- Text Size +
Title

                      An Illicit Gentleman

                         Chapter Twenty

 

 

  AJ sat at his kitchen island a cup of coffee in front of him.  His leg bounced as he lightly shook his foot.  He gently bit down on his pinky nail as he sat nervously waiting.  Two days ago he got out of rehab, yesterday he talked to Eve for the first time in almost a month, and now he was waiting for her to come home.  Her doctors at the Wellness Center said she could go to AJ’s for the weekend and come back Monday for a review.  If everything went well they would put her back under the care of her psychiatrist and go from there.

 

While they were both getting healthy Mats went in for his trial.  With video testimony from Eve and AJ he was easily convicted and sentence to twenty five years in prison for both the rape of Eve and attempted murder of AJ.   Unfortunately Mats accomplice was still out there he still would not give up a name and there was no trace of his DNA in the police system.

 

He took a deep breath as the door bell rang.  Putting down his coffee he got from the stool and headed out of the kitchen.  AJ walked down the hall to the front door and stopped before opening it.  He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, a bunch of what ifs went through his head.  What if she realized he wasn’t what she wanted?   What if she comes home and can’t adjust?  Taking another deep breath he opened his eyes again and then opened the front door.

 

“Hi” AJ said with a smile when he saw her standing in front of him.

 

“Hi” Eve smiled back.

 

AJ backed away and let her walk in closing the door behind her.  He locked it and turned around as she put her bags down.  Not sure what to do next, hug her, kiss her or just ask her to sit in the living room and talk, he stood by the door.  But it turns out he was nervous over nothing.  Eve walked over and hugged him, tightly and held on for a while.

 

“I missed you Alex.” She said after they both stood there for a moment.

 

“I missed you too.” AJ said with a light smile.  “I was worried about you.  How are you doing?”

 

She pulled slightly away from him, her arms still wrapped around his waist.  “I’m ok, doing much better.”

 

“Really?” AJ asked as his hand slid down the side of her arm.

 

“Yes” She nodded.  “I still have my moments but I’ve learned ways in dealing with it.”

 

“Well if you need anything let me know.” AJ told her as he pulled her against him and hugged her.

 

“I will” Eve replied as she held him tight.  “But how are things with you?” She asked as they both pulled away.

 

“I’m good, clean, sober, and wanting to stay that way this time.” AJ said with a light nod.  “For both of us.”  Eve smiled back at him as he took her hand in his.

 

“Did you hear about Mats?” She asked and he felt himself getting nervous at the subject.

 

“Yeah” AJ said with a nod.  “I wish he’d give up the other person.”

 

“My doctors says he won’t, it’s his way of trying to keep control over me, knowing I’d be wondering who was out there.” Eve told him as her thumb brushed along the back of his hand.  “But I know now he doesn’t have control, I do.”

 

“What about the…uh…” AJ stuttered trying to think of a good way to ask.

 

“The voices?” Eve asked and he nodded.  “There gone.” She replied with a soft smile.  “Turns out I was suffering from major anxiety but I hid most of it from everyone and because of that it lead to something like delusional depression, where I was so scared my mind played tricks on me.”

 

She walked them into the living room and they both sat down on the couch.  “I want too thank you Alex for everything you’ve done for me.  I was so lost but you helped me find my way and no matter what happens to us, you will always be apart of who I am.”

 

 “And I’ll continue to be here for you Eve.  I wasn’t just blowing smoke when I told you I loved you.  I knew it the first time I saw you and the fact I couldn’t get you out of my head.”  AJ leaned in closer to her, his fingers gently combed through her hair, and his eyes drifted from her lips to her eyes.  “That night in the booth I wasn’t going to tell you that you were special and made me feel different, I wanted to tell you that you made me feel, period.  For once in my life or relationships I wasn’t just going through the motions.  You made me want to be with you, I needed to be with you, I still do.”

 

She lightly smiled.  “And I still want and need to be with you Alex. Were you afraid I was going to get out and not want you anymore?”

 

“Maybe a little, maybe your feelings changed because of everything, maybe you didn’t want anything to do with that life anymore, me included.”  AJ said with a light smirk.

 

“You were the one I called.” Eve said as he rested his hand on the back of her neck.  “When they left me in the ally I was lost, scared, alone, and broken, I didn’t call the police, or Ted, I called you Alex and we weren’t even speaking at the time as far as I knew you wanted nothing to do with me but when I was that low all I could think of was getting to you and being safe in your arms.”  She leaned in and softly kissed his lips, lightly trapping his bottom lip.  They parted but they kept close, resting their foreheads together. “That night I promised myself if you came I would never let you go again.” 

 

Her lips brushed against his and AJ softly kissed her, their tongues gently brushing against each other.  A slight moan broke from his lips as her fingers drifted along the back of his neck.  Sluggishly his lips strolled from hers, he kissed her jaw bone, under her jaw, and down to her neck.  He then moved his lips back up her neck brushing them against her ear.

 

“I want you in my bed.” AJ whispered with a slight moan.  Slowly they pulled apart, his eyes drifted around her face before they locked with hers.  They both stood up, AJ taking her hand in his and walked her upstairs to his bedroom.  Eve followed him onto his bed and she laid against his pillows as he reverted his kisses to her neck.

 

She tilted her head to give his lips more room to explore as his hand drifted up her shirt.  He returned his lips to hers as he gently squeezed her breast through her bra.  His fingers yearned to touch the skin behind the satin material but his lips wanted to more.  Parting his mouth from hers as his hands lifted her shirt over her head, AJ didn’t return to her lips instead they started caressing her chest. 

 

His fingers snapped apart the bra clips and he let his eyes drift around her breasts as he pulled the undergarment from her.  She returned her fingers to his hair letting them gently slid around, her nails softly brushing against his skin.  AJ erotically caressed her breast with his kisses as her hands skimmed down his back.  Eve pulled his shirt off as he faintly pecked down her stomach. 

 

AJ unfasten her jeans and sat up as he pulled them off her.  Gliding his fingers tenderly up her inner thigh he looked at her, her left arm above her head, her right arm beside her and her eyes closed, he could easily read her body language.  Eve knew what he wanted to do and she waited with some eagerness for it.  Holding back he leaned down and started to caress her stomach with his lips, his hands gently pulling her left leg to the side.  He kissed down along her hip through her panties and the drifted to her inner thigh.  With his free hand he pulled the last piece of clothing off her. 

 

Eve moaned and lightly bit her lip as he went down on her.  Her leg rested gently on his shoulder as he sent a shiver through her.  She didn’t dare tell him this was the first time someone had done this for her, not wanting to disrupt the new sensations he sent through her.  Squeezing his pillow above her she fought the urge to close her legs; she arched her back and gasped in pleasure as his tongue erotically slid into her.  He seductively moaned and the vibrations sent shivers through her.  She cried out to him as she peaked, her body lightly shaking and AJ enjoyed every second of it.

 

He grabbed at his belt and began to remove his pants as his lips traveled back up her stomach and chest.  Her feet pulled his pants down as he kicked them off, hovering over her.  They’re lips finally meeting again AJ lowered himself down and pulled her leg around him as he slid into her.   His body rocked against hers and when she arched her back again he quickly shifted his arm under her.  He held her lower body against him as his pace quickened.  Now it was his turn to moan, to gasp and cry out her name.  His body trembled against hers as he let himself go. 

 

A little exhausted AJ collapsed beside her as his lungs panted for air.  He opened his eyes when he felt her lips on his chest and he lightly smiled before she brought them up to his, their tongues tangled around each other.  Eve slowly pulled away and their eyes locked.  He tenderly ran his fingers through her hair, brushing it from her face.  Their voices didn’t need to say the words as the couple looked at each other and instead their lips pressing against each other said “I love you.”

 

AJ walked down the stairs in his jeans very much awake from the event that had happen a half hour ago.  Eve on the other hand was very much asleep, wrapped up tight in his sheets.  He reached for his cigarettes hoping he hadn’t crushed them as his pants went flying off the bed.  With a relieved sigh he pulled a perfectly straight cigarette from the pack and lit it as he inhaled in.   His mind was completely distracted with thoughts of Eve in his bed he didn’t hear the knock at the door but the door bell ringing broke him from his erotic thoughts.

 

“Don’t you ever call?” AJ asked when he saw Kevin standing on the other side.

 

“I swear you two are like fucking rabbits.” Kevin sighed as AJ let him in.

 

“Jealous?” AJ asked as he closed the door.

 

“Not really.” Kevin sighed with a light laugh.  “How’s she doing?”

 

“Fine, she’s sleeping right now.” AJ said as they walked into his kitchen.  “So what’s up?”

 

“Came by to let you know we’re having a Barbeque tomorrow, Brian’s going to be in town with Leigh Anne and the baby, wanted to know if you and Eve wanted to come.”  AJ looked at Kevin a little unsure.  “He promises to behave, he wants to know how you’re doing and how she is doing, and I think after the last time they spent time together things went well.”  Kevin told him.

 

“I’ll ask her and see what she says.” AJ told him as he poured a cup of coffee.

 

“So I take it things are ok between the two of you?” Kevin asked looking at AJ with the older brother eye.

 

“Yes” AJ said ignoring the look.  “We love each other very much and right now I can’t really see myself with anyone else.”  Kevin lightly smirked, whether he meant to or not AJ heard it.  “I know I say that all the time.”

 

“Yeah but usually after the first week, you’ve been with her for a couple of months now.” Kevin joked and AJ smiled.  “You look at her different; I can tell she’s not like the others in your eyes.”

 

“She’s not Kev, not at all.  She doesn’t harp on the stupid shit, probably because she’s had to grow up so fast.  She let’s me fuck up and doesn’t give me flack for it, she wants to make me happy, make me feel good, not the other way around, ya know?”

 

“Yeah, I do.” Kevin nodded with a light smile.  “Oh hey did you hear about the meeting to discuss the new album?”

 

“Yeah, Wednesday right?” AJ said as he took a sip of his coffee.

 

“Yeah.” Kevin nodded.  “It’s kind of another reason I came by.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Nick wants to do a solo; Jive already has him in the studio.” Kevin told him.

 

“So”

 

“If he’s doing a solo we can’t do the next record we have to wait, contract says we all need to be there and Jive is saying they won’t let Nick do both.”  Kevin said as AJ listened.

 

“So what we have to wait?” AJ asked.

 

“Looks like it.”

 

“Fuck that shit dude, why can’t he do both? Why are they being dicks?”

 

“Because they lost N’Sync dude and with Justin pushing his new stuff, they want Nick too as well.”

 

“Bullshit!” AJ said angrily. 

 

“Tell me about it, I think that’s what this meeting is about, Jive will tell us no new record until Nick is done.” Kevin sighed.

 

“Is there anything we can do?” AJ asked.

 

“Sue them; get the contract changed, so we can make records with who ever wants to make a record at that time.” Kevin told him.

 

“Lovely.” He sighed as he took a sip from his cup.

 

“Is it really a bad thing to wait?” Kevin asked.

 

“What do you mean; you’re the one who’s always harping about keeping the momentum.”

 

“Yeah but look at us, you’re getting your life in order, you have someone who needs a hundred percent of you, it’s why you went back to rehab, Howie’s got so many deals going on he’s never in one place for longer than an hour, Brian is just ready to stop, and I’m feeling really burnt out.”

 

“And Nick does want to do a Solo.” AJ sighed.

 

“I think we should still fight them on it, that way if we take a month or two off and we want to come back they can’t stop us.” Kevin said to him as he stood up.  “But I do think, maybe it’s time we all took a well needed break, it’s not like we have major competition now.”

 

“I guess I got some shit to think about.” AJ said looking at him.

 

“Don’t stress to much, see what happens Wednesday.” Kevin told him as AJ got up from his stool.  “So call me later or tomorrow at let me know if the two of you will be stopping by.”

 

“Ok” AJ said as they both approached his front door.

 

“And I promise to start calling before I pop in.” Kevin smiled.

 

“I don’t care dude.” AJ said with a laugh.  Kevin smiled and gave his friend a goodbye wave as he headed down to the driveway.  AJ waved back and then closed the door, making sure to lock it.