- Text Size +
Title

                      An Illicit Gentleman

                            Chapter One

 

 

 

            His eyes rolled up looking out the top of his glasses as he ducked his head a little, getting a better view of the large neon sign as they slowly turned into the large parking lot.  Bright pink neon tubes looped around and crisscrossed forming the word “Messieurs”.

 

            “Messieurs?” He asked looking at his friend who was driving.

 

            “French for Gentlemen.” His friend smiled back at him as they pulled into the parking lot.

 

“A strip joint? Not in the mood really, thought we were going to play some pool.” He moaned as he looked out the front window at the large cement brick building a few feet away.

 

“Come on AJ you said you wanted to get your mind off the fight, what better way then with some titties.” 

 

AJ looked at his friend and nodded.  “Point, let’s go.” Pulling on the handle he opened his door and got out of the car.  “Can we smoke inside?” He asked quickly.

 

“Yeah” His friend replied.  With a light sigh too himself he followed his friend to the doors.  Mats was right he needed to get his mind off of the fight with Sarah.  Why was having a girlfriend, well now fiancée so damn hard?  “Did you bring any?”

 

“What?” AJ asked his thoughts being broken but when he read his friends expression he clued in.  “Oh, yeah, I’m good, had some before I left too.”

 

AJ remembered after he shut out the screaming woman outside their bedroom, he went into their bathroom and did a couple of lines to chill out.  His buzz was starting to fade so he made a mental note to hit up the bathroom when they got to their table.

 

AJ’s friend nodded.  “Nice.”

 

“Have you been here before?” AJ asked as the bouncer opened the door.

 

“Hey Mats usual table?” A man asked as he approached them.

 

“Of course.” AJ’s friend nodded.  The man turned around and Mats motioned for AJ to follow him.

 

“That’s a yes.” AJ said to himself as they walked down the small set of steps.

 

“It’s a nice place; if you want to touch ask to go into the back.” He smiled.  AJ smirked and lightly laughed as they stopped at a table.   “They’re all game, well except for Eve she just dances.”

 

“Eve?” AJ asked.

 

“She’s a dancer here and the only one who doesn’t do anything extra, even laps.” Mats told him.

 

“Do you know her?” AJ asked.

 

“Do I know her as she’s fun likes to party type of girl Yeah.  If you mean what does she look like naked or her mothers name then No. She’s been dancing here for a long time though.” Mats shrugged.

 

“Ew, old and saggy”

 

“No, she’s the same age as you dude.” Mats said shaking his head as a waitress walked up.

 

            “What will it be tonight hun?” The woman asked Mats. 

 

            “I’ll have my usual and he’ll have a JD on the rocks.” Mats said pointing to AJ.  She smiled and left, her tight leather pants catching AJ’s eye as she walked away. 

 

            “I’m going to hit the bathroom real quick.” AJ said standing up.

 

“Alright, I’ll go later so we don’t look like bitches.” Mats said lighting a smoke.

 

AJ laughed as he headed to the hallway that lead to the washrooms.  A woman came out of on of the doors, her hair was flaming red and she wore a long silk robe.  He backed up against the wall to let her go by.

 

“Thanks.” She said with a light smile.

 

“No problem.” AJ said with a light smile. “Maybe this place wasn’t so bad after all.” He thought to himself as he watched her walk away and behind a door.  Continuing down the hall he found the mens room and headed inside.  He quickly entered one of the stalls and pulled out his small dime bag baggy.

 

“Been in worse.” AJ thought as he looked around at the condition of the bathroom. He pulled a small mirror from his wallet and set himself up a few lines.  When he was done he quickly cleaned everything up.  As he walked out of the stall he gave himself a once over making sure there was no evidence of what he was up too and then he left men’s room.

 

When the drinks came the night began and with every glass of JD a girl came out dancing.  It was starting to take a lot to get him drunk nowadays but by the time the eighth girl came out, his buzz was creeping up his body.  Then quickly his eyes looked up from his glass as he heard the DJ announce the next dancer.  “Eve” he said her name was and AJ wondered if this was the girl Mats was talking about. 

 

He had to admit it intrigued him a little.  A stripper that just stripped, that was rare these days and it made him want to know more about her.  AJ sat his empty glass down as the music began to play, the bass pounding in his chest and the lights began to flicker.  When the lights lit up the stage he saw her standing over a chair, her back to them as she danced to the music.  Her hair was a fire red and a long red laced robe covered her back.  She walked around to the back of the chair and he realized that was the girl he ran into in the hallway. AJ felt his blood pressure increase at the sight of the open robe hanging loosely down the front of her, the red and black bikini the only thing covering her.

 

“Hot isn’t she.” Mats voice broke out over the music.

 

“Yeah” AJ nodded as he quickly looked to Mats and then back to her. 

 

When his eyes locked on her again, she slipped the robe off her shoulders and let it fall to the floor as she made her way towards the pole in front of them.  He watched as she spun around it, her arm extended as she twirled down and then right back up.  She danced in front of them, her body rolling and rocking to the beat of her music as she reached behind her and unclipped her bikini top.  Pulling it off her she tossed it behind her and reached for the pole, pulling herself up and slowly spinning down. Her long, slim body slithered like a snake slowly up the pole.  AJ wiped his hand on his pants when he notice they were getting sweaty and he notice his heart rate was beating a little faster than normal but he couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

 

The music ended and the lights went off, guys cheered, clapped, and whistled as the DJ called for everyone to “give it up for Eve.”  AJ was slowly clapping and felt a little disappointed it was over.  Another glass was set in front of him and another girl came out to dance but he found himself not into it, his mind replaying Eve. 

 

“Alright, we should cab it.” Mats said as he stood up.  AJ looked up confused and then looked around, most of the guys were getting up a leaving. He wondered how long he had zoned out for.

 

“We’re going?” AJ asked as he got up from his chair wobbling a little.

 

“Yeah man, shows over.” Mats sighed.

 

“Don’t you ever leave?” A woman’s voice said from behind Mats and his friend spun around.

 

“Not while you’re here.” He replied and AJ saw who the voice came from.  “Eve, this is AJ.”

 

“Hi” She said with a light smile.  Her hair, her hair wasn’t red at all it was brown and hung straight down to her shoulders.  He looked down at her in jeans, t-shirt and runners.  She wasn’t even nearly as tall without the high heals on.

 

“You know thee AJ.” Mats said again as he looked at her.  “He came here just to see you ya know.”

 

“Right Mats.” Eve said with a gentle laugh.  “You smell like you need a ride home.”

 

“You would be right.” He nodded. 

 

“You too?” She asked looking right at AJ and he found himself tongue tied.

 

“Yes, he does too, I drove him here.” Mats said for him as he rolled his eyes a little.

 

AJ swore to himself all the way to her car, AJ Mclean and he fumbles like a fifteen year old with a crush, to a stripper.  When he felt the people in front of him stop, he looked up and saw them standing at a blue Ford Taurus. 

 

“Shot gun.” Mats whispered as he walked by and AJ almost didn’t hear what he said.  Quickly he made his way in side the front of the car and closed the door. Shaking his head AJ got into the back.

 

“So who’s closer?” Eve asked as the car started.

 

“I am.” Mats said and he was being truthful.  “Good show tonight Evie, like always.”

 

“Thanks Mats.” She smiled lightly at him in the rearview mirror.

 

“So is your name really Eve, cause you know most dancers have a stage name.” AJ said then he quickly kicked himself wondering if he sounded rude.

 

“Yeah, Eve’s my real name, well my nickname, Evelyn is my real name.” She told him.

 

“Pretty name” AJ nodded.

 

“Thanks.” She smiled and he smiled back as he looked out the front window. 

 

The car ride to Mats was far from quiet but AJ never said another word to her.  He just listened to her talk to Mats, not knowing what to say to her or even to try.  If Mats hadn’t taken her home yet, there’s no way he could and if there was even a chance Mats would take it, well lets just say he liked his dancers. 

 

It surprised him again; she wasn’t what you think a stripper would be like.  She wasn’t loud, she wasn’t rude, or even crude, she seemed almost shy, reserved and it made the need to know her even stronger.

 

“Evie you’re a doll.” Mats said as he stumbled out of the car.  “I’ll be back for my car tomorrow night.”

 

“If Ted doesn’t have it towed.” Eve said out her window. 

 

“Yeah, yeah, be good to him.” Mats said pointing to AJ.  AJ quickly rolled his eyes a little embarrassed.

 

“Goodnight Mats.” Eve sighed. As AJ got out of the back and into the front.

 

“I’ll call you man.” Mats said quickly to AJ and he waved to his friend.

 

“So where are we going?” Eve asked and AJ realized Mats didn’t tell her.

 

“Orchard” AJ replied and he saw a small look of amazement flash over her face, then it was gone.

 

“Alright” She nodded as she turned left.

 

Now the car was in silence as they drove through the city.  His mind raced trying to think of things to say, to ask but he couldn’t think of a single thing.  He wanted to get to know her but it’s not like it could go anywhere he was engaged to Sarah and after everything they had been through. 

 

“How far down?” Her voice broke him from his thoughts.

 

“Ah” AJ said quickly trying to see where they were.  “Three more houses.”

 

“So was this your first time at the club?” Eve asked.

 

“Yeah, wanted to get out for a bit, Mats said he was going there.” He shrugged.  “It’s a nice place, I’ve seen worse.”

 

“Yeah, me too” She replied and he wondered how much truth there was to that.  “Is that it?” She asked as she pointed to his house.

 

“Yep” He nodded.  “Um…” He froze in the seat remembering who was at home.  “Just drop me off at the drive way easier to pull out.”

 

“Ok.” Eve said as the car began to slow.  When it stopped in front of the drive way he reached for the handle.  He was about to open the door but then stopped.

 

“Thanks for the ride.” He said looking at her quickly.

 

“No problem.” She replied with a light smile.  “Have a good night.”

 

AJ smiled at her as he closed the door and waited for her to pull away.  He watched her car leave and with it a small, little, tiny fantasy.  Sighing to himself he headed up the drive way to the house. When he got inside all was quiet and he was thankful.

 

Quietly he made his way upstairs to his room.  Opening the door he slowly crept in and looked at his bed.  He sighed to himself; a little relieved to see Sarah sleeping on her side.  With the upmost silence AJ undressed and slid into bed.  Rolling onto his right side he looked out the small crack in his curtains.  He thought about the fight they had, stupid stuff and he couldn’t really remember anymore what they were thanks to the Jack. 

 

The memory of him flying out the front door, letting it slam behind him as he dashed for his car, driving too Mats after calling him wanting to go out and the memory of Eve dancing filled his mind.  By the time he got his mind to settle he had made a mental note to call Mats and find out when Eve was dancing again.