- Text Size +

Julie dressed quickly since her outfit was really simple. Really short cut frayed daisy duke denim shorts and a red top that only had three buttons and tied underneath her bust making her boobs really stand out. She added her red heels. She had on a light colored wig cap and was applying her make-up when Kate knocked on the bathroom door.

Julie opened the door and Kate burst out laughing. Without the wig on yet, Julie looked a little like a drag queen. Her black eyeliner was thick and her lips were fire engine red.

“Sweetie, how is this 80’s?” Kate asked.
Julie smiled at her as she put the beautiful honey blonde wig on. As her best friend, she would know her anywhere, but the girl in front of her was not Julie. She would never have been able to pick her out in a crowd.

“Hold on just a second,” Julie said, stepping around Kate and heading to her suitcase. She pulled a plastic, yet realistic looking cherry pie from her suitcase. “Remember when we use to go to the 80’s club in Denver, HeartThrob’s? There was a song we always got down and dirty to. ‘Cherry Pie’ by Warrant.”

Kate just shrugged. She didn’t recall the song. Julie sighed.
“’She’s my cherry pie’” Julie sang. “I can’t believe you can remember it.”
“Sorry. I’m sure if I heard it, I might recall it.”

Julie ran to her new iphone and pulled up the song. She played the little bit of sample music itunes offered. Just a taste, to help her remember. Kate burst out laughing.

“I take it that is what the girl in the video wears?”
“Exactly! AJ and the guys are doing the hair band look, so I decided to be the hair band bitch.”

They both laughed for a few minutes.

“So my plan is, I am gonna ditch you at a table for a few minutes and go find AJ so I can completely flirt with him.”

“But he’s not gonna recognize you,” Kate pointed out.
“I’m hoping not.”
“Oh… that is low.”
“I don’t mean for it to. He wants a secret love affair this weekend, I am gonna give it to him.”

Julie helped Kate get dressed in her 80’s gear. They decided she should go with the pop 80’s look. They crimped her hair and pulling the front into a side ponytail. She wore black leggings with lace at the cuff that ended mid-calf. Over that was a multi-tiered lace skirt that hid her baby bump. She had on a black tank top and an oversized teal tee shirt with the neck cut out so it hung off one shoulder. They added a lot of colored bracelets on one wrist.

Julie did Kate’s make-up with blue and pink eye shadow and hot pink lips. She even wore oversized white hoop earrings. Kate was so glad to have her wedge heels. They grabbed their all access lanyards, but kept them hidden away. They didn’t want to use them unless they really needed to.

As they stepped out, Leighanne was leaving her cabin at the same time. She went right to Kate and gave her a big hug. She was dressed just like Debbie Gibson, jean jacket with buttons, short jean skirt and yellow high tops.
Not knowing who she was, Julie turned to Kate. Kate laughed.

“This is Leighanne, Brian’s wife.”
Julie felt so stupid. She should have known. Leighanne looked as confused at Julie. Kate looked at Julie as well.

“Leighanne, this is Julie.”

Leighanne turned her head this way and that way, trying to see Julie in the tramp in front of her. She looked back at Kate.

“Are you sure?”

They all started laughing.

“Yeah, it’s me. I am hoping AJ doesn’t recognize me, but I think you just proved that he won’t."


Julie went on to tell Leighanne about her idea of getting close to AJ and flirting with him. But they all knew that if he saw her with Kate, he would know right away it was her. So Leighanne offered to keep Kate company while Julie went after AJ.
They all walked towards the ledo deck together; talking about the things they had to do on the cruise.

Once they got to the deck, they split and went separate ways. Leighanne and Kate headed to the VIP area, which was another deck up higher. There were tables and chairs there for them to sit as well as a separate bar. They two of them went to get sodas and sat, talking all about babies and what to expect.

Julie tried to make her way through the screaming fans. Three of the guys had come in. AJ and Nick were up on the bar, passing out free shots to the girls that were close enough. Not afraid to do a little pushing and shoving, Julie finally made her way up to the bar. She was in between Nick and AJ, not able to move either direction.

Julie happened to look over at Nick. He was being sexy and licked the rim of one of the glasses. All the girls around her were reaching high, trying to get him to give them the glass. She was the only one not reaching up. She was still glancing his way when his eyes locked with hers. She knew right away he didn’t realize it was her. He pointed to her and handed her the shot.

Not wanting to give herself away, Julie downed the shot, making sure to use the part of the rim he had not licked. She felt like it would be wrong on so many levels. When she tried to set it on the bar, the girl beside her picked it up and held on to it tight, Julie had to fight not to laugh.

Julie turned her eyes to AJ,

waiting for him to see her. He was flirting with the girls in front of him. They were not budging as she tried to move just a little to the right. They all were fighting for his attention. He had his trademark glasses on, but Julie could still see his eyes. Barely, but enough to see where his eyes were. He turned towards her and she held her breath, hoping he looked at her.

Even though she could have him anytime, it was kinda thrilling to be acting like one of the fangirls, fighting to get his attention. He looked briefly at her, then shook his head, as if trying to push away a thought. He kept handing out shots.

He took a step left, bringing him just a little closer to Julie. Another shot was handed to him to pass out, but instead of handing it directly to a girl, he took a sip before it left his hands. Knots began to form in Julie’s chest. He had been sober for almost a year and here he was, on the boat for only a few hours and he was already succumbing to temptation. It made her wonder what else could happen.

When we went to hand out another shot, she finally reached her hand out. He looked right at her and smiled, but he handed the shot to the girl beside her, not even breaking eye contact. Julie held her breath for the briefest moment, worried he had known all along it was her. But he looked away and was handed another shot.

Three more were passed out before he took another step to the left. He now stood right in front of Julie. She reached up again and tried to scream above the others.

“AJ, look at me!”

She was surprised that he did. Julie didn’t want to smile, because she knew that would give her away. So she held up her pie and mouthed the words to him.

“Wanna slice of my pie?” She was trying to insinuate something other than food to him. He caught her meaning and he smiled at her, but not his normal smile. It was like he was trying to be nice, but not caring.

“Maybe later, darling,” was all he said to her before going back to passing out shots. Julie smiled. He didn’t know it was her and he didn’t really flirt back. She worked her way out of the crowd and headed over to Kate and Leighanne.

"So, how'd it go?" Kate asked when Julie took the chair next to her, setting her pie on the table.
"Well, he didn't recognize me." Julie said.
"Ok. I'm confused. I thought that's what you wanted?" Kate asked.
"Yeah, but..."
"But what?"
"He took a shot," Julie said, a crease across her brow.
"That's not good," Leighanne said as she pulled out her phone and sent a text.

LEIGHANNE: Hey, babe. Would you go get the guys off the bar? I think it's too much of a temptation. Thanks.

She hung up her phone, looking over at Julie and Kate.
"Brian's going to go get them."

They watched as Brian pushed his way thru the girls to Nick and AJ, two bodyguards in tow, in case the girls wouldn’t let them through.

"Hey, man! We gotta show to put on! Let's go!" he said, effectively pulling them away from the bar without anyone knowing there was a problem.

Julie relaxed as she watched Brian usher them off to the stage to meet Howie.
"Julie, I would recommend not mentioning to him what you saw, but keep an eye on him," Leighanne commented.
"I just don't want to see him getting bogged down in that again," she said concerned.
"None of us do," Leighanne replied.

Kate was concerned for Nick too. She didn't want to voice her concern since Nick hadn't had a drink as far as she knew but there was a lot of temptation this week.
As the 3 of them watched the concert from above, Kate pulled out her phone but kept it hidden under the table. She text Nick knowing, he was onstage and wouldn't get her text till later.

KATE: I'm realizing that there are a lot of temptations on this boat. Please remember I love you and am here for you if you need me.

She put her phone away. As she watched them perform, she regretted the text she had sent. It would probably just make him mad. He'd probably think she didn't trust him. The more she worried about it the worse she felt.
Julie looked over at her to make a comment about how the guys looked in their Sphynker costumes, but saw that Kate wasn't looking so well.
"You feeling okay?" Julie asked.
"Just a little sea sick," she said, making an excuse. "I think I'm going to go lay down."
"Do you want me to walk back with you?" Julie offered.
"No, I'm fine. Stay and enjoy the show," Kate said.

Kate walked back toward the room, the cool salt breeze calming her. She decided to sit in a deck chair and look out over the ocean. She actually found the slight rock of the boat peaceful and was soon asleep.

The guys only sang three songs before they took a break. The songs were ‘Just Want You To Know’, Hologram’, and ‘Helpless’.  Kate had just left when the DJ took over for a while, spinning songs from the 80’s. Nick, Brian and AJ made their way up the stairs to the VIP area. Julie had been watching them and had seen them coming so she moved over to the side. Leaning slightly over the railing on the opposite side of the stairs, Julie was sure AJ wouldn't see her face.

As soon as AJ passed her, she walked up behind him. He stopped at the table where Leighanne sat, looking for Julie and Kate, since Brian had said they were all together. As he was about to say something to Leighanne, Julie moved up behind him. In one swift movement, Julie had her hands slipping in between his arms and side, her arms snaking around his chest, her breasts against his back. She hiked up her left leg around his waist, the heel of her red shoe just a breath away from his manhood. She leaned in close and whispered in his ear, in a southern belle accent.

"Why, Alexander James McLean. You have been a very naughty boy."
He pushed her foot down and peeled her hands off his chest. He turned around, looking a little angry.

"I am really not interested," he said. It was then he noticed the cherry pie on the table by Leighanne. He looked back at Julie and shook his head.
Julie smiled and started laughing. It was apparent he was still fighting with himself about who this was, but her smile and laughter had been the key.

"Oh my God, baby. I didn't realize it was you."
"I know. So, do you want some of my pie now?"

They both laughed. He pulled her in close, kissing her deeply. He was right about his outfit though, he was sex on a stick in the tight yellow and black tiger print spandex jumpsuit. It had been so long since he had hair that even he looked different.

“Tell me about that pie,” he teased.

Leighanne picked it up and tapped it on its side on the table.

“Um, Alex, sweetie, it is plastic,” she said, not knowing that was not what they were actually talking about. Julie blushed deep red. He would have loved to take her back to the room then, but he had to get back on stage with the guys. He kissed her lightly before getting a red bull at the bar and heading back.


Julie stayed for the whole concert and party. Leighanne had left after the concert. Julie had kept her distance once she went down into the crowd, but still watched AJ. He didn't have anything other than the one Red Bull and water for the rest of the night. She started to wonder if she'd really seen him take a drink.

When she finally made her way back to the cabin it was almost one in the morning. The guys were still going strong but Julie knew she would need sleep if she was going to survive the cruise with late nights each night.

Julie had tried texting Kate a couple of times after the concert to see if she wanted to join her in to dance, but didn't get a response. She wasn't too concerned. Kate was probably asleep and didn't hear her phone.

When Julie opened the door to their cabin, she slipped in quietly so she wouldn’t wake Kate, not bothering to turn on any lights until she stepped into the bathroom and closed the door. She changed into PJs, turned off the light before opening the door and went to climb into bed.

Her heart almost stopped when she realized Kate wasn't there. The bed was still made. There was no sign of Kate having been there since they had left for the party.
She grabbed her phone and quickly called Kate. It went to voicemail. She tried a couple of more times, her heart beginning to pound wildly. She was so scared, so she called AJ.

"Hey beautiful. What happened to you? I didn’t see you at the party."
"Alex, can you call Nick for me?" There was panic in her voice.
"I don't need to. He's right here."
"Is Kate with him?"
"No, why?"
"She said she was coming back to the room. But she's not here.”
"Maybe she got lost and you just beat her back."
"She left before the concert was over, hours ago." Julie was shaking and tears were welling up in her eyes. All she could think about was the note tucked in her purse.
"Ok, we'll look for her. Have you tried her cell?"
"Do you think I'd be bugging you if I hadn't?" she said angrily.
"Hey, baby. Calm down," AJ said trying to sooth her but not happy with the attitude she was giving him.
"Sorry, but where is she?"
"Honey, it's a big boat. She could have stopped for food or she might have made some new friends and lost track of time. Don't worry. We'll find her. What is she wearing?"

Julie described her outfit and set out to look for Kate.
AJ told Nick that Kate was MIA. He immediately dialed Kate's number. It went to voicemail so he tried again.
This time she answer, sleepily.
"Hey, handsome."
"Hi, beautiful. Where are you?"
"I'm on a boat in the middle of the ocean, where are you?"

Nick smacked AJ's arm getting his attention. He whispered to AJ to call Julie back and let her know Kate was ok. AJ nodded.

"Any idea where you are on the boat?" Nick asked.
Kate looked around. It was dark out. She knew she was in a deck chair and she could hear and smell the ocean.
"Not really. I think I fell asleep in a deck chair."
"Ok, I'm going to come find you. Can you describe what's around you?"

Kate described the distance light moving from her left to right. He knew she was on the starboard side. She also told him she hadn't changed decks since leaving the party.
It wasn't too long till he found her. The area was completely deserted. He sat on the end of her chaise.
"You know you had Julie worried," he said.
"I know. She's been yelling at me on text," she said sheepishly.
"Well, don't scare me like that, ok."
"Ok."
"Oh yeah. I got your text," he said.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have sent that."
He put a hand on her leg to stop her.
"You have nothing to worry about. The only girl I want is you. Ok, both of you." He said touching her stomach.
Kate smiled nervously, "That wasn't the only temptation I was thinking of."
"What were you thinking of?"
"Well, when you guys were on the bar handing out shots..."
"Yes..."
"Well Julie was down there and she saw AJ take a shot."
"Really?" he said surprised. "Well baby you don't need to worry about that with me. I don't plan on drinking anymore, ok?"
Kate nodded looking at her lap. He pulled her chin up.
"I'm serious. My focus is about us and my health. I'm not drinking."
He pulled her into his arms. It was then he realized that her skin was cold to the touch. He rubbed her back to warm her up.
"Come on let's get you to bed."

He helped her up and held her hand as they started back towards their rooms.
"So what does your schedule look like tomorrow?" Kate asked.
He sighed, thinking thru his schedule.
"Going to hit the gym in the morning before I have some games to ref and some pool time. I'll email you my schedule."

As they rounded the corner, Kate could hear voices so she dropped Nick's hand. Nick stopped to sign autographs and talk with fans. Kate continued ahead to the next turn then waited for him to catch up.

She was wide awake by the time they made it back to her room. Since Kate's room was in the VIP hallway, the whole hall was blocked by security so no one could go down without a lanyard.
Nick had stopped to distract the fans while Kate slipped into the VIP area. When she reached her room Julie flew to her, pulling her into a tight hug.
"I was so worried."
Kate noticed AJ was sitting on the edge of the bed. He was fully dressed but Kate still raised one eyebrow.
"Did I interrupt something?" she teased.
Julie smacked her arm.
"No. He came to calm me down. I was a wreak."
AJ stood up to leave but Kate stopped him.
"Nick is out there distracting the fans so now isn't a good time for you to switch rooms. I'm going to go take a long relaxing bath with my earbuds in, so if you guys want to..." She made a twirling motion over the bed.
Julie blushed, pressing her lips together. AJ laughed and wrapped an arm around Julie's waist.
Kate gathered her PJs and headed into the bathroom. She ran a bubble bath and soaked listening to Nick's love songs.

AJ moved himself to the head of the bed propping himself up. He patted the bed next to him for Julie to join him. She walked around the bed crawling up next to him. She rested her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in tight.
"Do you feel better now?" He asked.
She nodded.
Now that Kate was safe, she could feel exhaustion creeping thru her as the adrenaline wore off.


Kate opened the bathroom door. She figured AJ would have left by now, but she was wrong. AJ and Julie were snuggled up on the bed fast asleep. She shook her head. She wasn't really tired since she'd just had a 4 hour nap. She grabbed her book and left Julie a note that she was going to go find something to eat.

She wandered around till she found the banquet room. She was surprised to see that she wasn't the only one eating at three in the morning. She filled a plate from the buffet and sat at large round table. She sat for a while picking at her food and reading her book.
"May we join you?"
Kate looked up to see two women about her age standing in front of her.
"Of course," Kate said.
As the girls sat down they introduced themselves.
"I'm Lauren and this is Tessa."
Lauren was tall and athletic with shoulder length dark brown hair. She had bright blue eyes that reminded Kate of Nick's.
Tessa was shorter. She had long dark hair that fell in waves to her butt.
"Are you enjoying the cruise?" Tessa asked.
"Yes, this is my first cruise. How about you guys?"
"So much fun!" Lauren said excitedly.
Tessa seemed lukewarm about it.
"What's wrong, Tessa?" Kate asked.
"Not really into BSB. I was an N'Sync girl."
Kate smiled.
"Hey, it's still a cruise." Lauren said.

The girls laughed and talked getting to know each other.
"So who's your favorite Backstreet Boy?" Kate asked.
"Well, of the ones here, I'd say Nick but I always liked Kevin. What about you?" Lauren replied, looking right at Kate.
"Oh, I love Nick. His voice makes me melt. How about you Tessa?"
"Um, I guess I'd have to say Howie."

They talked about the concerts and events coming up on the boat.
"I want to do the karaoke contest but I can't talk Lauren into it." Tessa pouted.
"Why do you have to talk Lauren into it?" Kate asked.
"Cause the contest is called Backstreet Babes and you have to have 4 or 5 people." Tessa explained.
"Oh, I didn't realize that. Hm, well maybe the 4 of us should be a group." Kate suggested.
"Um, Kate there are only 3 of us," Lauren said.
Kate laughed, "I was including my friend Julie. She's sleeping."
"Ooo, that sounds great!" Tessa said, "So, what should we sing?"
"Well, what if we meet here for brunch about 11 and we can figure it out."
"Sounds good to me!" Tessa said.

They all headed back to their rooms to get a few hours of sleep.
Kate opened the door to find Julie alone in bed. AJ must have woken up and slipped out because Julie was still on top of the covers.
Kate pulled down the covers on her side of the bed and was soon asleep.