- Text Size +

The next morning I woke up with the sunlight in my eyes, we had forgotten the curtains open. It was so good to wake up like that, feeling his heartbeat, cuddle with him. I took a deep breath and held him tighter. I guess he felt it too, cause he held me against his chest too, running his fingers through my hair and down my back. At first I responded to his touch, but suddenly I remembered it wasn’t a dream. I was in a hotel room with him in Disneyland.

            My first reaction was to free myself from his arms. I rolled over to face him, but I could hardly open my eyes because of the sunlight. “Nick! What happened here?! Oh my God!!” I was freaked out. I covered my body as to hide it from him, not even noticing that I was still dressed. Me and him. He was speechless looking at me. “Crissy…I…I…” He glanced around to try to understand the situation and then started laughing. “Crissy, look at yourself! We’re still dressed. I guess we fell apart last night after that tickling session.”

            It was my time to look around and understand his words. I was so ashamed of myself, so I covered my face too with the sheets. “Ooooh, sorry, Nick. What a shame!” Again I acted like a fool. I believe I really am one. He moved on the bed and I stayed in silence. I uncovered half of my face shyly to know what he was doing and he was laid side by side me, with his head on his hand staring at me, a great grin upon his face. I looked into those sparkling eyes and tried a smile.

            “Hey, little girl, don’t worry!”, he said gently “you’re so cute, all shy” I had to smile; he was so sweet with me. I had just screwed up everything and even so he was all kind to me. “Nick, I’m so sorry. You must think I’m an idiot…” He didn’t let me finish my sentence. “Hun, don’t say a word, it’s okay. You freaked me out too, but… nevermind…”, he said putting his finger over my lips. We both laughed and I stretched my arms above my head.

            Then I got up and went straight to the bathroom, he stayed in bed. I got ready to go back home but when I left the bathroom he was asleep again. I kneeled down beside his side of the bed and stroke his jaw. He opened his eyes to my touch. “Nick, we’d better get going. It’s almost 10 o’clock” Instead, he grabbed me and threw me on the bed with him again. “I’d rather stay longer and give you a chance to get even with me from last night. What do you think?” he said already tickling me one more time. I was weak of laughing and I couldn’t answer properly, “Nick…stop… we gotta….go… ahh…”

            “Okay, okay, let’s go home!” he finally agreed and let go of me standing up and leaving for the bathroom. While I waited for him, I turned the tv on and watched some news. The road was still closed, there had been some major problems and everybody was stuck in Disneyland. He left the bathroom and joined me in the room. “What’s that? We can’t go back yet?” he asked with a different tone in his voice, like he was enjoying it. “No, Nick. Something bigger happened there and we will have to wait a little more here…”

            As we had nothing else to do than wait we went to the hotel’s restaurant for breakfast. Then we had a long walk until we decide it was time to try to hit the road. Finally it was open again and we could leave Disney.

            “Thanks for the fun, Nickolas. We could do that always… but please, check if the roads are open first” I giggled as the car stopped in front of my house. “Sure babygirl, whenever you are free! We’ll do it again!” He leaned close to me and kissed me in the cheek. I grinned and left the car. I was in heaven, that was the best night of my life.