- Text Size +
Title

                      An Illicit Gentleman

                           Chapter Six

 

            The sun laid over his eyes and no matter how much he tried to fight it, it eventually won and caused his eyes to open.  Turning his head away from the window he saw her sleeping beside him her head on her pillow, the pillow his arm was under.  Carefully he shifted his arm but he didn’t pull his arm out, instead he pulled her closer to him.  His hand slid over her hip and he lightly bunched some of the sheet in his hand.  His eyes drifted down to her neck as he let go of the sheet in his fingers and reached up brushing her hair from the rest of her neck.  Letting his fingers trickle down her bare back, AJ leaned closer to her and softly brushed his lips along her neck. 

 

            Her hand touched his chest and he knew she was waking up.  Slowly he rolled her onto her back, letting his lips follow along and switched to her other side.   When her head rolled back he moved his kisses to the middle of her neck, starting on the small dip at the bottom and moving up under her chin, he kissed her chin at her jaw line and then met her lips. 

 

            “Morning.” She whispered as his eyes locked on hers.

 

“Morning.” He whispered back as he leaned in and began kissing her again.

 

Lifting himself on top of her his lips not breaking away, AJ laid against her and pulled her leg around the back of his waist.  Eve softly moaned as his body rocked against hers and he let her lips go as her back arched.  Reaching behind her Eve grabbed her pillow; AJ slid his hand up her arm and took her hand in his.  She wrapped her fingers around his as he held her arm above her head. 

 

He didn’t let go of her hand until his sweaty body collapsed next to hers both of them breathing heavily.  Turning on his side he pulled the blankets up and wrapped her back in his arms.  He lightly kissed her forehead as her fingers softly ran down his chest. 

 

The sound of his cell phone ringing broke them from their moment and she sat up as he leaned over the edge of the bed to get his phone.  He looked at the name on the display and his face fell in puzzlement as he saw Kevin’s name.

 

“Hello?” He said answering.

 

“Where the hell are you?” Kevin said angrily into the phone.

 

“Um, why do you care?” AJ asked.

 

“Because you were suppose to be at a meeting with us about finalizing the set list.” Kevin snapped back and AJ slapped his forehead.

 

“Fuck dude I’m sorry I completely forgot.” AJ said with a sigh.

 

“Well considering what happen yesterday with Sarah I’m letting it slide but get here now.” His band mate said sternly.

 

“I’m out the door.” AJ said before saying goodbye and hitting end on his phone.

 

“You have to go?” Eve asked standing at the door in her robe.

 

“Yeah I have a meeting for the tour set list, I completely forgot.” AJ said dressing as fast as he could.  As he buttoned up his shirt Eve sat down on her bed and picked up his phone.  He watched as she typed something into his it.  “What are you doing?” He asked as he sat down putting his socks on.

 

“Giving you my numbers,” She said as she handed him the phone.  “I like to relax on my days off, so I’ll be home.”

 

“Ok.” He said as he smiled at her and took his phone. 

 

They kissed one last time at the door and he told her he would call as soon as he was done.  They said goodbye and AJ waited until her door was closed before leaving.  He knew he didn’t have time to go home and change so he tried to clean himself up on the way there.

 

“About damn time.” Kevin said as he opened the office door.

 

“I totally forgot.” AJ said as he walked over to an empty chair.

 

“Nice of you to dress up.” Nick said looking at him and his clothes.

 

“You were out all night drinking again weren’t you?” Brian asked.

 

“No I wasn’t.” AJ said staring at him.  “I spent the night with a friend, smell my damn clothes if want too.”

 

“Friend?” Nick asked.  “Did you sleep on the top bunk or bottom bunk?”

 

“Fuck you.” AJ shot at him.

 

“Dude, seriously you just broke up with Sarah, like yesterday.” Howie said from across the table.

 

“It was over way before yesterday D and you can’t deny that.” AJ replied looking at him.

 

“Still man, even I know there is such a thing as etiquette.” Nick scoffed.

 

“You fucking hate Sarah, what are you talking about.”  AJ said looking at him.

 

            “You’re right I don’t, I’ve just been hearing these two bitch all morning.” Nick sighed as he pointed to Kevin and Brian.

 

“So you were with someone.” Kevin said looking at him

 

“Fine, ok, Yes I was and I was enjoying myself but you called me here to talk about the set list so lets do that or I’m going back to my friends house.” AJ said wanting the banter to end.  Nick snickered as the others rolled their eyes.

 

Through the whole meeting he could tell Kevin was staring at him.  Wanting to know who this friend was and why was he with her so soon after breaking up with Sarah.  Brian and Kevin were bickering over where to put The Perfect Fan on the list and AJ found himself looking for his cell phone.  Pulling it from the buckle he went to the text messaging symbol.

 

“I’m almost done here, wanna grab something to eat?” He typed out with his keypad and then hit send.  Looking up he tuned in the conversation again, still nothing interesting and he pretended to pay attention until his cell vibrated.  Sneaking a look down, he read the reply.

 

“Sure, r u picking me up?” She asked.

 

“Yes Ma’am” He typed back and sent it away.

 

“Earth to Alex.” Kevin said as AJ felt a nudge from Nick.

 

“What?” AJ asked looking at him.

 

“I said we’re almost done here do you wanna get something to eat?” Kevin said.

 

“Naw I’m good.” AJ said shaking his head looking back down at his phone.  “Oh, so are we done here?” He asked as he realized what Kevin said.

 

“Almost” Kevin quickly said.  AJ rolled his eyes as his phone vibrated again.

 

“Attachment?” AJ said to himself as he looked at the text.  He clicked on the link and a picture popped up on the screen.  His eyes almost shot out of his head as he quickly looked up and turned the display of his phone down.  Looking around he checked out the guys seeing if anyone noticed his reaction.  No one seemed to as they were busy talking about where to go eat.  The shock starting to wear off he tilted his cell a little bit and peeked at the picture that was sent to him.  Raising an eyebrow he saw that it wasn’t that bad of a shot of her as she laid across her bed naked.

 

“We’re done.” Someone said and he turned his phone over again.

 

“Cool.” He said clearing his throat standing up. When he knew no one was looking he saved the picture and then put his phone away.

 

“So this new chick is she hot?” Nick asked as AJ looked at him. 

 

“Yeah when are we going to meet her?” Howie asked.

 

“Meet her?” AJ asked.  “I don’t even know her last name yet.”

 

“And yet he sleeps with her.” Brian sniped up.

 

“Yeah cause you totally need a last name to do that.” AJ shot back.  Nick snickered and then was smacked from Kevin.

 

“Damn it, I’m not sixteen anymore.” Nick whined.

 

“So…” Howie said still waiting for a reply.

 

“I don’t fucking know.” AJ whined back.  “I just met her this week, I had the fight with Sarah and it was nice just being with someone last night, alright Starr, Marilynn, Barbra and the other chick?”

 

“Who?” Brian said confused.

 

“He called us the woman of the View.” Howie said explaining the insult to him. 

 

“Yeah cause we all look like Starr Jones.” Nick scoffed.

 

“Give it time.” AJ said patting his stomach as he headed to the door.

 

“Bite me asshole.” Nick shot back as AJ opened the door.

 

“AJ wait.” Kevin said as he caught up to him in the hall.

 

“What?” AJ sighed.

 

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Kevin asked.

 

“Yes I am but if people keep being all up in my face and not give me my space I might not be.” AJ said implying about all their questions.

 

“I know but we were thinking that maybe now, if it’s really over with Sarah you could go back to rehab and…”

 

            “Ending this conversation right now.” AJ said quickly as he turned around.  “I’ve got it under control.”

 

            “No you don’t Alex.” Kevin shouted after him.  “It’s never under control!” It was the last thing he heard him yell as he walked onto the elevator.

 

            Soon after he had rolled up in front of Eve’s place, he texted her at a red light and let her know he was on his way.  She came out the front doors and got into the passenger side.  AJ looked her up and down, noticing how tight her dark blue jeans were, how the large black belt sat on her hips and the way her tank top clung to her curves.

           

“Thanks for the picture.” He said as he pulled out of the driveway.

 

“Wish I could have seen your face when you got it.” She smiled.  “Hope I didn’t get you into trouble.”

 

“I almost had a stroke right there but no one noticed.” He told her as he looked at her.  “Anymore coming?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

 

“Maybe, if you’re good.” She teased as her fingers trickled down the back of his neck.