- Text Size +

 

Chapter 14

Amy woke up with a strange feeling. She needed to talk to Dottie alone. It was still early and she didn't want to wake her up, especially if Dottie and Nick finally did it. Making her way out of bed, she grabbed her clothes and put them on. Amy padded her way to the balcony. She needed time to think.

So many things were going through her mind. First she was thinking about Dottie. She just had a feeling that something was bothering her best friend. Amy knew that her friend was doing well, but there was times that the past came back to haunt her. Dottie was lucky to have Nick. He was everything she wanted and more. It was true love.

That brought her thoughts to Brian. Everything was going perfect in their relationship. That made Amy happy, but she was wondering when it would fall apart. Looking back at her past relationship they always started out like the perfect romance movie, but ended with a ton of drama. She didn't know if she could take that again. Her heart told her that Brian was the one, but her mind told her that she needed to cautious. Apparently she was leading with her heart, because things were happening faster than she imagined.

"A, are you okay?" Brian came out on the balcony when he noticed Amy was missing from the bed.

"Yes. No. I don't know." Amy didn't realize she was crying until Brian started talking to her.

"Baby, talk to me. I don't like seeing you cry." He sat down next to Amy and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"I just woke up feeling strange. My mind was Dottie. I hope everything is okay with her." Amy told him half of what I was thinking about. For some reason she didn't want to share her insecurities with Brian.

"I'm sure Nick is taking care of Dottie. A, I know you want to go see her, but it's early. Why don't we go back to bed for a while?"

He took her hand and pulled Amy back to bed. She really didn't feel like going back to sleep. Her mind was full of everything. When they got into bed, she laid with her back towards Brian.

"Amy what's wrong? Are you mad at me?"

"Of course not. I don't know what's wrong." Tears poured down her face. She couldn't look Brian in the face.

He moved her hair and placed a kiss on her cheek. "You know you can talk to me."

Amy didn't say anything. She knew she was being irrational, but she didn't know why. Usually, Amy was cool and composed, but at the moment she seemed to be falling apart. This left her feeling vulnerable about everything.

"Are you mad at me?" Brian asked frustrated. He had never seen Amy act like this in the time he knew her.

"No." She answered quietly.

"That wasn't a convincing no." He sat up. Amy could tell that he was annoyed with her. She couldn't help the way she was feeling. She didn't like it either. It was new for her.

"I'm sorry." Was all she could utter.

"Did I do something?" Brian was confused about the sudden change in Amy.

"No, Brian." Amy snapped. "I don't know what the hell is wrong. I just feel emotional. I don't feel like talking."

"You don't have to yell at me."

"Brian, I wasn't yelling, but you keep harping on it." She got out of bed.

"I'm worried about you." He followed her.

"I'm fine. Now stop following me." Amy stated a little too harshly.

"Fine. When you pull your head out of your ass come talk to me."

"Whatever Brian. I'm going to go see D." She walked towards the door.

"It's six thirty in the morning." Brian pointed out.

"I'm glad you can tell time. Best friends don't care about time." With that Amy left.

 

She knocked on Dottie's door. It took a few minutes before anyone answered. Amy continued to cry even though she was pissed.

Nick answered the door in a pair of boxers. His hair was disheveled. "Is everything okay?" Nick hated seeing women cry.

"Not really. Sorry to wake you. I need to talk to Dottie."

"Yeah, come on in." Amy followed Nick inside. She had to smile when she saw the messy bed. Dottie and Nick finally did it. That alone brightened her day.

Dottie walked out of the bathroom looking refreshed from the shower. She took Amy by the arm and they went to the balcony.

"What's wrong, A?" Dottie could see that her friend was upset.

"Nothing important. Tell me about last night." Amy flopped down on a chair making herself comfortable.

"It was wonderful. It turned out to be the perfect time." Dottie decided not to mention the nightmare. "How was your romantic date?"

"To fancy. We ended up coming back to the hotel and having burgers and shakes." Amy paused because tears threatened to fall. She didn't want to cry. "I'm not cut out to be a fancy woman."

"Is something bothering you?" Dottie could see that her best friend was on the verge of a meltdown.

"Yeah, but I came to see you, D. I woke up and something just felt off with you. Is everything okay?" Amy didn't want to talk about Brian. She was more concerned with her friend."

"Wow, A. How did you know? I had a nightmare last night. It was awful, but talking with Nick helped" Amy gave Dottie a hug. "I'm just tired of these nightmares. I thought they would be over by now, but they keep appearing. I hate it. A, I want a normal life."

"D, I know you hate the nightmares. They totally suck. Maybe it's just your brain trying to process everything you are feeling about what happened. It might be a good idea to write about your nightmares. Putting those thoughts on paper might help get them out of your head." Amy suggested.

"I'll think about it. Now tell me why you haven't stopped crying since you got here." Dottie knew something was up. Amy wasn't herself.

"I don't know. I woke up an emotional mess. That's so not me." Amy stopped talking. She knew if she continued there would be more tears. She was tired of crying.

"I noticed when you came in you were a wreck. Does this have anything to do with Brian?"

"D, yes and no. I'm not really sure. He did piss me off. I didn't want to talk about it and he thinks I'm mad at him."

"Are you mad at him?" Dottie questioned her best friend. Brian and Amy made a great couple. She didn't want to see things fall apart for them.

"I wasn't until he got mad at me. It's just I'm so worried about this pregnancy thing. Our relationship is so new. Adding a baby to that is just so stressful." Amy admitted.

"Amy, I know you're nervous, but your period is due in a few days.  If I were in your shoes, I would be thrilled to have Nick's baby. I would be scared as hell, but I know that Nick and I are meant to be." Dottie smiled at the thought of having Nick's baby. "I think Brian's the one. He's not the type of guy who would leave you because you are pregnant. What are your feelings about being pregnant?"

"D, you know I love kids. I want a houseful of them. I just feel irrational. Nothing seems normal anymore."

"Give it time, Amy. Talk to Brian. Tell how you feel. I think he will understand."  Dottie hugged Amy.

"I know your right. I just feel stupid now."

"Don't Amy. Everything will work out."

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please let us know! :)