- Text Size +

Me and the other girls usually attended to their shows. We had a lot of fun in the backstage, commenting every move they made on the stage. It was difficult to listen to each other due to the loud music and the screaming girls. While they were on rehearsal or doing some interview we usually walked along together, meeting nice people, even fans. They treated us so well, but some dissed us, they just couldn’t get along with the idea of their idol was married or had a relationship with any girl but them. But little by little, we learned how to get over these unpleasant things.

            And then came the day when the boys announced on television they would get a break on the tour because of AJ. He went to rehab and the other four guys went their separate ways. For almost five years their contact was very rare. Nick started his solo career, which he wanted so much… He used to tell me he felt like doing that for such a long time and he was so happy.

            Kayleigh and Brian are still together and they were the only ones who kept in touch with us often. Kay sent me a letter or email a week and every time she wrote I knew they were in a different place in this planet. They went to all countries in Europe and some amazing places in Oceania. Sometimes we traveled together. Nick and I had bought a house in Caribbean. He could enjoy the beaches and I could enjoy the Latin rhythm that I always loved. And guess what?! Kay convinced Brian to buy a house in Salvador. She’s incredible! Nick and I had gone there for Carnival and he simply loved it. Well, with the pretty women, I couldn’t expect any other reaction. Brian and he exchanged looks sometimes that I could tell what they were thinking. In response, I just looked at my cousin and we both nodded and shrugged, just to confuse our men.

            After AJ left rehab he went to Salvador with us. We were all scared and didn’t know how to act in front of him. We tried to avoid drinks as much as we could, but he was a nice boy and had control. In few days everything was back to normal. We spent some time at Ivete’s house (as my cousin and she became like best friends). It was a blast!

            All of us used to go out together and party as much as we could. Every time we met was a different experience, not to say a crazy and wild one. But sometimes, we just reunited at somebody’s house and we had our party there. We didn’t need much to have fun, we were the fun for ourselves.

            Until today when I remember those happy moments I laugh, actually I miss that time. Oh, no! nothing’s really changed. We’re still the same and we still are together, but as time passes we find interest in other things, if you know what I mean… But old memories are always good to be remembered. They remind us that we lived and not just passed by life.

            As I lay on my bed with this pen and the paper, I look around and see how much my baby has given to me and how much I have to offer to him. Maybe we will need another party to celebrate it all…Where did I let my phone book? I gotta make some phone calls…

            “Valerie…Valerie…we’ll have a party tonight. Can you take care of the food and drinks? I’m calling the guys…”

            And here we go again…I wouldn’t be surprised if tomorrow I am in Thailand… Our parties always end in nice trips…