- Text Size +
Title

                                            An Illicit Gentleman

                               Chapter Four

 

 

 

 As the night went on, the glasses filled the table and AJ noticed him and Eve had moved closer together on the bench.  She began touching his leg as she laughed at his jokes, sometimes she would lightly rub his thigh, and it would send a small shiver up his spine. He even got the nerve to let his hand slide across her thigh just below bottom of her skirt.

 

“Oh god I think I need another drink for this one.” Mats moaned as he stood up.  “Refill anyone?” He asked as the others laughed at his comment about the girl on stage.

 

“I could use one.” AJ said with a nod looking at the last little bit in the bottom of his glass.

 

“Me too.” Eve told Mats as AJ looked away from the woman trying to dance.  “I need a pick me up, come with me?”

 

“Huh?” AJ said looking at her a little confused.

 

“I need a pick me up come with me.” She told him as she held her hand down under the table.  AJ looked down and saw the small baggy in her hand.

 

“You?” AJ said but didn’t mean to sound so shocked.  “Yeah, yeah sure, where though? He asked looking around. 

 

“We can go into one of the private booths.” She said as they slid off the bench.

 

“Hey where you two going?” Mats asked as they came back with the glasses.

 

“We’ll be back.” Eve said as she took AJ by the hand and led him away from the booth.  He made sure he didn’t let go of her hand and even took the time to notice how soft her skin was.  They slithered through the crowd of people and walked up to a metal door. Eve nodded to one of the bouncers who smiled and nodded back at her.  She opened the door and lightly pulled him into the booth.

 

“They let you do this here?” AJ asked as she motioned for him to sit down on the bench.

 

“Ted doesn’t care what his girls do in his bar; he’d rather have us here doing it then somewhere where his guys can’t keep an eye on us.” Eve said with a shrug as she knelt in front of the bench.  She pulled a metal case from her purse and set it down on the seat.  AJ watched her separate the coke into six lines and then watched her place a small tube to her nose and inhaled quickly.  As she sat back against the bench and handed the tube to AJ.  He took it and leaned down inhaling the white powder through the tube and into his nose.

 

“Better?” She asked as he relaxed a lot.

 

“Much.” He said with a smile.  She leaned down and took another hit.  AJ went in for another one as Eve wiped her nose and sniffed a little.  They both finished the last lines and AJ caught himself staring at her as she put the case back into her purse.

 

“So what would have your answer been?” He asked and she looked up at him.  “If I wouldn’t have been an idiot and actually let you answer.” He said with a small smile.

 

“I would have said yes.” She replied.

 

“Really?” AJ said not being able to hide the stun in his voice.

 

“Yes, you seem shocked?”

 

“A little, I mean, it’s just Mats said you don’t go home with the guys that show up here.” AJ told her, his brain not being able to stop his words.  “Like all you do is dance.” He looked down at her hands as they slowly slid up his thighs and she leaned closer to him.

 

“Something tells me you’re not like these guys, just like I’m not like other dancers.” She said in a whisper and then she pressed her lips to his.  As their lips partially opened, their tongues slowly peaked out, and gently brushed against each other.  But to his own shock he stopped them and carefully pulled her away. She looked back at him, her eyes confused.

 

“I…I can’t do this.” AJ said as they looked at each other.  “I want to, god I want to.” He said almost kissing her again.  “But I can’t.  I can’t because I’m engaged.” Finally he said it out loud.

 

“You’re engaged?” Eve asked and AJ nodded.

 

“We’re having a lot of problems, we’re always fighting, and she’s not even living with me right now but that doesn’t give me the right to…”  He stopped and looked at Eve.  Her face was solemn and he felt his heart sink.  “I’m sorry I should have never led you on like I did but things between Sarah and I have been a wreck and then I met you, you made me…”

 

“I made you feel special and different and blah blah heard it all before from every guy that walks into this club.” Eve said as she stood up.

 

“No Eve wait that’s not what I meant.” AJ said lightly grabbing her shoulder. “Damn it I didn’t want this to happen.”

 

“Then what do you want AJ?” Eve asked angrily.  AJ grunted and headed for the door but before he turned the handle he stopped.

 

“I want to know why I can’t stop thinking about you, why you have me doubting a relationship I’ve had for 3 years, when trust me others have tired and failed.” His frustration with the situation, his sexual frustration mixed with the Jack and drugs, and AJ hit his breaking point.  “I want you, right here, right now, and I don’t really care what happens because of it!”  He shouted and then wondered if anyone outside the door heard him.

 

He looked at her waiting for her turn to yell, for her too tell him how he made her feel leading her on the way he did.  But it didn’t happen; instead she pulled his hand off the door knob and stood in front of him. They stared at each other for a minute and then began to kiss again.  When he felt the zipper to his pants fall he enticed her skirt to her hips and pulled down her panties.  In one motion he lifted her up, pressed her back against the wall. Their kisses were as lustful as the movements their bodies made against each other.  They tried to muffle their moans and cries with their lips but even the ones that escaped were not heard over the loud music and yelling outside the door. 

 

AJ felt himself go weak for a brief second as his lips fell against hers.  Her face covered in sweat, her make up slightly smudge and breathing heavy, she stared at him as he pulled his lips from hers.  Their eyes didn’t break from each other as AJ gently set her down and put her skirt back into place.  Kissing one more time they let this one last as long as it could, not knowing when or if they would ever have a chance again.  He pulled away and lightly smiled as he fixed her hair.  Stepping back he zipped up as Eve picked up her purse and underwear, tossing them into her small bag.

 

“Hope we look presentable.” AJ said as she reached for the door, he lightly laughed when she did.

 

“I hate you.” Mats said as Eve and AJ sat down.  Eve looked at the two confused but AJ just smiled and picked up his Jack.

 

The foursome sat and talked as the winners were announced and by the time everyone was heading home everyone at the table were three sheets to the wind.  AJ got up and helped Eve stand up, she stumbled and he caught her as they both busted out laughing.  He wrapped his arm around her waist and helped her walk out of the club as Mats called the cabs.  They stopped outside letting the cool breeze wake them up a little and AJ pulled a smoke from his pack.

 

“So, this fiancée of yours does she live with you?” Eve asked as AJ took a drag.

 

“Yeah but right now she’s staying with friends, wants us to cool off.” He told her as he rolled his eyes.  “I’d invite you back but knowing her and my luck she’d show up.” He said as he stumbled a little.

 

“How about my place?” She asked.

 

“Don’t see her showing up there, she doesn’t know where you live.” AJ said looking at her confused.  “Oh, I see what you’re saying.” He quickly said and smiled at her.  She started to laugh and it made him feel good.  “You want to go back to your place?” He asked.

 

“Yeah” She said with a soft smile and nod.  “I mean if you don’t want to that’s cool too.” 

 

AJ smiled as his hand slid around her back.  “Your place sounds good.”

 

“So who’s sharing what cab?” Mats asked as he walked up behind them.

 

“We’re going together.” AJ said pointing at him and Eve.

 

“Yeah I thought so.” Mats sulked jokingly as he walked past him.  “Call me tomorrow.” He said spinning around and looking right at AJ.

 

“Sure dude.” AJ said nodding.

 

It didn’t take long for the cabs to arrive as most cabbies sat in the area knowing the place would be getting out at this time.  They both piled in and Eve told the man the address to go too.  When the cab pulled out of the parking lot AJ looked over at her as she sat beside him.  She was looking out the window, her neck creeping out behind her hair.  His thoughts went back to the private room and how his lips felt against it. 

 

“Is Jack the only thing you drink?” Eve asked and his eyes broke from her neck.

 

“No” He replied shaking his head.

 

“Ok, cause I’m not sure if I have any left.” She told him.

 

“Beside, I think I’ve had my fill of drinking tonight.” He said as he looked at her, she caught the look in his eyes and it made her blush. 

 

When the cab pulled out AJ insisted on paying for it and after a quick fight, won.  AJ turned around as the cab pulled away and saw her waiting for him at the door to a large apartment complex.  He followed inside and onto the elevators.

 

“I’m sure it’s nothing like your place, from what I saw anyways.” Eve told him and he caught a little bit of embarrassment in her voice.

 

“It’s cool.” AJ told her with a smile.  “It’s a roof.”  She smiled as the elevator doors opened and he followed her out.

 

“This way” She told him pointing down the hallway to his right.  They walked down to about the middle of the hall and she stopped in front of a hunter green door.  He waited as she pulled out her keys and unlocked her door and he walked in as the lights flicked on.

 

The place was a lot better than he thought, clean, sleek, and the furniture looked nice too.  He took off his shoes and walked into the living room.  A small cheer from the kitchen made him turn around.

 

“I have some.” She said holding up a bottle of Jack.  “Night cap?”

 

“Yes” He smiled as she popped back behind the wall.

 

Sitting down on the couch he looked around at the room.  He noticed there were no pictures on the wall, well there were artsy pictures but no family pictures or pictures of friends. He looked at the shelves in the TV cabinet and noticed there were none there either. When he felt someone sit down next to him he looked over as Eve handed him a glass.

 

“Thanks.” He said as he took it and brought it too his lips.  “Hey I still have some, did you wanna do a couple of lines?” He asked and then drank half the glass right there.

 

“Yeah sure.” She agreed as she sat her glass down.  She got up and walked over to a cabinet as he pulled the small baggy from his wallet.  As he opened the bag she placed a small carrying table in front of him with everything he needed.  AJ cut it all up and they began to share the white powder.

 

Sitting back on the couch AJ relaxed as he sniffed up his last hit.  A strong buzz was coming back too him and he lightly smiled as his body calmed.  Not even the feeling of her hand drifting up his chest made him open his eyes and he kept them closed as her lips brushed along his neck.

 

“Are you sure you’re ok with this.” He asked finally opening his eyes and looking at her.

 

“Yes.” She nodded as she stared back at him.  “If I wasn’t I wouldn’t have stopped you from opening the door and leaving the booth and I sure as hell wouldn’t have brought you back here.”

 

AJ smiled as he leaned up and kissed her pulling her against him as he laid back against the couch again.  It wasn’t long before she asked him to take her to the bedroom and AJ picked her up and carried her there. 

 

The two people didn’t stop until early into the morning.  AJ was still awake as Eve sleeping soundly on his chest, her arm draped over his waist.  Carefully he reached for his watch on the night stand.

 

“Four am? Damn.” AJ sighed as he laid back against the pillow.  His eyes drifted down to the sleeping woman on him, his fingers lightly sliding through her hair as he thought about the night he spent with her.  He hated the thought of waking her but he wasn’t going to just leave on her, it was bad enough she had to share him.

 

“Eve?” He said as he brushed her hair from her face.  She mumbled a little and it made him smile.  “Eve.” He said again a little louder and this time he gently rocked her.

 

“Yeah?” She moaned as she slowly sat up.

 

“I need to go now.” He said the sadness in his eyes but he tried to hide it.

 

“Ok.” She nodded and it seemed to wake her up a little.  AJ climbed out of bed and walked around the room picking up his clothes and putting them on.  His shirt was un-tucked and he hadn’t done up his belt yet as he sat down beside her on the bed.  He put his socks on and then faced her. She looked at him her eyes half open as she held her blanket around her chest.  Leaning in he kissed her gently on the lips as he brushed her bangs from her face.

 

“I wish I could stay.” He whispered as their lips parted.

 

“It’s ok; you know where you can find me.” She said with a light smile.  Smiling back at her he kissed her one last time and then said goodbye.