- Text Size +

Nick and Kate were awoken by a knock on the door.
"Up and Adam! We got rehearsals!" they heard being called through the door.
Nick groaned, pulling his pillow over his head.
"Who the hell was that?" Kate said grumpily.
"Brian. He's a morning person."
Kate rolled out of bed and put on her jeans and tank top. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail. Nick got dressed and took Kate's hand as they headed down to the ballroom to meet everyone.

Slowly the group trickled in, looking sleepy. They gathered on the stage.
"Ok, so first I think we should decide who's singing NKOTB's parts of Don't Turn Out the Lights," Brian said. He had someone play the song while he named off who sang the different parts.
"Of course the girls need to do the New Kids parts," Brian pointed out.
"Well, Kate and Julie know it better than we do," Lauren said.
"Ok, so you girls want to take the leads?" Brian looked to Julie then Kate.
"Sounds good to me," Julie said. "I want Joe's part."
"Kate, that leaves you with Jordan's part. Does that work for you?"
"Sure."
"What about Donnie's part?" Kevin asked.
"His solo is just the NKOTBSB, isn't it?" Julie asks.
"Yeah. I think so,” Kate said.
"Oh, I have an idea!" Lauren said excitedly, "Kevin can do that part but he can say NGOTBSB. Cause we're the New Girls on the Boat."
Everyone laughed.
"I like it," Kevin agreed.
"Ok, we'll let's get started on some choreography."

They taught the girls the steps for ‘DTOTL’. They picked it up surprisingly quickly.
"Wow, you guys are good," Howie commented.
"Well, it didn't take us long to get ‘Straight Thru My Heart’," Lauren said proudly.
"How long did you work on it before the cruise?" Kevin asked.
"We didn't even meet until the second night on the cruise," Lauren replied.
"Wait. Y'all learned that dance in the last couple of days?" Brian said shocked.
The girls nodded as Lauren said, “Actually, we learned it in a few hours.”
"Impressive. Well I think we should run through ‘Straight Thru’ a couple of times, and then we'll call it good."

After their rehearsal, they all showered and headed out on the town. They split up into couples to be less noticeable. Julie didn’t understand how they thought they would get away with walking around town without cruise goers seeing them or coming up to them. But Leighanne smiled at her and reminded Julie that they had been doing this long enough; they had developed mad ninja skills of concealment. Plus the people on the cruise went back to the boat at bedtime, no one really knew that they had stayed at the hotel. It was assumed the guys had returned to the boat as well. Julie just smiled and went along, not completely at ease.  

Nick and Kate headed to the shop to get contacts and teeth for the guys.
When they got to the shop Kate asked Nick to wait outside for a moment.
She went in alone to find the clerk that helped her before.
"Kate! You came back! OMG, you were fabulous last night! I'm so glad you won!"
Kate laughed at his excitement.
"Well, it was all thanks to you. And I brought you a surprise."
He looked at Kate suspiciously. She went to the door and waved Nick in. He strode in smiling. The clerk started crying. Kate took a moment to explain to Nick about what had happened when they had been in there before.
"Thanks for helping my girl out," Nick said as he offered his hand.

The clerk just looked at Nick’s hand for a moment before reaching out and shaking his hand. His cheeks flushed red.
"OMG! I'm a huge fan! Thank you so much for coming."
Kate felt so gratified that she could do this for a fan.
"So, we were wondering if you have any more of those contacts and teeth," Nick said.

The clerk jumped into action rounding up the things they wanted while Kate and Nick explored the racks.
Kate found a couple of more shirts to wear and Nick found a pair of leather pants that showed off his assets.
"I dare you to buy those pants," Kate teased.
"Oh honey, you don't want to challenge me like that." He smiled devilishly, throwing the pants into the pile of things they were buying.
"I dare you to wear those tonight," Kate said.
He smiled at her challenge.
"You know, you have to go commando in those. We can't have any panty lines," Kate laughed.
"If I do, you do it," he teased back.
"You’re on!" Kate said, rising to his challenge.
He was surprised she agreed to do it. But he admired her for her spunk.

Nick turned his attention back to the clerk.
"So, Kate tells me you have a brother that does leather coats."
"A cousin, actually. Yes he's right down the street."
"Well, do you want to take us down there and help me find one?" Nick asked.
"You want Me to help You?" The clerk asked.
"Of course. You have great taste!" Nick said.
The clerk blushed as he finished ringing up their items.
He let the other clerk know he was going on break and led them down the street, talking animatedly with Nick about music and BSB.
Kate followed a couple of steps behind on the narrow sidewalk. She was enjoying watching the two guys talk. They were stopped a couple of times by other fans but Nick patiently signed autographs and answered questions before moving on down the street.

They found him a black leather jacket with red lining that would show it he wore it unzipped. After they were done making their purchases the clerk had to get back to his store.
"Can I ask a huge favor?" he said before leaving.
"What’s up?" Nick questioned.
"Can I get a picture with the two of you?"
Kate and Nick smiled.
"Of course."
His cousin took the picture with Kate and Nick to either side of him. He was so excited.
"Thank you." He waved as Kate and Nick headed the opposite direction.
"Well, what should we do now?" Nick asked her.
"Eat! I'm starving," Kate replied.

 

 

Julie tried to talk Alex out of going into town. She was still worried about people seeing them together, especially after she was part of the group that won the contest.

 

“Baby. They are going to find out soon enough. And you know, I don’t care what they think. Anyone in their right minds could tell you guys won from having talent on the stage, not in the bedroom.”

Julie laughed and punched his arm, then stopped walking. He turned to look at her, a pretend pout on her face.

“Are you saying I don’t have talent in the bedroom?”
He walked back to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. Her arms went around his neck, locking her fingers so he couldn’t get away. She smiled because of the look in his eyes.

“Your talents there are extraordinary, but for me only. No one else ever needs to know what you can do.”

She kissed him sweetly and looked at him with hooded eyes.

“How about I show you some of my talents?” she said seductively.

“Maybe later. I really want to take you shopping.”

Julie pretended to pout again.

“Fine, but you better make sure I get some food in there sometime. I might get grumpy if I don’t eat soon.”

He kissed her again then reached behind his head to take one of her hands into his. Without another word, they took off shopping.


While Kate and Nick were trying to decide where to eat, Nick got a text.
"AJ says everyone's meeting at Señor Frogs for lunch," he told Kate.
"Sounds good to me!"
They caught a cab and headed over to the restaurant.
The restaurant was packed. Word had gotten around that BSB was still on the island. The party was in full swing when Nick and Kate arrived. It was a mix of locals, tourists, and cruise girls.

Nick held tight to Kate's hand as he weaved his way thru the throng of girls. He led her to an area that was slightly elevated from the majority of the seating. Nick could see Kevin and Lauren standing by a table in that area, so he made his way towards them.
The whole crew was there. It was apparent that Nick and Kate were the last to arrive. Kate moved to the table by Leighanne.
"What the heck?" Kate said exasperated. “I thought we were all trying to be inconspicuous?”
Leighanne laughed, "We were followed, so we decided to make a party out of it."
"I see," Kate said, nodding. She looked over at Julie. She had shopping bags piled up at her feet. Kate laughed when she saw AJ trip over them as he tried to get up from the table. As he headed over to the bar, Kate turned to Julie.

“Wow. Shopping, much?”

Julie laughed. “It’s hard dating a Backstreet Boy. He really likes to shop. I started to get grumpy because he wouldn’t stop buying me things. He asked if I was hungry. I figured it was the easiest way to get him outta the shops.”

Kate smiled at her. She understood. She would never get used to Nick buying things for her.

 

They watched as AJ was working his way back to the table. He had procured a wireless microphone.
"What's up, Nassau?" he hollered. Screams erupted from the crowd.
"Thank you for welcoming us to your island!"
More screaming.
"You wanna hear some music?"
The sound was deafening.
AJ turned back to the table and the other Backstreet Boys sitting there.
"What'da ya think guys? Should we give em a little taste?"
The guys smiled at him, each one nodding in turn. There was a small stage area across the restaurant from where they were.

The five guys made their way thru the crowd to the stage, girls grabbing at them, trying to get a touch. They didn’t have their security team, so it took a little while for them to get up there. The restaurant manager was working with some of the audio crew to get more working mics. Since there was no way to get music, the guys decided to sing acapella.


A waitress finally managed to make it to the girl's table, since the crowd was pushing towards the stage.
"Sorry, I've trying to get over here but," she motioned towards the sea of girls.
"It's ok. We're used to it," Leighanne said. "Tell ya what, we'll make this easy. Can you do the meal family style?"
"Sure," the waitress said.
"Good. Well then bring a little of whatever and pitchers of soda and we should be good."
"You got it!" the waitress said, heading to the kitchen.

The guys got set up and performed ‘Everybody’, ‘I Want it That Way’,’ I'll Never Break Your Heart’ and ‘Larger Than Life’.
The food had arrived while the guys were singing.
"Why aren't you up there, Matthew?" Julie asked. “I am sure the crowd would love to hear you sing,” she said the last part while looking right at Tessa, who flushed red.
"Hm..." he said, tapping his chin as if contemplating, "Squeeze my way thru hundreds of BSB fans, or sit at a table covered with delicious food, surrounded by beautiful women. No I'm pretty happy here." He reached over to gently touch the top of Tessa’s hand that was resting in her lap.
The girls laughed. They passed the food around and began eating without the guys. Kate sat with an empty plate with her hands folded in her lap.
"What's wrong?" Leighanne asked when she realized Kate passed when food was offered to her.
"Oh nothing. I'm just waiting," Kate replied.
"I know you’re hungry. Does Mexican not agree with you?"
"No, Kate is very proper," Julie explained.
"You should just wait for everyone at the table to have their meal before you begin eating. It's good etiquette," Kate said.
"Oh honey, you'll starve to death waiting for them," Leighanne laughed.
Kate wouldn't be detoured though. She sat there and waited till the guys were done.
Leighanne pulled out her phone and text Brian.


LEIGHANNE: You guys need to take a break and come eat before the food gets cold. Tell the girls you'll sing more later.

Julie had given up trying to eat while Kate wasn't and decided to send a text to AJ.


JULIE: Need you guys to come eat. Kate won't eat till everyone served.

It was AJ who rounded the guys up to get them back to the table. As soon as the song they were singing was over, AJ pulled the guys into a huddle. They had been doing this after each song, deciding the next one.

“We need to get to the table. Hungry or not, Fans or not. We’re needed.” He left it at that and turned to the crowd. He explained that it was time they took a little break, but would be back soon.

 

Once everyone was served Kate began to eat hungrily.
"You're going to have to keep an eye on this one, Nick," Leighanne told him.
Nick looked at Kate concerned. Nothing seemed wrong with her, he looked back to Leighanne.
"Why?"
"She's going to make herself sick if she's not careful."
Nick rested his hand back on the table.
"Katy what did you do?" he said in a fatherly scolding tone.
"Nothing," Kate said. She turned to Leighanne. "Thanks. Now I'm going to get grounded."
They all laughed at that, diffusing the tension. Nick made a mental note to ask Leighanne later what she was talking about. He didn't want to embarrass Kate.

They decided after lunch that the girls would all head back to the ship while the guys did one more impromptu set and signed autographs. They would spend some time with the fan on a personal level.

While eating, they had discussed the changes in the group. Matthew and Kevin didn’t want to miss the rest of the cruise, but hadn’t planned on being a part of anything other than the beach party. Kate and Julie had agreed to move out of their room and in with Nick and AJ so that Matthew could have their room while Kevin took the last available suite in their hallway.
Leighanne was supposed to get ahold of the BSB coordinator and get Lauren and Tessa all access passes as well as get the girls sound checked for the night's performance.

The ship didn't leave till seven; to give everyone plenty of time on the island, but it was only about three when the girls slipped aboard.

Leighanne took Tessa and Lauren to get their passes while Kate and Julie headed back to their room.
Julie took a shower so she could wash her long thick hair and have plenty of time to dry it before they performed later that night.
Kate was sitting in the chair reading her book when Julie came out.
"We have to head up for sound check in an hour," Kate told her.
"Really? That early?" Julie replied.
"Yeah. Leighanne said something about monitors. But anyway, we need to be in the ledo deck by five."
"And I still need to pack."
"Yeah, but we have till seven to move our stuff over." Kate said.
"How long will sound check take?"
"I have no idea, an hour maybe?"

Julie got dressed and packed up most of her things before she and Kate headed up for sound check. When they got there Lauren and Tessa were already there.
"So what are we doing?" Julie asked.
"We are waiting for Jesse to come back and fit us with monitors," Lauren answered.
"Jesse? Fit us?" Julie questioned.
But Jesse returned before Lauren could explain. He carried a large briefcase, setting it on the edge on the stage. He waved the girls over as he opened it and began digging thru it. He fit each of the girls with a set of universal ear monitors. He explained how to thread the cords thru their shirt and clip the receiver in their pants or their bra.
Once they all had their monitors on he gave them a mic with their name on it and sent them on stage.

"Now sing!" he said.
The girls looked at each other.
"Sing what?" Kate asked.
"Anything. We just need a control on your voices. So Kate you sing first."
Kate started singing Inconsolable.
"That's good." he said cutting her off. "Next, go!"
Julie continued the song. When she was done Tessa and Lauren had a few minutes of solo. Once they had done that he turned some music on in their monitors.
"Sing again, please! If you want the music louder, point up and quieter point down."
He played ‘Straight Through My Heart’ and they all sang along at their parts getting the volume right.
"Alright, we got it," he said cutting off the music. He walked from the sound booth back to the stage.
"Ok, I'll keep your mics here. Show starts at eight so please, be here at 7:30. Take your monitors with you so you can put them on under your clothes."

The girls headed back to their rooms to get ready for the show. Kate and Julie moved their things into Nick an AJ's rooms.
Kate showered and blew her hair dry. She took her curlers and make up and knocked on AJ's door.
Julie opened it, her curlers in her hair and a mascara wand in her hand.
"Hey!" she said.
"Hey, I'm so use to getting ready with you I thought I'd come over."
Julie laughed and led the way back to the bathroom.
They jammed out to their favorite music while they got ready. They didn't hear AJ come in till he started laughing at them dancing to ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun’. He was leaning against the doorframe. Julie turned down the music.
"Hey, Handsome!" she said.
"Hey."
"I didn't hear you come in."
AJ laughed, "You girls were having too much fun."
Julie and Kate laughed. Kate gathered up her things and headed back to her room so AJ could get ready.
Nick was in the shower when she let herself in his room. He was singing, so she went in and sat on the bathroom counter.
As he reached the chorus of ‘There For Me’ she joined in.

"Cuz I, I
Want to tell you that I'm sorry."


He stopped and stuck his head out the shower door.
"Hey baby! I didn't know you were back!"
Kate just smiled at him as he went back to his shower.
"You don't have to stop singing, I like that song," Kate told him.
"I didn't know you knew it," he said.
"Oh yeah, after you guys left Omaha, Julie googled everything she could find on you, Alex, and BSB."

Nick laughed as he got out of the shower. Kate admired his chiseled body as he toweled himself off. He wrapped the towel around his waist and walked over and kissed Kate. She laughed wiping the red lipstick off him.
"What? You didn't like that color on me?" he laughed.
After getting dressed Nick grabbed his guitar sitting on the edge of the bed. Kate sat next to him indian style. He strummed his guitar a few times tuning it up.
He looked up into Kate's hazel eyes and smiled.
"Let's see how well you know it."
He began playing ‘There For Me’. Kate smiled singing along with him.

They ran thru it several times until Nick was satisfied that she knew it. He smiled at her.
"I think you got it."
Kate nodded. She had no idea why he wanted her to know it but she liked singing with him so she just went with it.
"Now if it gets requested, we can sing it," Nick explained. Not that it was his real reason but he wasn't telling her that.
They finished getting ready and headed up to the ledo deck.