- Text Size +
Title

                      An Illicit Gentleman

                           Chapter Ten

 

 

AJ sat as still as he could in the back of a town car that sat outside of the airport.  He was waiting for Eve to come out, his finger on the window button, ready to wave her over when he saw her come out.  The tips of his fingers on his other hand strummed on the top of his knee as his heel tap the car floor.  His eyes darted around the front doors as he watched for her.

 

A small gasp of excitement escaped from his lips when he saw her walking out one of the tall glass doors.  Her bag strung over her shoulder as she looked around the pick up zone.  He rolled down the window and threw out his arm, waving and trying to grab her attention.

 

She waved back when she saw him and headed towards the town car.  He opened the door after the driver took her bag and she climbed in.  When she got into the car neither of them said a word as they leaned into each other and kissed.

 

“Hi” AJ said a little breathless when they pulled apart.

 

“Hi” She said smiling at him softly.

 

“How was the flight?” He asked as they stayed close to each other.

 

“Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.” She replied and he smiled.

 

“It gets easier.” He said as he lightly kissed her cheek and then over to her neck.

 

“Can’t you wait till we get to the hotel?” She joked.

 

“No” He pouted as his head popped up and he looked at her.  “You made it worse with that phone call.”

 

“Well you could have had pictures too but you dropped your phone.” She teased.

 

“You’re brutal.” He sighed and she started to laugh.

 

When they arrived at the hotel and waited in the elevator AJ started to get nervous.  Kevin promised he’d keep Brian in check and everyone else said they’d get to know her before making anymore assumptions about her.  But he knew them and when they had something on their mind they let it be known.

 

He stepped off the elevator and saw Kevin talking to one of their managers and his throat went dry.  They heard the bell ding because they both looked over at the couple.  He took Eve’s hand and walked over to Kevin.

 

“Hi” Kevin said with a small polite smile.  “Did you just get back?”

 

“Yeah” AJ nodded.  “This is Eve. Eve this is Kevin.”

“Hello” Kevin said with a nod.

 

“Hi” Eve replied with a light smile.

 

“Well I got some things to do; you don’t forget sound check in a couple of hours.” Kevin said looking at AJ.

 

“I know.” AJ said rolling his eyes.

 

“It was nice to finally meet you.” Kevin said to Eve.

 

“Yeah same here.” She returned with a smile.

 

“See, that wasn’t so bad.” AJ said smiling at her.  She lightly laughed as he turned them back around and walked them to his room.  He walked inside, dropped his keycard on the table, and hung his jacket on the chair.

 

“I got some Jack in the fridge if you want a drink to relax.” AJ said as he turned around.

 

She was taking off her jacket and looked up at him.  “That sounds good.”

 

He walked over to the mini bar and pulled out the bottle and grabbed a couple of glasses.  Carrying them over to the couch he sat down and started to pour.  She sat down beside him and he handed her a glass.  They talked about what was going on that night, sound check concert and then how early they had to leave the next morning. 

 

“I’m really glad you came.” AJ told her as he sat on the couch holding her.

 

“I’m glad you asked.” She spoke quietly as her head rested on his shoulder.  She played with the necklace around his neck and then let go and slid her arms around his waist.  The hair on the back of his neck stood up as he felt her fingers slid under his T-shirt and drifted across his stomach.  His eyes closed and he tilted his head a little when he felt her lips on his neck. 

 

As AJ sat on the couch Eve took his clothes off one by one and repeated everything she told him she would do during the intimate phone call they shared the night before.  When it was over they both laid on the couch naked wrapped in each others arms.  He gently kissed the back of her shoulder as he held her.  Slowly she leaned back and looked at him.  Her fingers gently touched the side of his face as her eyes locked on his.

 

“Are you ok?” He asked when he notice it looked like she wanted to say something.

 

“Yeah” She replied with a light smile and then she leaned up and kissed him, her fingers sliding down the side of his neck.  He wasn’t sure if it was a distraction or she was telling the truth.

 

“We should get dress.” AJ said as they pulled away.  “Gotta leave for sound check soon.”

 

They arrived at the arena and AJ led her to the dressing rooms.  When they walked into the large room that was set up like a lounge, they were greeted by Kevin and the rest of the gang.  He smiled a little as he felt her grip tighten around his hand.

 

            “Hey man.” Kevin nodded as he walked by.

 

“Anything to eat yet?” AJ asked looking around. 

 

“Over there.” Kevin said pointing to the other section of the room.

 

“Sweet, I’m starving.” AJ said smacking his stomach lightly.  “Come on.” He said turning to Eve.  He led her over to the long table where it was covered in food and drinks.

 

“Hi” Nick said as he walked up to them.

 

“Hey” AJ said wondering what he was going to say or do.

 

“I’m Nick.” Nick said as he put his hand out for Eve.

 

“Eve” She said with a smile.

 

“What do you want dude?” AJ asked a little annoyed.

 

“Just came to get a sandwich.” Nick replied as he reached for a couple.

 

“Guys you can hit the stage now.” A woman said as she walked into the room.

 

“That’s my cue.” AJ smiled taking the last gulp from his can of soda.  “Bleh should have brought some Jack.  You wanna come watch the sound check or stay here?” He asked Eve.

 

“I’ll come watch if that’s cool.” She said with a light shrug.  AJ smiled as he took her hand and they followed everyone to the stage area.  He got her a stool to sit on and made his way out to the large set with the other guys.

 

“Hi” A voice said from beside Eve and she looked beside her.

 

“Hi” Eve said with a smile.  She didn’t know who the woman was beside her but she saw her hanging around Kevin when they got here.

 

“I’m Kristin, Kevin’s wife.” She explained.

 

“I’m Eve.” She replied with a light smile.

 

“So who all have you met so far?” Kristin asked as Nick and Brian fought over the mics and their voices echoed over the arena.

 

“Just Kevin and Nick.” Eve said with a light smile.

 

The two girls talked over what could be expected being on tour with the guys and Kristin told Eve stories about the guys and the hi-jinx they would get in too.  AJ would come over every once in a while and steal a hug and a kiss and a couple of hours later the sound check was over.

 

“You and Kris seemed to be getting along.” AJ said to Eve as they sat on a couch in the lounge room.

 

“Yeah, she’s nice.” Eve said with a nod.

 

“Good.” He smiled as he took her hand, although he was pretty sure Kevin sent Kristin to snoop.  While they waited for the concert to get underway Eve met Howie and talked to Kevin and Kristin some more.  The only one who hadn’t made his way over was Brian and it was starting to annoy AJ a little, the least he could do would be to say hello and introduce himself.

 

When the concert started Kristin took Eve to a spot off stage where they could sit and watch.  It was the first time she had seen AJ perform.  She had heard him sing a few times now, when they were alone in bed in each others arms, or danced to a song. But she had never seen him in his element before.  The way he would watch her.

 

Everyone else went out to get something to eat after the concert except AJ and Eve who decided to go back to their room and eat there.  AJ figured Eve had enough getting to know you time with the guys.  When they got back AJ went straight to the shower.

 

He walked out of the bathroom and over to the bed when he felt a strong draft and then realized his towel was missing.  Spinning around AJ saw Eve standing behind him with the towel in her hand.

 

“Hey” He said with a joking frown.  She didn’t say anything as she tossed him the towel and walked up to him.  Gently she pushed him and he stumbled back onto the bed. He tossed the towel behind him as she leaned down and kissed him.  AJ slowly leaned his body back as her lips traveled down his neck, chest and stomach.  As she knelt down in front of him he closed his eyes and slowly rolled his head back.  He noticed a little more aggression with her this time around and as he thought about it this afternoon too.  Something seemed different about her, the way she acted, the way she looked at him, kissed him, and the way she made love to him.  This time she took total control of the events until they laid exhausted on top of the bed.

 

“Wow, that was…” AJ said breathless.  “Wow.”

 

Eve lightly laughed as she crawled under the large blankets.  AJ laid there a moment still in a little daze and then joined her.  He doubled checked that he had put in a wake up call and then slid under the blankets as he wrapped Eve in his arms.

 

“Good night Alex.” Eve said half asleep.

 

“Night Sweetheart.” AJ said as he lightly kissed the top of her head.