- Text Size +

The rest of the trip was incredible. We visited all the important places, incredible parks, we watched beautiful plays and great concerts. He had some friends over there and we usually went out together, we had a great time. But everything that’s good lasts short and we had to come back.

            Of course I made him take straight to our house. It was beautiful, very big and comfortable. It was almost ready. We could move in in two weeks. Until then we would stay either in my house in Brazil or in his in Florida.

            We went to AJ’s house to spend that weekend. I had received an answer from my cousin. She sent me an email before I left Switzerland but I didn’t have time to check it then. She said they were back in Brazil, enjoying the Carnival from Salvador. She tried to make me envious telling me about the hot guys dancing axé, the typical dance of Bahia. Uh, who cared about hot guys, dressed only in trunks, shaking their sculptural bodies when I had the sweetest man by my side? Okay, I may be married but not dead” Hot guys and the groove of Bahia’s Carnival was impossible to resist. And hey I was in the cold lands of Europe. I missed the hot air of a tropical country. Thanks God we were back in California. It wasn’t as hot as Salvador, but it would do!

            I didn’t waste any second: I went shopping for the house right away. Poor Nick, he just wanted to enjoy the beach and I dragged him with me to furniture stores, malls, department stores. At least he can’t deny he didn’t have fun. Sometimes we acted like kids, sitting on every couch just to check which was better, laying in every bed just to feel in which room we’d be more comfortably fit. Gosh, fortunately the security didn’t chase us after our little make out session in the bedroom’s department.

            Finally we bought a king sized bed, which by the way was the one that served as scenery for our make out session. Why would that be? Great memories? Funny memories? Yeah, probably second option, of course the feeling of being caught would help improving the environment in our bedroom. God, I guess I’m getting as insane as my cousin…

            Well some days later, Kayleigh called me. She was still in Bahia. The Carnival there starts before than the rest of the country and finishes later. I bet she was having the best time of her life. She always loved that and it was typically her. She told me she participated in the Summer Festival and believe it or not she sang on the stage with Ivete Sangalo. Ivete is the most known singer of Bahia and makes success all over the country with her dancing songs that contaminates everyone who listens. As I read the letter I pictured Kayleigh on stage, probably as drunk as always, maybe even more. That girl knows how to enjoy every little bit of her life.

            Poor Brian, I bet he was kinda lost in that crowd watching Kay on the stage. But the funniest image is him dancing axé, trying to catch up with the dancers and the choreographies. Hilarious! I have difficulties to dance those songs… But Kay sure taught him some nice steps.

            Two weeks later my cousin and Brian came back to Orlando and the boys got back on tour. Nick and I barely had time to enjoy our house and he had to leave. Of course the boys talked during this time. They used to have conference calls every other day and they spent like hours on the phone. I remember about three days before the tour resumed, they stayed all day long in a hangar rehearsing the steps and the singing thing.

Me and the other girls had three days just for us! We laughed a lot together, they’re just awesome. I thought they wouldn’t accept Kayleigh very well, but for my surprise, she already knew some of them and all of them got along pretty well.

            We joked with AJ’s girl that they would be the next to get married. She looked a little pleased but later that night when we told him the same thing he looked a bit annoyed…so we changed subjects. We talked about every thing that night. The guys couldn’t stop making fun of Brian in the pictures Kay showed us of their trip to Salvador. He tried to change the subject again, turning it to our house, but it took us more than 20 minutes to do so. Everybody was happy and having a good time. It was incredible how much they looked like a real family, for sure with some arguments, but with a lot of love too. I felt so good there among all of them.