- Text Size +

The next day, I woke up and couldn’t move on the bed. There was something on the blankets hooking it. As the room was dark because of the dark curtains I couldn’t see what was around me. With some effort I could uncover my arm and reach for the lamp on the night stand aside my bed. When I turned it on, Nick was at the door for the bathroom watching me. (Bastard, he didn’t even help me…) As I looked at the bed I saw a lot of packages (could they really hook me on the bed that way? Only them?). I looked at Nick in disbelief.

            He slowly walked to me and sat beside me. “Good morning, my love! Won’t you see the gifts I bought for you?”, he said stroking my face. The only reaction I had was to cup his face and cover him in kisses. I didn’t care for the gifts (but I gotta assume they were really helpful. It was freezing there and my coats weren’t enough.) He helped me with the packages and as soon as we finished we had breakfast and went sightseeing. Switzerland was incredible, one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been, if not the most.

            We spent all morning just walking and visiting interesting places. We had a wonderful time, with lots of laughters and funny old stories from when we were children. He loved to tell me funny stories about the guys, all his tricks to make fun of the other boys. I loved to listen to him. He was so active and he had a light in his eyes when he told me this. I think it was the best time of his life.

            At lunch time, we stopped at a restaurant that made me feel like home, so comfy it was. Then suddenly, he told me about his best friend and my cousin. (He knew about them and didn’t tell me anything before!? Why was I the last to know?) He told me their house in Orlando was almost ready, but when I asked what happened and since when they were together he pretended not to know. He said Brian was so happy and that maybe we could even meet each other, as they were in Europe too. I couldn’t wait to see Kayleigh so she could tell with details how that happened.

            But then I understood why Nick was talking about Brian and Kayleigh. He was telling that our house would be ready soon too. I didn’t expect that, I mean, I wanted to be involved in it since the very first moment… but he was telling me how big it was and when he described the view of the living room, it hit me; the house was California, My jaw dropped. I would have to leave my mom! I never imagined leaving her and moving to a different country… No problem for me! I was in love, of course I’d do anything for him. And come on, it’s California we were talking about. I was laughing inside and it showed because he looked so happy looking at me.

            “Nick, as soon as this trip is over I wanna go to California and see my new house!”, I said between giggles. He said I would have time. We still needed all the furniture and supplies for the house and I’d be the responsible for that.

            Just like when I was a child and pretended to arrange everything for my doll’s houses, now it was my own time to do it by myself, for real. Well, you know, not all by myself, Nick would help me. I wanted our house to be a reflection of ourselves. And I didn’t waste time. I started buying some little things there, in Switzerland. I bought some portraits and lots of ballerinas, little angels and a board where I intended to put some of our pictures, like writing our love story with images. Nick bought a lamp that when turned on reproduced the deep sea on the walls (any doubt he loves the sea?). Okay, I have to say that I always wanted one of those, but never imagined having it in my house, after married.

            But hey, that trip was not t buy things for the house. We were in Switzerland, I needed some chocolate!!! In the first day, we bought only a box of bonbons, uhmm delicious. I still can taste them. They were filled with liqueur. The strawberry liqueur was amazing, I still have some of the packing that I kept as a remembrance.

            At the end of the day, my cell phone rang. It was my mom. Poor mom, I hadn’t talked to her yet. We spent half an hour on the phone, and believe me or not, it was not time enough for me to tell her all the news.

            When we got back to our hotel room I just let myself fall on the bed, letting go a deep breath. With my eyes closed I rolled over and my sweet baby made me a massage. How relaxing. A massage and a bath were all that I needed. That night I slept like a baby.

            One day I sent an email to Kayleigh asking how things were with them and of course I asked every detail about their relationship. Not that I expected an answer soon but I thought it was worth trying. Nick said he also needed to talk to Brian about their tour. The other boys had called to set a meeting, but they couldn’t find Brian. So I told Kayleigh about the meeting, hopefully she would check her mailbox.