- Text Size +

On our way I watched every little detail of the scenery. I was loving it, although my guide wasn’t talking to me that much… He was still mad at me. His eyes were staring at a far point in the distance, his fingers were fiddling with the wheel and I was feeling uncomfortable with that situation. But I didn’t want to ruin any chance I could have to enjoy his company so I kept in silence too.

            We crossed Los Angeles and after about an hour driving we arrived at a huge amusement park. I couldn’t believe he me took to Disneyland. That explains his outfit. What made him think that I would like to go there? Not that I didn’t but I didn’t expect anything this different. Would have he planned this or was it cause he was mad at me? Whatever, I would enjoy it as much as I could!

            We looked for a vacant parking place and parked the car very far from the entrance. As he stopped the car he finally looked at me and smirked. I didn’t understand it but I smiled back shyly. He got out of the car and so did I. And for my surprise he came to me and held me in his arms. “Thanks”, he whispered in my ear and I could feel his smile while he said that. We walked to the entrance gate hand in hand. When we reached the park he asked me, “Are you ready for fun?” and pulled me straight to the line for the roller coaster. I guess he didn’t realize my frightened face, he was so excited!

            “Nick, take it easy!! I’m on high heels!!” I shouted at him in order to make him slow down, but instead he glanced at me. “I told you to come comfortable! It’s not my fault…” I didn’t let him finish his sentence, “Whoa, man wait a minute! You didn’t tell me where you would bring me! How would I imagine I was coming to an amusement park?!” His eyes fell and he apologized and we walked to the roller coaster then. 

            Gosh! This was the weirdest date I have ever had, if this was even a date! This guy was crazy and I think that’s what exactly caught my eye about him.

            It was getting dark and we still had a lot of attractions to go but probably we wouldn’t have enough time. I glanced at my watch and it was already eight o’clock. “Nick! We gotta go! Take a look what time it is! I have school tomorrow and I bet you get some work to do!” He froze, “Oh god! You’re right we better get going”

            Then we left the park but not very far we found the road closed. There was nowhere to go. We looked at each other in disbelief. What would we do? Then a cop came to our car and bent towards Nick’s window. “Sorry, sir, but the road is closed until tomorrow. You can spend the night in one of the hotels in the park. The road will be open again tomorrow early in the morning.” Nick nodded, turned the car and pulled over.

            “So…I guess we have to stay here. Is it a problem?”, he asked me and I saw concern upon his face. I was scared for many reasons: we didn’t know what had happened, I was away from home and didn’t know what Anne would say. I couldn’t answer his question at first. My thoughts were running through my head. Besides how was I supposed to afford a room in the hotel? And with Nick?!

            He was still staring at me waiting for an answer. Well, there was nothing to be done. We would have to sleep there. “I shouldn’t stay, but as we have no way out… I just need to call Anne and tell her what happened.” He immediately started the car again and headed for one of the hotels. We had to go to most of them as they were all full.

            Finally we found a room, only one. “Crissy, this is the last hotel. Either we share the room or we sleep in the car.” I didn’t know what was worse: not sleeping well in the car or maybe not sleeping at all in a comfortable room. Who was I fooling? This was every girl’s dream. I was exhausted after all the adrenaline from that day so I decided to give in and try a good night at the hotel.