- Text Size +

Julie was pulling her navy blue dress over her head when AJ stepped out of the shower. He wrapped a towel around his waist and ran a hand over his freshly shaved head. He looked her up and down, admiring her dress. Her dress was floor length and only covered one shoulder and it dipped low in the back. He asked if she needed help with her zipper, even though it zipped on the side. Julie laughed as his knuckles slid over her skin as he zipped her up. He kissed her bare shoulder when he was done, then he headed back into the bedroom to get himself dressed.
Julie worked to pull all her hair up into a semi French twist. She had a visible part on the left side and the very ends of her hair were tuft upwards in the twist. Julie finished her make-up and stepped into the bedroom to get her jewelry.
 
Julie sucked in a breath when she saw Alex in his tuxedo. It was a beautiful Armani suit with a satin lapel and white hankie. His buttons were onyx set in silver and his bowtie was satin. What she wouldn’t have given to be able to get him out of his tux, but she needed to go help Kate out.  
 
She stepped up to him, handing him her sapphire necklace. She turned around so he could clasp it for her. She didn’t expect it to be his lips that touched her skin first. He kissed her neck, sending goose bumps over her skin, all the way up into her hairline. His kisses moved to her bare shoulder. She felt her core tighten. She had to take a step forward, out of his reach. Julie turned to look at him, his dark eyes burning with desire. Julie giggled.
 
“I need to go help Kate.” She kissed the tip of his nose. “But I am all yours after prom.” She took her necklace from his hands, not letting him finish helping her. She turned to the bed, grabbed her matching shoes and purse that sat there, and headed out the door.
Julie took a deep breath to center herself before knocking on Kate and Nick’s door.
 
Nick looked sharp in his black tuxedo.  Julie noticed he wore a satin yellow vest and yellow bowtie that matched Kate's dress.  She had to give Kate kudos, Nick was a hottie. He stepped to the side to allow Julie into the room. He nodded towards the shut bathroom door.
“She’s in there, but she won’t let me in.” He then looked out into the hallway. “Where’s AJ?”
Julie tried not to laugh, thinking of the state she left him in.
“I think he is taking a cold shower.”
“Shit! He is still in the shower! We are supposed to be…” Julie held up a hand to stop his rant.
“Nick, I mean he was in need of a cold shower. He was dressed when I left.   Now, I better go see about Kate.”
 
Nick headed down the hall to meet AJ who was coming out of his room.
Nick laughed, "Heard your woman got you all hot and bothered then left."
"Did you see her dress? It was all I could do not to peel it off her," AJ said.
 
They stopped into the ship's mall before heading to prom.
"Where exactly are we going?" AJ asked.
"I gotta pick up the ring before the party."
"I thought you and Julie picked it out earlier," AJ asked confused.
"We did but it had to be sized and have the diamond mounted."
 
 
Julie knocked on the bathroom door, letting Kate know it was her. She only opened the door a crack to make sure it was only Julie, before letting her in. Julie tried not to laugh as she saw Kate was still in her bathrobe.
 
“Oh, Sweetie! Why aren’t you dressed yet?” Julie asked with real concern.
“I'm not going,” She sighed.
“Like hell you’re not.”
“I'm serious. I am not going to jeopardize my baby to go to a fake prom where I can’t even dance with my boyfriend. It’s not worth the chance our baby could get hurt.”
Julie could see her point, but she also knew that Kate was feeling self-conscious about her baby weight. She stuck her head out the door and saw Nick had already left. She pulled her cell out of her purse and quickly sent him a text.
 
JULIE: Kate doesn’t want to go to the dance and risk hurting the baby.
NICK: That’s my girl. But You know she can't miss the party.
JULIE: Can we get a table and chair secured for her, so she can come and enjoy?
NICK: Come to the VIP area where L & L will be. There are chairs and tables. I need her to be here.
 
Julie turned to Kate, smiling big at her as she took her dress off the hanger on the back of the door.
 
“Let’s get you dressed. Leighanne and Leigh are waiting for us in the VIP section. You need to go. We can sit with them and just have a good time.”
Kate shook her head no. She still didn’t think it would be good to go.
“Don’t make me send another text to Nick. He would come get you and carry you there, still in your robe, if need be.”
That made Kate smile. She knew Julie was right. He absolutely would do that and she would rather not be seen in her bathrobe. So she let Julie help her get ready.
 
Soon enough the two girls stood in front of the mirror, looking at each other. Being in the sun earlier that day had given them both a little sun glow. The yellow of Kate’s dress made her skin look radiant, not to mention the fact that she carried the beauty of pregnancy. Julie had helped to do her hair into delicate curls, pinning one side back with a faux diamond bobby pin. Her makeup was shimmery and sweet, with a slight bronze affect to it.
 
“Wow. You look breathtaking,” Julie said.
Kate blushed, “Thanks.”
“Well, so we ready head to the party?”
“Yeah.”
 They grabbed their purses and All Access Lanyards and headed out the door.

The party was in full swing when the girls arrived. The party goers were all dressed in their finest. The dresses were all so very different. Not two girls had the same style. There were hot pink and red, blue and green, and lots of black. There were some that were very short and others that were floor length, like Julie and Kate’s dresses. There was super tight and super flowing. The only thing missing at the prom was dates.
 
The five guys were already on the stage singing, when the girls walked in.  As if they had sensed their presence, AJ and Nick both looked back to the entry way as the girls walked in. The light behind them lit them up. Nick almost faltered in the song as he watched Kate flow into the room. AJ missed a step and smacked into Brian as he looked at his angel.  Brian laughed and they all seemed to quit singing as they lost their places.
 
“Woh,” he laughed again. “I don’t think there has ever been a time where we have messed up that bad.”
Kevin stepped up and spoke.
“And to think, it was all because of a pretty girl.”
“A lot of pretty girls,” Howie said, trying to help cover the real reason, as he looked to Kate and Julie. He smiled big. “Being on a boat with so many beautiful women has caused us all to do crazy things.”
“How about we start another song?” Nick suggested.
“I would really love to sing ‘Bigger’,” AJ suggested. “It kinda reminds me of some of the girls on this boat.” He was looking right at Julie and Kate as they tried to make their way to the VIP area. The others agreed and they quickly got into place.
 
Leighanne stood as Julie and Kate got closer. Her white dress was flowing and reminded Julie of a Greek Goddess. Her beautiful blonde hair was down and in waves, shining in the light. Her smile lit up her face as she reached to take Kate’s hands into her own.
“Hey, Darlin’. How are you holding up? Nick told us what happened.”
Kate glared at the stage at him, but he was singing and couldn’t see her glare.
"Don't be mad, he told us because he cares. Here, have a seat.” Leighanne patted the chair next to her at the large round table.
The guys performed a few more songs before they had the DJ take over. Julie watched as most of the guys worked their way through the throng of girls to find one to dance with. They each had one security guy with them, to prevent other girls around them to try and interfere with the one they were dancing with. Nick had not joined the guys, but AJ was dancing with a short robust girl in a pink frilly dress. Julie laughed as she saw the look of pure joy on the girl’s face. She was just about to get Kate’s attention to show her, when she felt her phone vibrate in her purse, on her lap. 

NICK: In two songs we need Kate and you mixed in the crowd, apart from each other please.

Julie had an idea of what was going on. She knew better than to show Kate, she would never go into the crowd, so she waited until that song was over and the next was half over to make her move.
 “Kate, I need some fresh air, how about you?”
Kate nodded.
“Let's head that way, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of girls hanging out on that side.” Julie was pointing to the opposite side of the ballroom. They would have to walk through the crowd to get there. Kate looked at her hesitantly.
“Can’t we just go out that way?”
“No. Something tells me we need to go to that side.” Julie got up and took Kate’s hand, almost dragging her into the crowd. As they moved through the mass of finely dressed girls, Julie saw Brian in the corner of her eye. He had just said thank you to the girl he had been dancing with and was trying to move on the find another.

Julie spotted Nick, he was looking for them she had no doubt about that. Julie tried to maneuver them a little closer, but was stopped when a tall big black guy stood in front of her.
She tried to get around him but he kept moving to side step her. She was about the shove him when she saw Nick peek his out from behind the guy. He smiled big at them both. When he stepped around the big guy, Julie moved slightly to the left so that Kate was almost right in front of him.
He offered Kate his hand as the words to the next song began. It was ‘I’ll Be’ by Edwin McCain.
 “May I have this dance?” he asked her.
 Kate blushed and nodded, taking his hand. He gently pulled her close to him, bringing his right hand to her lower back.
 
Julie was about to head back to the VIP area when she felt a warm hand on her bare shoulder.
“I could really use someone to dance with. Do you mind?” Julie turned around to face AJ, his eyes bright with happiness.
“I don’t mind, but there are about three thousand other girls that might,” she teased.
"They'll get over it." AJ smiled at her.
Julie leaned back slightly to look in his eyes.  The color reminded her of hot chocolate, much lighter than the normally dark shade of brown she was used to. She had to use all her strength to not kiss him at that moment. She could see he was fighting the same battle.
 
Nick and Kate danced in circle. Kate's hands rested on Nick's shoulders and his were on her waist.
"You look stunning tonight," he said.
Kate blushed, glancing down at her dress.
"You've seen me in this before," she said.
He sighed contentedly, "Yes and you get more beautiful every time I see you."
Kate smiled up at him.  "Even if my belly is starting to show."
He smiled.
"Showing the best thing I ever did."
Kate swallowed the lump in her throat.  As long as she lived she'd never forget he said that.  And she'd make sure her child knew that too.
"Are you enjoying prom night?" he asked.
"Yes. It's my first one." Kate confessed.
"You never went to prom?"
"I didn't have one.  I went to private school."
"Wow. That must have sucked."
"It had its advantages."
"I can't believe they didn't have prom."
"Well you've made up for it," Kate said. "Ya know I didn't really want to come.  I didn't feel like sitting around watching you dance with other girls."
"I know.  Julie sent me a text, but I'm glad you came because I have a favor to ask," he said.
"Anything," Kate replied.
"Would you sing with me tonight?" he asked.
Kate's heart soared.  She loved singing with him.
"Sing what?"
"’There For Me’.  We didn't get a request for it last night but I'd like to sing it with you."
"I'd love to." She said, "I didn't bring my earbuds.  Do you think I'll need them?"
"I have them backstage with your mic.  I'll bring them to you later."
Kate smiled.
 
Alex pulled Julie closer, breathing in her scent. These few days had been so hard on both of them, he was realizing. He knew why she had wanted to be secret during the cruise and it had already been proven to be a wise choice, but all he wanted to do in that moment was get lost in her. His hand went up her back to touch her soft bare skin. He leaned in, turning towards her ear, so only Julie could hear him speak.

“Have I told you tonight how beautiful you are?”
She leaned back to be able to look into his eyes. He had told her those words before, but being in a place with so many truly beautiful women, she really felt his words. She smiled, causing her eyes to shine a little brighter.
“Have I told you tonight how much I love you?” she whispered back.
“I could spend all night right here, in your arms and be complete.”
“Me, too. But you need to pick a Prom Queen.”
As the song ended, he gave her a squeeze, bringing their bodies as close as he could.
“I’ll see you soon. Love you.”
He reluctantly let her go and walked away. It took everything in him not to turn and look at her one more time.

As the song ended, Nick hugged Kate, whispering ‘I love you’ in Kate's ear before he moved on to find someone else to dance with.
Kate returned to her table sitting next to Leighanne. A waiter came to take their drink order but the food was set up on banquet tables in the back.
Kate sat with Leighanne and Leigh telling them what the doctor had said.  They three of them compared their pregnancy experiences.
 
When AJ had moved on to find another dance partner Julie decided to check out the buffet so that she could let Kate know what was there and get her a plate later.  As she approached the table she saw Lauren walk in alone.  She waved her over. 
Lauren wore a floor length sage green dress.  It was strapless with a low-cut sweetheart neckline.  It was accented with a large sparkling broach on the waist and had a slit up one side that showed her shapely left leg as she walked.
"Hey!" Julie called, "You look great!"
"Ditto!" Lauren replied.
"Where's Tessa?"
Lauren turned back to the door as Tessa entered on Matthew's arm.
People turned and looked as them.  Tessa's red dress hugged her curves from the deep v neck, down to mid-thigh them flowed out to the floor.
 Tessa caught sight of Julie and Lauren and pulled Matthew over to them.  He looked dashing in his black tuxedo pants and white dinner jacket.  He had a red carnation pinned to his jacket.  He looked so proud to have Tessa on his arm.
 
"OMG Julie you look amazing!" Tessa said.
"You too!" Julie replied.
Tessa blushed, "It's just cause Matthew makes me look so good."
"I beg to differ," he said. "It's you that make me look good."
Lauren rolled her eyes as Tessa and Matthew made goo goo eyes at each other.  Julie laughed.
"Come on we have a table in the VIP section," Julie said leading them to the table.
BSB went back to the stage and sang a couple more songs then stopped for a question and answer session.
There were a few crew guys in the audience running around with microphones for the girls asking questions.
"Oh this ought to be good," Leigh said.
"Why?" Kate asked.
"Well, we always see which guys get proposals," Leighanne laughed.
"Well, surely Brian and Howie won't," Kate said. "Everyone knows their married."
Leigh and Leighanne exchanged a glance and burst into giggles.
"Welcome to life with a Backstreet Boy!" Leigh laughed.
Some of the questions had Julie wondering if the girls were BSB fans at all.
"What is your favorite BSB song?"
"What is your favorite part of being a Backstreet Boy?"
 
But it was Brian who got the first proposal.  Leigh and Leighanne hi fived.
"Oh that's awfully sweet, but ya see, I'm already married to the my soul mate," Brian replied.
 
After the Q and A the guys turned it over to the DJ so they could mingle and get something to eat.  Nick headed straight for the food tables. He filled a plate to overflowing and walked over to the VIP section.  He set the plate down in front of Kate.  Kate looked up at him surprised.
"Hi," she said.
"I thought you might be hungry." He smiled down at her.
"Are you sure this is for me?" Kate teased, "I mean that girl in the white dress looked like she was ready to marry you tonight."
Kate laughed as Nick blushed at being reminded of the girl that proposed to him.
"You're not upset about that are you?" he asked.
Kate smiled at him, "No, I know your heart belongs to me."
Brian came and escorted Leighanne off to get something to eat and Nick slid into Leighanne's chair.  They shared the plate of food each trying not to eat too much so the other would have enough.
 
AJ had not been able to make his way over to the food or the VIP area. He kept getting stopped by fans. He seemed to be the crowd favorite at the moment. Julie laughed as she watched him try to work his way to the food, but never seemed to get more than a step or two before a girl had a question or wanted a hug. He finally got to the table when she saw his shoulders slump. He touched a finger to his earbud as if someone was speaking to him. He let out a very visible sigh and turned to head back to the stage.
The guys had been called to head back up to perform again, but before they left, Nick pulled Kate's earbuds and mic out of the inside pocket of his tux.
"When are we singing?" Kate asked.
"Not till the end of the party.  Can you have one of the girls help you with your earbuds?"
"Of course.  Now go makes those girls' night!" Kate instructed.
He winked at her and headed for the stage.
 
Kate sat at the table most of the night while the other girls danced and partied. Julie kept coming back every so often to check on her, but Kate finally told her she was fine and for Julie to enjoy the night enough for both of them. Kate was enjoying herself by watching Nick interacting with his fans.
 
As the evening started to wind down, the guys all assembled onstage. 
"And now the part of the evening we've all been waiting for," Howie said into his mic.
"It's time to announce our Prom Queens," AJ continued.
There were murmurs through the crowd, every girl hoping it would be her.
The guys dispersed into the crowd to select their queens. They all return to the stage leading a girl by the hand.

Brian's girl was short and heavyset. She was wearing a pink ball gown with spaghetti straps.
He retrieved her tiara from a table on the stage. Her smile was massive as he was placing on her head.  The delicate tiara had BSB spelled out in rhinestones.
"My queen, Brittany," Brian said.
There was applause for Brittany and she blushed profusely.

Kevin's girl was tall and gangly, dressed in a turquoise short tea dress. Howie chose a Hispanic girl, wearing an orange micro mini dress. 

AJ's queen was gothic.  Her red and black dress and dramatic make up made her look like a vampire. Ironically her name was Angelique.

Nick chose a girl with the wildest dress.  She wore a leopard print, spaghetti strap top and a red frilly skirt that looked like a short version of Julie's petty coat. 
 
They danced a few songs, in a circle made in the center of the dance floor with their prom queens, before opening it back up to the other girls. A half an hour later Brian and Howie made their way to the stage while Nick and AJ worked the crowd within.
 
Brian took his mic from a tech and went to the center stage, Howie right behind. Julie laughed as she watched Brian squirm. It was a sight she had never seen before and she wondered what was about to happen to make him look like that. It wasn’t until she looked at Howie that she noticed he had the same look on his face.
 
“Since tonight is Prom Night and our last night on the boat, I want to share something special. Well, we all do. But I get the pleasure of going first.” Brian looked over to the VIP area where his wife sat with the other girls.
“I would like to ask my beautiful wife, Leighanne, to join me on the stage.” Kate looked over at Leighanne, as she stood up and headed towards the stage. She appeared to be a shocked as the others. As she worked her way through the girls, who were trying hard to make a path for her, Brian continued talking.
 
“So many people in this world never find love.  I have been so blessed. I not only married my best friend, but my soul mate. She has always stood by me. No matter what happened, I could always count on her love.”
Leighanne had finally gotten on the stage, AJ and Nick right behind her. As they were putting in their earbuds and handed their mics, Brian took Leighanne’s hand into his.
 
“For more than ten years you have been here for me. I haven’t had the chance lately to tell you how much I love you. So here I stand, ready to tell you.”
 
Just then, as if cued to that moment, music began to start. The other guys stepped up just behind the two of them in a semi-circle. Brian began to sing lead of ‘I'll Be There For You’.
 

Don’t say a word
I understand
You wanna know
If I’m still your man
 
Girl, can’t you tell
By the touch of my hand
I’m gonna please you
Every way that I can
 
I’ll hold you
(Hold you)
Love you
(Love you)
 
“I’ll never let your love go
(Let you go, let you go)
For always
(for always)
 
“I’ll stay
(I’ll stay)
Just look in my eyes
And you’ll know
 
(everyone joined in at this part)
 
“Baby, I’ll be there for you
Wherever you go, whatever you do
Girl, I’ve got forever in sight
For all of my life, I’ll be there for you”

 
Leighanne wiped the tears from her eyes as they fell.  Everyone was tearing up as Brian sang his heart and soul to her. There had never been a moment where she had ever doubted his love for her, but it meant so much to have him sing it to her, remind her of it. Leighanne didn’t think she could have loved him more but you could see Leighanne’s love for him growing more than she ever thought possible.
 
When the song ended, Leighanne stepped into Brian’s arms and he kissed her with a passion that wasn’t meant for public eyes. Her cheeks flushed red when they broke apart. He didn’t let her go. They just stood there for a moment in each other’s arms. Not wanting to waste any time, Howie stepped forward, called his own wife forward.
 
Leigh looked over at Kate as she stood up. She placed one hand on Kate’s shoulder as she walked past. Once again, the crowd made way for Leigh to get to the stage. Howie stood at the top of the steps, waiting for his wife. She kissed him lightly on the cheek when he took her hand. They took only a few steps before Leighanne reached for Leigh. She hugged Leigh, before she headed to the side of the stage.


Howie brought Leigh to center stage, where Brian and Leighanne had been just moments before. He took a deep breath, turned to the crowd, then back to Leigh.
 
“There are not enough words in the world, nor enough notes in music, to express everything I feel for you. This song, we all wrote together, years before I met you. But somehow, it was always meant for you.”
 
The music started for the song ‘Rush Over Me’ and they began to sing. Howie faced Leigh, touching her cheek with the back of his hand.

 
“Washed away my sad face,
Flooded all my empty space
You take away life's heartbreak
And I know with you it's gonna be ok
 
“You're rushin through me
(Like water from Heaven)
I Feel you movin through me
(Like sand in the sea)
And now I feel so alive
I know that there must be
Something here
(so alive)
Cause you're all the air in my atmosphere
Finally I feel complete cause
You are rushed over me yeah
(over me over me over me)”

 
This was something the crowd did not expect, to have the guys singing to their wives. Many of the girls in the crowd were wiping at tear, just as Leigh was. Even Kate had to wipe at her face, the tears falling. In her heart she wished that one day it would be her Nick was singing to. She turned to look at Julie, who had a very similar look on her face. She was dabbing at her eyes with the cloth napkin she had had in her lap. Kate then looked at Leighanne, who was still on stage, smiling at her as they locked eyes. She turned back to say something to Julie.

 

She never got to say what she was thinking. They both were in total shock when AJ stepped forward. Julie felt knots begin in her stomach. She turned to look at Kate and mouthed, “He wouldn’t, would he?” Kate just shrugged.


“As many of you know,” he started out, “I was engaged, but things didn’t work out and we said goodbye. I never thought I would ever find love. But one night, when I was least expecting it, the woman of my dreams came into my life.”
He looked right at Julie. She could feel tears welling up, but she blinked them away. She didn’t want anything to blur her vision. She didn’t move, except to wipe away tears, as he kept talking.
 
“I have been an alcoholic and a drug addict, but to her, my angel, I am just Alex. She has brought me down to earth and made me see that I can be loved for who I am. I know many of you have met her this weekend, and the first thing you need to know, is she is a truly talented woman, who has given up being with me most of this weekend because she didn’t want you, our fans, to feel like she was taking time away from you.”
 
He looked right at her, reaching one hand to show everyone where she was. He gestured for her to stand.
“I want to introduce you to my girlfriend, my angel, Julie. Julie, please, come up here.”
Julie shook her head no, but he laughed and called her up again. Kate gave her a gentle push to get her to move. Julie took a timid step forward, followed by another. No matter how slow she walked, the stage got closer and closer. Her heart was pounding so hard as she took the steps up the stage. Leighanne and Leigh smiled at her as they stood by their husbands.  AJ met her at the top of the steps.  He took Julie’s hand and kissed her knuckles.


“As my brothers have done before, I want to sing to you.”
He didn’t give her a chance to say or do anything. The music to ‘Let’s Do It For Love’ began and his beautiful voice resonated through her, his words hitting her heart.
 
I love you with everything that’s in me
Did you know that?
You’ll be the first that’s ever been so close
You should know that
I’ve been loving you since the beginning
For what it’s worth I’ve always been waiting for this moment

(The chorus began and the guys stepped up on either side of AJ and Julie, Brain and Howie with their wives on their arms)


One special night for one special girl
Let’s make love like it’s our last day on Earth
With everything I am I promise it will be
Much sweeter than you ever could dream
Let’s do it tonight baby
Let’s do it for love
 
“Never had a reason to believe that love would find me
It must’ve known something that I didn’t know
And you showed me that if I had a chance to go to heaven
Girl I’d stay here cause nothing could make me miss this moment
 
One special night for one special girl
Let’s make love like it’s our last day on Earth
With everything I am I promise it will be
Much sweeter than you ever could dream
Let’s do it tonight baby
Let’s do it for love
 

(AJ ran the back of his knuckles down Julie’s cheek as he sang)


“I can’t think of any place I’d rather be than here with you
When I hold you close to me feeling every bound of your heartbeat, baby
It’s the way you look into my eyes
That lets me know just what you wish it’s for a night like this
 
“One special night for one special girl
Let’s make love like it’s our last day on Earth
With everything I am I promise it will be
Much sweeter than you ever could dream
Let’s do it tonight baby
Let’s do it for love
 
“Let’s do it tonight baby
Let’s do it for love”

 
As the song ended AJ pulled a jewelry box out of his pocket. Julie was wiping the tears from her eyes and didn’t see him pull it out. His voice brought her eyes back to his face. Her heart leapt when she saw the box.
"Julie, I want you to know that you hold the key to my heart.  Please keep it safe."
He opened the box to reveal a necklace in the shape of an antique key.  It was platinum with black diamonds encrusted in the top of the skeleton key.  The chain was long enough that when he fastened it around her neck it didn't cover the shorter sapphire necklace. 
After clasping the necklace on her, he kissed her bare shoulder then stepped beside her to hug her.  He surprised her by dropping her into a dip for a passionate kiss. Her arms snaked around his neck, not caring about the people watching. She never wanted to let him go. But as the crowd cheered for wildly them, she felt like she was being selfish. She broke their kiss and he stood her back up.


Nick was the only single guy left on the stage.  Kate's heart started racing when she realized that. He stepped to center stage. He was looking into the crowd so she glanced at Julie, who now stood next to AJ, their arms linked together. Julie happened to look at Kate at that moment. She was smiling, knowing what was about to happen. Kate felt the knots tighten a little more because of the look on Julie’s face.


"So how many of you follow us on Twitter?" he asked. The crowd screamed.
"And how many of you are tired of Nick dropping hints about a secret?" Howie said, teasing.
Nick turned to look at him, pretending to be annoyed.  The crowd ate it up, screaming for more. He turned back to the crowd.

"Well, you're just going to have to wait…. because I want to sing a song first."
The crowd cried out in disapproval of the news as the music for ‘There For Me’ began.

Kate looked up at Nick a little confused. Her earbuds were in and she heard Jesse’s voice tell her it was time, clearing up any confusion. She quickly turned on her mic, ready to sing from her seat.


Lately I've been thinking
About the things that we've been through
And I don't know if I'd be here if not for you
I had to take a little time and try to work things out
And you should know that I've never meant to let you down
 
(When Kate joined him on the chorus he motioned for her to come to the stage)


'Cause I, I wanna tell you that I am sorry and I, I
Even when I'm not giving enough
and I'm taking too much
You still there for me
Even when I've got nothing at all and I'm ready to fall
You're still there for me (there for me repeat 2 X)
Even when I can't be there for you ,
You are always there for me
 

(It took some time for the crowd to realize where the singing was coming from, you could see them all looking around, trying to find the source)


Sometimes I know I can be so hard to understand (it's ok)
Even when I'm lost you show me who I really am
Life (with me it) hasn't always been an easy ride
But because of you,
I've learned to lose my selfish high
 

(Kate made her way to the stage blocking everything but Nick and the music)

You always were
Must be love
It's gotta be real love
It's gotta be real love
Real love
 
Even when I can't be there for you
Even when I can't be there for you
You're always there for me ...

 

When they finished Kate was on stage standing next to Nick.  They had sung to one another, completely ignoring the audience.  Thunderous applause followed their song snapped them back to reality.  When the crowd settled down Nick turned to the audience.


"I'd like you all to meet my girlfriend, Kate."
There was a cheer from the crowd.
"Kate, I have something to ask you."

He reached in his pocket as he got down on one knee.  The crowd went crazy.  Kate bit her lip to hold back the tears.
"Katherine Hope, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"
Kate swallowed hard trying to make her voice steady.
"Yes I will," she said into the mic.
He smiled as he slid the ring on her finger.  Kate looked down at the heart shaped stone mounted on a floral setting.  Nick stood up, pulling her in for a kiss.
The crowd was going crazy.  They had just witnessed something they never thought would happen.
"I Love You,” Nick said as he pulled away.
"I Love You too," Kate replied, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks.
 
The music began for ‘Yes I Will’ and all the guys stepped forward to sing to their girls. They stood in line with Brian at stage left. Leighanne was turned to face him. Leigh was next to her, facing right, to Howie. Nick was next, with Kate facing him, and Julie and AJ were stage right.

Brian began, looking deep into his wife’s eyes...

I open my eyes I see your face
I cannot hide I can't erase
The way you make me feel inside
You complete me girl, that's why
Something about you makes me feel
Baby my heart wants to reveal
I'm down on my knees, I'm asking you
Say these three words I wanna hear from you

The guys joined in, taking the hand of their love


Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you
Yes I will, say these three words I promise to
Yes I will, give you everything you need
And someday start a family with you
Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you
Yes I will, baby I promise to
Yes I will, give you everything you need
And someday start a family with you

Oh yes I will

AJ smiled at Julie before he began


This is no ordinary love
And I can never have enough
Of all the things you've given to me
My heart , my soul , my everything
Every night I thank you lord (I thank you lord)
(AJ looked up to the sky)
For giving me the strength to love her more
And more each day I promise her
As long as I hear those three words

Everyone sang together


Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you
Yes I will, say these three words I promise to
Yes I will, give you everything you need
And someday start a family with you
(Nick glanced down at Kate’s belly, not caring it anyone saw)
Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you
Yes I will, baby I promise to
Yes I will, give you everything you need
And someday start a family with you

I stand beside you, in everything you do
Wherever you go, whatever you do
Baby I'll be there (oh baby I will be there)
As God as my witness
I will carry this through
Till death do us part, I promise to you

Yes I will, take your hand and walk with you
Yes I will, Baby baby yes I promise to
Yes I will, give you everything you need
And start a family with you, baby
Yes I will
Yes I will
Yes I will, I promise you
Everything's gonna be all right
It's gonna be all right
I will


As the song ended the couples kissed and then they all started to head off stage. AJ and Julie were already down the steps and Leigh and Howie at the top of the stairs when Kate stopped where she was and pulled Nick back.
"Wait!  Nick. I thought you promised all these people a surprise!" Kate said into her mic.
The crowd started cheering. Nick looked at Kate.  A devilish grin spread across his face.
"You sure?" he asked her, away from the mic.
She nodded.  He turned back to the crowd.
"So would you like another big announcement?" Nick said.
The crowd went crazy again. What could be more exciting than finding out that Nick was getting married?
He stepped behind Kate, putting one hand on her waist.
"Kate and I are expecting a baby this April."
Kate ran her hands over her belly, cradling her baby and pulling her dress tight against her so everyone could see her growing bump. Nick took the hand on her waist and slid it across her abdomen, claiming his unborn child in front of everyone.

The crowd was cheering so loud they almost didn’t here Brian talk. The wives and Julie moved back to center stage and surrounded Nick and Kate, congratulating them on sharing the news they all knew. Howie and AJ moved to stand next to Brian.

“I think our girls could use one more song. What do you think?” The crowd was screaming yes and offering suggestions. The girls on stage all turned and looked at each other, wondering what they could possibly sing now. Julie hoped it was something upbeat so she didn’t have to stand still. The crowd screamed louder when the music started.


Each guy went to grab their woman’s hand, one BSB at a time, spinning their girl around then moving to stand in a spot on the stage.

Nick went first, pulling Kate close as he began. He didn’t want to move her around much so he danced around her.

 

Liftin' me up, me up, me up, me up.
Liftin' me up, me up, me up, me up...

When I'm down on my luck and I'm searching for my soul
When I'm feeling too much and I start to lose control
When I'm down so low that even enemies don't wanna know
You still care for me, say a prayer for me, and I know

Oooh, I like you hangin' around
'Cause you lift me up when I am upside down
Oooh, you are my favorite sound
'Cause you're always down for

Lifting me up like an angel when I hit the ground
Feel your arms all around me when I'm feeling down
Lift me up like an angel when I hit my low
When your arms are around me
I don't wanna let you go

AJ went next. He took Julie’s hand, spinning her in place just before he began his solo. He kept ahold of her hand as he stared into her blue eyes.


When I'm lost along the way and I can't face another day

(he went down on one knee on the word ‘stumble’)
And if I stumble on the road and if I can't carry the load
And if I lose my faith, and kindness, and generosity
Would you hold my hand? 
(Julie reached for him)
Say you understand my pain

Oooh, I like you hangin' around
'Cause you lift me up when I am upside down   (
Julie helped him stand up)
Oooh, you are my favorite sound
'Cause you're always down for

Lifting me up like an angel when I hit the ground  
(the guys down on one knee)
Feel your arms all around me when I'm feeling down
Lift me up like an angel when I hit my low 
(the girls offer their hands hand lift them up)
When your arms are around me
I don't wanna let you go

It's been a long hard road, and it's only just begun, my friend
And this I know
You helped me carry the load
'Cause you're always down for

Lifting me up like an angel when I hit the ground
Feel your arms all around me when I'm feeling down
Lift me up like an angel when I hit my low
Well, you're always around
You're my favorite sound

Lifting me up like an angel when I hit the ground  
(the guys down on one knee)
Feel your arms all around me when I'm feeling down
Lift me up like an angel when I hit my low 
(the girls offer their hands hand lift them up)
When your arms are around me
I don't wanna let you go

I don't wanna let you go
'Cause you lift me up now
Well, you're always around..
You're my favorite sound
Lift me up now
You lift me up
Lift me up now
Yeah, you're always around
You're my favorite sound

Lift me up

 

When the song ended, all four girls wrapped their arms around their guy and kissed them deeply. They all worked their way off the stage as the DJ took over, a song playing before the last Backstreet Boy had left the stage. They were working their way to the dance floor, to have a few more moments together.

As much as Julie wanted to dance with Alex, she had seen that he still hadn’t had a chance to eat. She pulled at his arm to get him to go the other direction, towards the food. The music and screaming girls was so loud he couldn’t hear her tell him to go eat. So she got so close to him that their bodies were almost one.

“You need to eat. Now.”

He smiled at her and how she was looking out for him. He glanced around the overly crowded room. He knew they wouldn’t need him anymore that night. So he followed her to the table. He grabbed two plates in one hand and began filling them. When he saw Julie didn’t have a plate, he handed one to her.

“Fill that one with stuff from the dessert table, please,” he asked her. She tried not to laugh. He must be really hungry. He saw the look on her face and chuckled.

“We are heading back to the room with the food,” he said. “If you don’t mind, that is.”

Julie smiled at him, letting him know she didn’t mind at all. It had been a long day and all she wanted was to be alone with him. She turned back to the dessert table, taking it in with a new point of view. She got grapes and strawberries with whipped cream, as well as brownies and cheesecake. She laughed to herself as she piled it up. AJ came up behind her and leaned in close to her.

“What is so funny?” he asked.

“I am so glad the cruise is almost over because after tonight, I won’t be able to wear a bikini again.”

“Oh,” he said, pretending to be disappointed.

“Oh what?” Julie said, turning to face him.

“Nothing,” he looked down at the sweets on her plate. “I was hoping you were thinking about what we could do with all that sugar.”

He could see her cheeks flush red and he knew she had been thinking the same things as he was.

“Let’s get outta here,” he said, leading the way to their room.