- Text Size +

Julie woke up with a massive headache. She had never had a hangover like this before. She did her morning cat stretches and slid out of the bed, not wanting to wake Alex. He looked so peaceful as he slept, the pillow curled up in his arms. She went into the bathroom and was reminded of the night before when she saw her ruined petticoat on the bathroom floor.

She looked over to the bathroom counter and saw the bottles with antibiotics and pain killers that sat beside the sink. She sat on the edge of the tub and recalled exactly what happened. She was resolved to make the bitch that shoved her, pay, if she showed her face on the boat.

Julie took one of each pill and washed her face. She was afraid of the possible pain to her head, so she skipped the shower. She was quiet as she dressed in capris and a light colored top. She went to check her phone but it wouldn't turn on. Then she remembered she'd tucked it in her bra for the party so it went in the pool with her. She took the battery out and set it on the counter to let the phone dry, hoping it would start working again at some point. She slipped back into the bedroom. The clock said 9am. She doubted Kate would be awake but she knew she needed to get out of the penthouse, even if only for a short time.

So she put on the barest of make-up, for her that was, and her light blue sandals, grabbed her purse and slipped out the door.

She stepped off the elevator to a lobby teaming with BSB fans getting ready to head over to the boat. There was a little restaurant just across the lobby. She was starving, but really didn’t want to have to walk around the crowd. She noticed that just out the doors, to her left, were tables and chairs that were associated with the restaurant. Julie headed to the glass doors.

Julie had barely sat down at a table when a server came to her. She quickly ordered a glass of orange juice while she looked over the menu. She ordered pancakes and eggs. She wished her phone was working. She was sure the others would be sleeping for a few more hours.

While she ate, she watched all the girls collecting in the lobby. They were interesting to watch. They were of all sizes and ages and nationalities. While she watched, a server, but not hers, stepped up to the table, with a note in his hands.

“Miss. I was asked to give this to you.”

Julie took it and opened it as he quickly walked away. The handwriting was small and neat. It could have been written by either a man or a woman. But what it said put knots in her stomach.

“I saw what happened last night and you should know, that was just the beginning. When the rest of the boat finds out about you, they will all be trying to crack your skull open.”

Julie looked around frantically trying to tell who sent it. There were faces that she caught their eyes, but that was all. She didn’t even see the server that had brought it to her.

At first she was scared, the pain in her head was a reminder of how crazy fans could get, and that was just Donnie. These were BSB fans, on a BSB cruise, and she was dating a BSB. Her fear quickly turned to anger.

She was not about to let someone ruin her weekend. The note made it sound like there were a lot of people that were gonna be after her, but really, it came down to one jealous person. And they might not even have it right. She had been dancing with Donnie when it happened. So they might not even know she was with Alex.

She started to crumple the note but then decided against it. She wanted to show it to Kate, just in case, so she tucked it in her purse. Julie took care of her bill and headed back to the elevator. She was so wrapped up in her anger over the note, she didn’t see the small crowd of girls headed her way.

“Oh my God, you’re okay!” one girl cried out, as they got right up to her. “We were all so worried. Are you still going to be able to go on the cruise?”

Julie turned to face the small group. They all were genuinely concerned for her. They saw her as just another BSB fan that got lucky enough to dance with Donnie and unlucky enough to have a drunk fan jealous.

“Thank you for your concern. Yeah. I’m okay. I got eight stitches in my head. But AJ was super cool and came to check on me. I am still going on the cruise,” she turned to another girl in the group, trying to play up the fan girl aspect. “Do you think he will remember me, when we get on the boat?”

“Oh, he better! He is my favorite and I can totally see him doing something nice like that. Maybe he will do something special for you at one of the events!”

The other girls started speculating what things could happen for Julie. She just smiled; glad she had planted this seed within them. Hopefully it would spread. If the crowds thought that AJ was just being nice, there wouldn’t be anything to worry about.


Julie stood with the girls for a while, getting to know their names. She hoped she could remember and see them on the boat later. She always seemed to make new friends and these ones were very nice.
When the pain in her head was beginning to get the best if her, Julie excused herself, explaining she needed to go take something for the pain. They all said their goodbyes and she quickly entered the elevator. Three other girls got in at the same time she did. Julie did not want them to see she was on the penthouse level, not since one of them had one a BSB tour shirt. So she picked the next highest level that was not lit up.

The three girls chatted about how they planned to get the attention of their favorite Boy. Luckily, none of them were after AJ. But the tiny blonde was going on and on about how she was planning on hooking up with Nick. Julie had to stifle a giggle as the blonde explained her plan. She was going to corner him, at some point, and her kisses were going to be all she needed to say.

When they got off the elevator and it began to move again, Julie was finally able to put her keycard in and select the penthouse level. She was getting tired and wished for a nap. So as soon she entered the room and saw Alex was still asleep, she stripped down to her undies and snuggled up against his back.

Julie breathed in the masculine smell of him. Her arm slipped over his chest and rested lightly across him. He had been so tired and it had taken him so long to fall asleep, he didn’t even realize she had left and just returned. It was already 11am, but he wasn’t ready to wake up and Julie was more than glad to go back to sleep for a little while.



Light flooded the room. Kate could see the light thru her eyelids. She knew the horses would be waiting for their breakfast. She opened her eyes and was a little disoriented. She was lying on her back, Nick's head was resting on her chest, his hand on her belly. She lay there quietly running her hand lightly up and down his bare back. She wished they could stay that way forever, but she knew better. There were thousands of fans waiting for him.

Nick stretched, her caresses gently waking him. He turned his head looking up at her.

"Good Morning, handsome." She smiled down at him.
"Morning." He smiled back.
He took a deep breath. The lingering smell of pheromones from their love making filled him.
He couldn't believe that they had fallen asleep still joined together. His ex never would have done that. She couldn't wait to wash him off her. He loved that about Kate. She was so laid back.

"What time do we have to be on the boat?"
He looked up at the clock. 11:00.
"Not till 3." He said.
Kate sighed.
"Penny for your thoughts." Nick said.
"Wishing I could just stay here with you all week."
He smiled. He wished that too.
"I still think we should just announce our relationship at the beginning of the cruise then there's no reason we can't just hang out the whole time."
"Not unless you want me to end up like Julie." She stated.
He definitely didn't want that. He wanted to protect her.

Kate moved out from under him to go to the bathroom. He watched her walk to the bathroom admiring the curves of her body.

She brushed her teeth and climbed in the shower. She was rinsing the shampoo from her hair when Nick joined her in the shower.
He smiled devilishly. Kate glanced down to see his erection. She laughed.
"You're incorrigible."
He pulled her into his arms kissing her. Kate had never enjoyed sex in the shower. She always had trouble balancing. But Nick easily lifted her off the floor pressing her back to the shower wall for leverage, his need for her driving him.

As they came together Nick dropped his head to her shoulder. Kate panted, her legs sliding back to the floor. Still she clung to him. Nick pulled them back under the water. They stood for a few minutes just holding each other lost in their own thought.
Kate rinsed off then stepped out of the shower so Nick could get cleaned up as well.

She dried off and slid into a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. She grabbed her phone and headed out to the living room.
She started to dial Julie's number then remembered her phone was dead. Instead, she picked up the hotel phone and asked for Julie's room.


The phone in the room rang, catching both Julie and AJ off guard. It was on his side, so he reached over to grab the receiver.
“Hello,” he said, still half asleep.
“Hey, It’s Kate. I can talk to Julie?”
“Um, yeah, But I think she is still asleep.” He rolled over to look at her. She was a wake, but barely. “Hey, babe. It’s Kate.” He handed her the phone, so glad it had a really long cord.
“Hey, girl. How are you?” Julie asked.
“I was gonna ask you that. I can’t believe you slept through breakfast.”
Julie sat up in the bed and looked over at AJ.
“Um, I didn’t. I have already been downstairs and eaten. I woke up a few hours ago. But I came back up and fell asleep. So what is the plan?”
“Well, is your cell phone still dead? Because if it is, we really need to find a Sprint store and get you a new one before we board. I know you can’t survive without it. Besides, how will AJ keep in contact?”
“Let me go check, hold on.” Julie set the receiver on the bed and ran to the bathroom. She put the battery back in and tried to turn it on. Nothing happened. She cursed under her breath. Kate was right. She would never survive. Julie went back to the bed and let Kate know.
“Ok. I googled the closest Sprint store, and you are lucky. There is one about 3 miles away.”
“Thanks. I guess I better get dressed and see if the hotel has a shuttle that can take me.”
AJ, overhearing her comments to Kate, raised one eyebrow in curiosity. Julie said goodbye to Kate and handed the phone back to AJ so he could hang it up.
“So, why do you need a shuttle?” he asked, as he climbed out of the bed and began to get dressed.
“Well, my phone died last night, when we went into the pool. And Kate pointed out that without a working cellphone, you and I won’t be able to keep in touch once we get on the boat. There is a Sprint store a few miles away, so I need to go in and buy a new phone and get it activated before we have to board.”

Julie got out of bed and put on the clothes she had discarded only an hour before. She moved around quickly, getting all her things packed. She needed to be completely ready. AJ saw her rushing and came up behind her.
“How about we slow things down a little. You are going to pop a stitch.”
Julie turned in his arms. He kissed her tenderly, his dark eyes showing how much he cared about her. She looked behind her, where she had been packing things up.
“But I won’t be coming back here after I get my phone. I will need to head to the boat. It leaves at 4pm and everyone downstairs said it is best to get checked in early.”
AJ laughed. She didn’t think it was funny, but she wasn’t seeing things from his perspective.

“Baby. The boat is not gonna leave without me. Okay. And if you are with me, they’re not gonna leave without you.”
“But that’s just it, you won’t be with me. I need to go get a new phone.”
He kissed her nose, running a hand gently down the side of her face.
“I am going with you, to get your phone. I gotta make sure my baby has only the best.”
She scowled at him. She had never been comfortable with him spending money on her. The fact that he had taken care of the cruise and her flight, was enough.
“No. You need to get to the boat. Don’t worry about me.” She tried to get out of his arms to finish, but he pulled her tighter.
“Damn it Julie. Of course I need to worry about you. I left you alone last night and look what happened?” His voice was filled with both concern and anger. It was then she decided not to let him know about the note.
She let out a deep sigh. She knew this was not an argument she would win. So she kissed him lightly and spoke against his lips.
“Fine, but we better go, now. I don’t want to miss the boat.”

Julie had to convince AJ to let her go first and get in the shuttle, and then he could come along. She really didn’t want the fans getting any ideas about them. Not yet. Before long they were at the Sprint store. The new iphone 4S had just been released to Sprint customers and Alex insisted she needed one. When she began to argue, he pointed out that he would have done it for any fan that had happened to. Julie tried to argue but he won out.
They got her new phone activated and were back to the hotel within the hour. AJ had been right, they didn’t need to rush. Julie had finished packing and sent a text to Kate.

JULIE: We are back. Got a new iphone. Are you ready to hit the boat?
KATE: Almost done. Meet you in the hall in 5. Told Nick we are going separate, but he says no.
JULIE: What do you mean?
KATE: We are going in the limo with them.
JULIE: Oh hell no
KATE: Good luck convincing him otherwise.

Julie had lost again. Things were not going her way today. The guys did agree to go down first and were already in the limo. They had the driver go around the block then go back to pick up the girls.
No one seemed to notice it was the same limo. Kate heard whispers about who they were that they were leaving in a limo. Kate was smiling as she sat next to Nick on the side seat.
"What's so funny?" AJ asked.
"Oh, those girls out there, speculating on who we were since we were riding in a limo."
"Well, you must be important, after all the I hear the Backstreet Boys left in a limo exactly like this one." Nick laughed.
The rest of them laughed as well.

As the limo pulled up to the dock, Kate was in awe. She had never seen a boat this big up close. She felt like Rose walking up to the Titanic. She just hoped it wouldn't sink.
She followed Julie out of the limo after kissing Nick goodbye. A valet helped them get their bags on board and showed them to their room.

The suite was luxurious. It had a living room area with a couch and a couple of chairs. The king size bed was covered with a mauve colored bedspread. Their room had a tv and a small fridge. The bathroom had a single stall shower and a jet tub.
The girls fell in love with the room instantly. Although they knew they wouldn't be spending too much time there. Their itinerary was lying on the bed as well as their all access passes.
Julie began reading thru the itinerary as Kate opened all the cupboards, exploring.
Julie's phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out to check the text.
"The guys are on board," Julie told Kate. "AJ just twittered the party could now start, he is here.”
"I'm glad we're missing that bunch of screaming girls," Kate replied. They both laughed.

Her own phone buzzed a minute later.
NICK: Hey baby! How's your room?
KATE: Its beautiful thank you.
NICK: I told them to stock it like they did mine so feel free to eat and drink everything. It’s all included in the cruise.
KATE: Wow!

Kate relayed the information to Julie. Julie read to her some of the itinerary.
"OMG! They are having a karaoke contest! You have to enter." Julie squealed excitedly.
Kate looked doubtful.
"Come on, I'll enter too. Even if we don't win at least we get to sing a little."
"If we have any voices left after screaming at the concerts."
"Well, we just won't scream as loud," Julie said matter of factly. “They already know we love them, no need to out scream everyone else trying to get their attention.”
“Very true,” Kate agreed.
“So, wanna go be Jack?” Julie asked, rubbing her hands together in an evil scientist way.
“Go be Jack?”
“Yeah. In Titanic, when they boat took off, Jack was waving goodbye to the people on the pier, even though he didn’t know anyone.”
“Nice. I think, though, I would rather not go where all the screaming girls are,” Kate pointed out.

The girls changed into empire waist summer dresses. They were light and flowing, and hid Kate’s baby bump. They decided to go explore the boat, but avoided the crowded areas.


They walked up and down the hallways, watching girls decorating their doors with pictures, notes and other funny things. They were so glad they were not going to need to do that.

They found the pools and where the karaoke was going to be. When they saw crowded areas, they went the other way. The boat was finally in open waters and they both found their sea legs without any problems. It was already after 6pm and it was 80’s night. Julie suggested to Kate they go ahead and start getting ready. She wanted to get into the main events area early enough to secure Kate a table.