- Text Size +


In my life, I've had a lot of dreams. Some of them even have come true. Amazing things, things I never would've believed possible. But of them all, I have never had a dream that I have prayed harder for than this dream I had last night. I dreamt of you. And I know if you're there, if you're reading this, that it was you I dreamt of; I saw you. You're beautiful, and I wanted you to know that.

I don't know what your life has been like up to this point or what you're going through or the things you've seen or will see in your life... And that's hard because more than anything else I want to be there to hold you and dance with you and experience life with you. I want to be the one who teaches you how to become the woman I saw in my dream. But even without me, you're still beautiful.

Now remember a few things, as you live this life, and go about dreaming your dreams.

Remember first of all that you are the answer to a prayer. You are not a mistake of any kind, but perfectly hand crafted by a loving God and given as a gift to the world.

Remember that you are precious and perfect, that no matter what you may see in yourself as a flaw, somebody somewhere sees it as one of your most beautiful qualities.

Remember that the world is full of people who are scared to live their lives to the fullest and try hard not to become one of them. There are no limits in this world, so long as you believe and do your best and throw your heart and soul into everything you do. Nothing is impossible; there is only varying degrees of imagination and dedication and the degree with which you apply yourself will make all the difference.

Remember that it's in the little things that you'll find the most joy and the most beauty. You don't need fancy cars and designer clothes and private jets with golden forks to fill your heart. Those things really mean nothing when you boil it all down because they cannot save you, and they cannot comfort you when your heart is broken nor give you the world when you need it most. They cannot love you. It's not in money nor fame that you'll be fulfilled but in finding that one special person - a friend, a lover, a family member, someone - who can break the mold that you were made in and help you become free.

Remember that love is the most powerful thing in the entire world. Treat it as such. Do not give it away frivolously, do not let it fade or pronounce it dead. Give it to the world, and it will give it back. Respect it and do it justice.

Remember that you are loved, no matter how alone you feel. If in the empty moments you cannot think of a single person whose love can give you strength, know that mine existed for you before you were even existing.

Sweet girl, know that I will forever love you, even though you cannot see me I am always there, always. And when you close your eyes and you feel the breeze, that's me giving you a warm hug, and a kiss on the cheek. It's me, reminding you that I love you.

When I dreamed of you, I awoke and I had a song in my heart - the words that I wanted to say to you when I saw you in my sleep. It's a silly song, a simple song. But if I were here, I would sing it to you every chance I got, to comfort you. I hope that you will hear it, that you'll like it. I hope that you will sing it often, and that the words will resonate inside of you and give you strength and give you confidence and bring you hope when you're in the darkest hours.



What is a life at the end of the song
What is hope when you're just holding on
To that last note... that hangs in the air
Tell me, what is life... cos all I know is it ain't fair

You're gonna see hard times, baby
You're gonna see hard times, my love
But even when you can't see me
I'm smiling down from above

Where is God when you feel this alone?
When you're helpless... and you have no home
No place to go... where they understand
What is life... when it doesn't go like you planned?

You're gonna see hard times, baby
You're gonna see hard times, my love
But even when you can't see me
I'm smiling down from above

Even when you can't see me...
I'm smiling down from above...

Oh... you're gonna see hard times
Cos that's just the way life goes
But just when you think you can't take it
When you've lost all your hope
I'll always be there

You're gonna see hard times, baby
You're gonna see hard times, my love
But even when you can't see me
Yeah, I'll always be there



I love you forever...
Daddy.