- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Sorry about the lack of updates. Enjoy!

I couldn't believe they pulled it off. I had to assume they were all in on it due to the fact that Jon had been in town when I was talking to him the night before and Sharon. Sharon's my best friend. She couldn't even hold back the fact that she'd kissed my man. I don't know how in the hell she did it all day without bursting at the seams. I didn't even realize she had her phone out recording it I was so wrapped up in him. I always told my friends that I'd be the last girl to be all giddy and mushy when it came to falling in love but I guess this was the moment that was supposed to catch you off guard. Even with all their idiosyncrasies, you don't expect it. There are a rare few that other men make fun of but they got the girl so they did something right. Like mine. It's not always about the flowers and candy girls. No, it's what comes from his heart that makes him romantic. After a few lingering kisses that I was sure our friends were getting sick of, he returned to his chair but moved it closer to me. I couldn't take my eyes off the ring though.

Sharon really hadn't got a good look at herself and grabbed my hand. I looked up into Donnie's eyes as she inspected it.”You did good boy,”she teased him.

“Yes you did,”I agreed and kissed him softly.”Can I ask you something though?”

“Anything baby,”he answered.

“Where did you get this ring?”

“I designed it.”

If I'd ever had any doubts about his love for me before, that would have been the moment that they would have disappeared but that was something I never doubted. I always knew he loved me. Always. We just had to get in the same place at the same time again to make it work.”Have I told you how much I love you?” I whispered.

“Not tonight.”His lips turned to that smile that just melted me before kissing me for the...I'd lost count.

“Wait 'til I get you home,”I said before we were interrupted for our order. Jon asked him for a few minutes more as we all finally took a serious look at what was on the menu. Food was not what I was craving at the moment.

“I can't wait but I do have one more surprise for you.”He grinned behind the menu we were sharing.

“Keep the menu where we can keep an eye on you kids,”Jon teased us.

“Leave 'em alone,”Sharon said.”They're in love. We should get so lucky.”

She was right and I hoped that one day they'd be as happy as we were.


DONNIE


The way her face lit up when I put the ring on her finger was something I'd never forget but I was glad that Sharon thought enough to record it. Remember how I said I had no doubts about her liking the ring? As it got closer to the moment, I started getting those nerves. I mean she'd already said yes but what if she didn't like my choice of ring? I was no expert there. So, after dinner Sharon and Jon went their separate way as did Meg and I. I had something special planned. I even blindfolded her until we got to our destination. Once I assisted her up into the cart, I removed the makeshift blinder. The look in her eyes priceless. I'd always promised her a carriage ride through Central Park but I'd never made good on it until now. I was glad I waited.

“Are we all set?” The driver turned back to us.

I nodded then looked back to her.

“I can't believe you did all this for me.”

“I know you don't like a lot of fanfare but you deserve every minute of tonight.”

“I love you so much Donnie.” She softly kissed me then snuggled up against my chest.

We spent the better part of the ride comfortably silent; occasionally sharing a kiss as the darkness enveloped us.

As the driver pulled to a stop, he turned back again and asked,”So how long you two kids been together?” He was an older gentleman.

I smiled at Meg and replied,”Forever.”

“You just got engaged?”

“Yeah.”

“So how long have you really been together?”

Meg answered,”We've known each other since we were teenagers but went our separate ways when college came around. A few years ago, we were reunited thanks to a mutual friend.”

“Well it's nice to see a young couple so in love getting that second chance.”

“Thank you, “she said and cuddled even tighter against me.

We needed to get home or I was going to lose it. I thanked him, tipped him and it was all I could do to keep my hands to myself until we got through our door. I tossed the keys on the end table. Sharon had taken care of Meg's magazines so the only thing she was carrying was the small purse she'd left with earlier in the day. It joined my keys on the table and we made it to the bedroom. She was in the mood like I'd never seen before but I slowed her down.”Hey princess. We've got all night. I intend to make sure every second of it count for you.”

“ I know. I just missed you so much I can't keep my hands off you,”she pouted.

“Meg,”I scolded. I knew what she was doing.

“What?”She licked her lip as she languidly undid the buttons on her blouse; allowing it to float to the floor.

This was a game of ours and one I loved. One we hadn't really played since we first hooked up. Once we got past that initial 'can't keep my hands off you' phase, it helped us really learn each other's hot spots. She turned her back to me; undoing her jeans and wiggling out of them. I guess you could call it our own personal strip shows for the other. She detached the hooks of her bra and held herself up before letting it go and tossing it over her shoulder toward me. She made her way to the bed in nothing but her panties and it was all I could do to contain the situation going on in my pants but it was my turn.

I drew the form fitting shirt ever so slowly up over my body; teasing her with the view I knew she loved the most. I tripped the button on my jeans and turned my back to her; letting her get an eyeful of my ass. I took it a step further this time though as I eased out of my boxers. I eased onto the bed next to her and looked deep into her eyes. I was going to make love to her like I'd never touched her before in my life. I was going to give her a night to remember.