- Text Size +

Julie opened her eyes as the sunlight filled the room. She listened to Alex’s deep breathing, inhaled in his scent. Her body was deliciously sore. They had more than made up for the time they hadn’t been together. She didn’t want to move, she could have stayed there forever. But she needed to get up and get a shower.

She very carefully slid out of the bed and found her pajamas and room key. She dressed in silence, but something didn’t feel right. She couldn’t put her finger on what it was. With as little noise as possible, she slipped out of the room. Not sure if Kate was still in bed or not, she used the same ninja skills to open the door without a sound. She was actually relieved when she found the room empty and untouched. She knew Kate would be with Nick.

It wasn’t until Julie was in the shower that she realized why she felt so funny. The boat wasn’t moving. She dried off and wrapped a towel around herself before going to the window. Sure enough, they had docked.

Julie dressed in a white flowing summer dress, and white sandals. She brushed her hair out and put it up in a ponytail. She put on the barest make-up and grabbed her phone and ALL ACCESS pass. She remembered she had bought a small hand purse for the day they were docked. She put her pass and room key in her little purse, along with her wallet.

She sent out a few texts, hoping someone else was awake.

JULIE: Katy, heading to breakfast. We need to go shopping on the island so hurry up and wake up.
JULIE: Tessa, are you up? I am starving and don’t want to go to breakfast alone.
JULIE: Lauren. Wake up Tessa and come have breakfast with me… please.
JULIE: Alex, I love you. See you on the beach later. Don’t forget, I am one of your opening acts.
She put her phone in her purse and headed out the door to breakfast. But she didn’t get far. There were two security guys at the entry to their hallway. One of them was very tall, with black hair that was possibly to his shoulders, but pulled back into a ponytail at the nape of his neck. The other guy was about Julie’s height, with mouse brown hair and a young face. The tall man stepped over, blocking Julie’s way from leaving the hallway.

“I am sorry, Miss Flynn. But we were told you were not allowed to leave the secure area unless you had someone with you.”
Julie stood there a moment, not quite sure she heard him right. She cocked her head slightly to the side before she spoke.
“And who told you I couldn’t leave?” she asked.
“Head of security, Miss Flynn.”
Julie smiled a sweet smile at him.
“Well, that’s nice and all, but unnecessary. I am just headed to breakfast.”
“I am sorry, Miss Flynn. But we have orders.”
Julie tried to keep her calm, but she was getting irritated. She took a deep breath and pulled her phone out of her purse. No one had replied to her text and if she didn’t eat soon, she was going to get really cranky. She looked back up at the guys.
“Well, none of my friends have texted me back and I need to eat. So either let me past, or one of you can come with me. Either way, I am going to breakfast.”
The younger guy started laughing. He looked at the tall guy before replying.
“Dev, she is all yours. Besides, how often do you get to go have breakfast with a beautiful girl?” He gave the guy a slight shove, as if trying to get him to go, but he stood his ground. He looked between Julie and the other security guy.
“I don’t think that was part of the detail,” he said quietly.
“Guys, I don’t want to get you into trouble, but really. I don’t need anyone to watch me eat. Just let me past, and no one will know.”
“I really am sorry, Miss Flynn. But we have orders.”
He turned his back to her, but still blocked the way. Julie huffed. Now she was mad.

She didn’t want to take it out on the one person who really cared about her, but this was ridiculous. Since she didn’t have a key to his room, she went to AJ’s door and banged on it hard. The noise Julie was making caused another door to open, just as AJ was getting his opened. Kate was across the hall, sticking her head out of Nick’s room.

“Jewels? What’s wrong?” Kate asked, before AJ had a chance to say anything.
“Damn security won’t let me leave unless I have someone with me. I just want to go to breakfast!”
Kate laughed. She knew how cranky Julie could be if she didn’t eat something right after waking up. She looked over her shoulder to talk to Nick, while Julie turned to face AJ.

“Baby. I just want you to be safe. Besides, you and Kate are inseparable, so I didn’t see there being any problems. I'm sorry.” He opened the door further, trying to get her to come in. She wasn’t mad at him, just the situation, but she stood where she was.
“Julie, give me just a few minutes and we can go down there together, okay?” Kate asked. Julie just nodded and stepped into AJ’s room. He shut the door and she sat on the edge of the bed.
“Why did you leave and not wake me up?” he asked.
“You needed to sleep. I could tell you were exhausted by the way you were breathing.”
He smiled before kissing her. She was looking out for him when he was trying to look out for her.
“Well, please keep close to Kate today. Are you planning on going ashore?”
Julie tried not to laugh. Of course she was going ashore. The girls were opening for them tonight, as part of the karaoke contest. She smiled at him and kissed his nose.
“Alex, I will be fine. I think you are over reacting to this whole thing. I am sure it will all blow over soon.”
He looked at her, raising one eyebrow. It didn't seem like overreacting last night but then she was completely sober now and the sun was shining, chasing away all the bad dreams.

There was a knock at the door. AJ moved to see who it was and was happy to see Kate standing in the hallway. Kate was wearing a black Hawaiian dress that tied around the neck.
“Breakfast, then?” she asked.
“Please!” Julie replied.
Julie gave Alex one more kiss before heading out the door. She stopped just as the door was closing and looked back at him.
“See you on stage,” she whispered.

Kate and Julie had just gotten seated with their food when Tessa and Lauren came into the dining hall, both still in their jammies from the party the night before. Kate waved at them to join them at their table. The two girls went to get food then sat down. Kate explained to Tessa and Lauren, the ideas her and Julie had come up with.

In Nassau, there was a shop called The Girls of Brazil. It was just off of Legendary Bay Street. Julie had googled on her phone to find a shop that might have what they needed. Because of all of the colorful festivals they had through-out the year, in Nassau, there was a place they could get costuming supplies. Kate had suggested trying to get red contacts and Julie thought about vampire teeth. Both of which could be found in that store.
Even though Lauren and Tessa were barely awake, this got them all excited. They put in their two cents about what they should wear.

Julie had to remind them all though, that Kate still didn’t know the choreography, so they still needed time to teach the dance to Kate. They decided to head ashore and check out the city first so they could return to the boat to rehearse and get ready.

As they walked along the pink sidewalks, past the beautiful trees and the charming lampposts, the girls were laughing about how fate had brought them all together. When they got to the shop ‘Girls of Brazil’, they were blown away by all the colorful costume pieces they had. They had no problem finding part of what they needed. The girls had decided they should wear something red as well. Julie already had her red Cherry Pie top she could wear with skinny jeans and her red heels and Tessa pointed out that almost everything she brought was red. Kate was hoping to find something at the shop that would work for her. She checked out different styles of red shirts but she knew what she wanted. She was looking for a red jacket. Nick had worn one in the video ad since she was singing his part she wanted one too. She knew it was silly but she couldn't help it.

As they walked around, Julie’s heart stopped. In front of her was a rack full of petticoats, in every color imaginable, including red. She reached out for the red one, pulling it to her chest like a child with a teddy bear. She had been devastated when her petticoat had been ruined after the pool incident. She knew she had to get it.

A very flamboyant salesman approached Kate.
"Can I help you find anything?" he asked.
"Do you carry red contacts, by chance?" Kate asked.
"Red? Let me check."
He returned from the back room with 2 vials.
"Yes I do!" He said excitedly.
"Great! Do you have 3 more pairs?"
He smiled, "Is this a vampire cruise?" He asked.
"No, we are just performing a Backstreet Boys song tonight and in the video they were vampires." Kate explained.
"OMG! They are performing here tonight! I can't wait to go see them." He exclaimed.
"Well then you'll see us too. They are having a singing contest and the finalists perform before BSB."
"OMG! This is awesome! So that means you’re going to need vampire teeth too. I got just the thing."
He opened a glass case pulling out a little coffin shaped box. Kate saw two little vampire teeth in the box.
"How do they work?" She asked.
He opened the box to show her.
"You heat these little plastic beads till they melt together then pour in into the tooth and push it over your tooth as the plastic cools it molds to your teeth so it looks natural."
"These are awesome!" Kate said excitedly hugging the guy.
She called the other girls over to show them her find.

As they all made their purchases, Kate looked around the store disappointed.
"What's wrong?" Julie asked.
"I wanted a red jacket." Kate said. She still hadn't found a shirt to wear, although they were going to continue shopping.
"Sorry, did you say you were looking for a jacket?" the salesman asked.
"Yeah. I want a red one." Kate told him.
He pulled out a business card and gave it to her.
"My cousin has a leather shop. Tell him I sent you. And he'll give you a good deal."
They all smiled and thanked the guy as they headed out of the shop. Kate turned around.
"I'll be right back." She told the girls.
She walked back into the shop.
"Back so soon?" He asked.
"Yeah I just wanted to say thanks again."
"You’re welcome."
"And I know that you like BSB."
He nodded.
"Can you keep a secret?" She asked
His eyebrows went up. She pressed her hand to her stomach revealing the curve of her belly.
"Nick and I are expecting." She told him.
He grabbed her and hugged her
"OMG! I am so happy for you! I didn't even know he was dating anyone."
"Yeah well, we haven't gone public yet so I'd appreciate it of you'd keep it to yourself," she said.
"On one condition," he said, trying to be serious.
"What?" Kate said.
"Can I touch your belly?"
She laughed and let him rest his warm hands on her belly.

When she returned to the girls she was glowing.
"You told him didn't you?" Julie accused.
"Told him what?" Tessa asked.
Kate blushed.
"That your pregnant?" Lauren asked.
"Yes, I told him." Kate confessed. Julie knew she meant more than just the pregnancy.

As they headed to the leather shop Kate's phone buzzed. She pulled it out to check her texts.

NICK: Hey baby, are you in the island?
KATE: Yes
NICK: Do you want to meet us for lunch?
KATE: We have Tessa and Lauren with us
NICK: Bring em
KATE: You sure?
NICK: Yes I have a surprise for you.
KATE: Where, when?
NICK: On our way now, West Wind Restaurant. Take a cab.
KATE: Have to make a quick stop then we'll head over.

The restaurant was on the beach overlooking the turquoise water. The tables had thatched grass umbrellas over them that added to the tropical feel. The music playing in the background was the final touch.
Kate and Julie found the guys table and started to walk towards it. Julie looked over at Kate, a quizzical look on her face.

“Did you know?” Julie asked.
“No, but… wow.”

Lauren and Tessa were a few steps behind Julie and Kate. They only got a few feet into the restaurant, when Lauren froze, pulling Tessa to a stop.

"What," Tessa started to protest, but Lauren’s eyes were still facing forward. Tessa looked to where Lauren’s eyes were lock, it was then she saw them too.
Kate didn’t hear Tessa’s shoes on the tiled floor anymore, so she turned back to see them stopped.
"Surprise." She smiled at them, as if she had been planning it all along. It took a moment before they got their feet moving again. At the table sat four gorgeous men.


Alex stood up, wrapping his arms around Julie as Kate went to Nick. Alex turned to someone none of them expected to see.

“Kevin, I would like to introduce you to my Julie.”
Kevin stood and shook Julie’s hand.

“It’s so nice to meet you. Brian has told me so much about you,” the eldest Backstreet Boy said.
Julie turned to AJ. “Brian?” she mouthed. Alex just shrugged his shoulders, smiling impishly.
“I didn’t know you would be here,” Julie said. “It’s so nice to meet you.” He smiled at her before turning to Nick.

 

Nick had Kate in front of him, his hands around her little bump. Somehow Kevin didn’t seem to notice. He was fascinated by the look in Nick’s eyes. He had never seen his ‘little brother’ so happy.
“This is Kate,” Nick said, love so apparent in his voice.

Kevin reached for Kate’s hand, but it was tucked under Nick’s. They all laughed as she struggled to get it out from under Nick. He was trying to be funny by keeping her hand to himself.

Lauren and Tessa stood off to the side, still in shock that they were there with part of the Backstreet Boys. Kate saw the look on Lauren’s face and she turned to Kevin.

“Kevin, these are our friends, Lauren and Tessa.”

He wasn’t trying to be rude, but once his eyes landed on Lauren, Tessa had no chance of being seen. When Lauren reached out to shake his hand, he surprised her by kissing her knuckles. Kate thought Lauren would melt right there on the spot.

There was a small cough at the table. Alex laughed at the interruption. The fourth man at the table didn’t need to be left out. He stood up, bringing everyone’s attention to him.

"And of course you know Matthew," Alex said, motioning to Matthew Morrison. “He is our ‘special guest’ for the beach party tonight.”

Matthew nodded at Alex before he turned to look at all of the girls. He was trying to acknowledge them all until his eyes stopped on Tessa.

Kate and Julie went around the table to sit by Alex and Nick, but it took a little coaxing to get Tessa and Lauren to sit between Matthew and Kevin. Eventually, they were all seated. Julie tried to break the ice by being funny. She had her hand under the table, holding on to Alex’s hand, as she turned to Matthew.

“So I have to tell you, after seeing you perform in Minneapolis, I was totally hot for teacher.”
Matthew blushed and Julie gave AJ’s hand a squeeze so he knew she was teasing.
“I’m not really a teacher,” he whispered.
“I know, you just share a face. But still. Wow. You really should have taken your shirt off on stage, though.” Julie looked over at Tessa as she said this. Her dark hair made the red in her face even richer. Julie had gotten Tessa to blush and she wasn’t even talking to her.

They ordered their food without much more happening other than Tessa and Lauren were both still star struck. It wasn't until their food had arrived that something finally clicked with Tessa. And she burst out.

"OMG! Your- it's-" She pointed at Kate and down to Kate's belly.
Nick laughed and leaned over kissing Kate's cheek.
Lauren leaned past Kevin to see Tessa.
"Did you really just figure it that out?"
Tessa flushed red.
"Ya know, you're pretty cute when you're embarrassed," Matthew said to Tessa.
Tessa turned even redder, "Good thing cause it happens a lot."

They enjoyed a long lunch getting to know each other. Kevin had flown out because Nick had asked him to join the rest of the cruise, he didn't mention the picture of Lauren that accompanied the request, and Matthew was there to perform with BSB tonight.

"Well, we better get going." Julie said, checking the time on her cellphone.
"Do you girls have to go already?" Kevin asked, looking at Lauren, not Julie.
"Yeah, we need to rehearse for tonight and then get cleaned up for the show," Julie said, pretending he wasn’t completely being rude by not looking at her when she spoke.
"Rehearse for?" Matthew asked.
"The girls made it to the finals in the karaoke contest. All the finalists are opening for us tonight."
"Really? Well I can't wait to hear it." Matthew smiled at Tessa. She blushed again.

“Does that mean you will be watching?” she asked quietly.
“Of course. I thought I was the opening act, so I must be going on after the finalists. Maybe I will see you backstage.”

Tessa blushed a deeper red then before.