"Joe?" He said pointing to Joe onstage.
"Yeah he said it was something he picked up on Dancing With The Stars. I don't know if he got hurt or just someone he knew but it feels a lot better."

Nick had helped Kate slip off the stage unseen. He brought her to the table.
"Hey bro, the guys want to do all in my head again. You game?"
He hesitated but Julie encouraged him.
"Please sing for me! I love your voice." She pleaded with him, batting her eyelashes at him.
"Ah how could you say no to that?" Nick said trying to convince him.
AJ sighs
"Ok for you." He said touching the tip of her nose with his finger.
She smiled as he followed Nick up on stage.

The guys sang All In My Head as their closing song. They all signed autographs and talked to the fans as the bouncers cleared the crowd out.

The girls waited for Nick and AJ to return for them. The 4 of them left thru the back door and got into the shuttle. Julie and AJ slid onto the first bench. Kate and Nick climbed into the seat behind them.
Kate snuggled up to Nick. He placed an arm around her holding her close. It wasn't far to the hotel but Kate had already starting to twitch as she fell asleep.
Julie was surprised when they pulled up to the Crowne Plaza.
"You remembered?" She asked AJ.
He smiled mischievously.
"What?" She asked suspiciously.
He pulled a key card out of his pocket.
"You got a room?"
"Two actually. Nick's staying as well." He replied.
Julie turned to see if Kate had heard what AJ said. Kate was out like a light, Nick was resting his cheek on the top of her head his eyes closed, a peaceful look on his face.
Julie turned back to AJ and sighed,
"They are so cute."
He looked over Julie's shoulder at his friend. He smiled at them and looked back into Julie's blue eyes. He couldn't resist kissing her softly as the driver pulled into the drop off for the hotel.
He and Julie climbed out. Nick looked up as the shuttle door opened.
"Hey baby we're here." he said quietly to Kate. Kate sat up yawning. Nick helped her out of the shuttle. The couples held hands as the rode the elevator to the 26th floor. Julie headed down to her the room she shared with Kate. She paused at the door and looked over at AJ.
"What?" He asked.
"Were you serious about what we talked about earlier?" she asked, worry in her voice.
"Yes, but you don't have to if you don't want to." He said honestly.
Julie smiled and put her key in the door.